PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Kinect to hit stores November 4

kazuya
15.06.10, 09:35
If Microsoft has its way, we all will be playing video games by moving our bodies instead of holding remotes starting November 4.

That's when Kinect, the company's new motion-controlled video gaming add-on for the Xbox 360, will go on sale in North America. Kinect will hit stores worldwide by the December holidays.

The new system uses cameras to read a player's body movements and then translates those actions onto the TV screen and into the game -- all without the aid of remote controls or buttons.

"With Kinect for Xbox 360, we're making entertainment controller-free, simpler and more social than ever before," Marc Whitten, Microsoft's corporate vice president for Xbox Live, said during a media event in Los Angeles, California. It was also streamed live over the internet.

"It's unlike anything you've ever experienced before," said Don Mattrick, Microsoft's senior vice president for interactive entertainment.

Microsoft Kinect to hit stores November 4 - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/06/14/microsoft.kinect.press/index.html)

dreamer
15.06.10, 17:06
I want to play holding remotes DAMN IT!
Wii sucks for most of the games except that tennis that comes with it.
it's mostly for young kids and chicks that don't usually play console games anyway.
damn noobs :tongue:

Sazzy
15.06.10, 19:49
wut wut wuuuuut!

Wii is fun though. It's just not a console you should play by yourself. Get together with some friends, have a drink and you'll see it's amazing.

SBfreak
15.06.10, 20:06
How the hell am I supposed to play POP with this? How do I run on walls:lol:

hellman
15.06.10, 20:12
How the hell am I supposed to play POP with this? How do I run on walls:lol:

right i'm thinking about tekken now:biggrin:

and what about disabled persons:eek13:

SBfreak
15.06.10, 20:13
and what about disabled persons:eek13:

Bill Gates doesn't care about them:eek13:

saebrtooth
16.06.10, 06:28
virtual realism getting better and better woohoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RihIe3VFdJE

thecoolest
16.06.10, 16:48
just got this video so i think its worth here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQUajj634Qk

slikrapid
16.06.10, 18:17
looks kinda lame & dumbed down, it will probably land somewhere between simple games for kids & cheap family entertainment, i can't see it being adequate for any kind of serious gaming, not to mention they will probably have to rethink this camera/sensor based approach, meaning some kind of device(s) attached to your body may be necessary if this is going to work (above the aforementioned simplex level)

so far imo they are just trying real hard to sell an unfinished product still in its early development stage (aka diapers)

oh, and just as in the case of 3d tv this is also far away from what could be termed 'virtual reality' - the problem here may be the fact that our economy isn't accustomed to long-term research without trying to capitalize on it, which could explain how even relatively insignificant advances get to be dumped on the market asap just to 'make a buck'

thecoolest
17.06.10, 15:45
silkrapid..true they told that..its can be seen on 3d...

but for it 3d channels + 3d channels supporter dth / cable connection + most of all to see 3d content you need 3d glasses

how can they offer whole family 3d glasses with tv or even with their new xbox products ?cant they think about money?coz its has to be given free coz persons are buying their things thats why