PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360-Support-Thread

tokiodrift1
04.06.10, 02:32
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4592/xbox360banner.jpg

Just had an idea:

Xbox-360-Support-Thread

If you have any question regarding the xbox-360 just post it in this Thread.

I'll help.

[FONT="Impact"]Modding / Hardware/ Software

~td1

saebrtooth
04.06.10, 05:53
Thank you for this thread :top:

How do I get CS headshot hack working on Xbox360?
I want to play Agarest Senki Zero on my 360 :biggrin:
When playing on the Xbox 360 when I sit in a certain way my balls start to ache, what can I do?

Instab
04.06.10, 06:01
When playing on the Xbox 360 when I sit in a certain way my balls start to ache, what can I do?

that's a hard one. well, how about changing the position slightly? or tried to rearrange the balls?

saebrtooth
04.06.10, 06:47
You know side shifting with the hands become a bit dangerous especally when play violent games, maybe I'll try the leg shake method :tongue:

Dagon
04.06.10, 09:00
Hey gibts eine Möglichkeit ie XBLA / DLC Inhalte ohne großen Aufwand zum Abspielen zu bringen?

weil was ich da über jtag oder so gelesen habe war mir zu riskant und zu zu kompliziert.

Mfg Dagon

tokiodrift1
04.06.10, 12:37
Pls stay english (next time)...

Ja, JTAG heißt das Zauberwort.
Seine Konsole zu einer JTAG-Konsole zu modifizieren ist nicht so einfach für einen Modding-Newbie.
Es sind leider auch überdurchnittlich viele Fälle bekannt, in denen eine JTAG-Konsole im nachhinein Fehleranfällig wird (E-Fehler, RROD), würde ich aktuell davon abraten.

Desweiteren können nicht alle Konsolen 'gejtagged' werden.
*Herstellunsdatum bis Produktionsdatum bis 2009-06-16
*7xxx'er Dashboard (also kein 'Dashboard' im 8xxx-als Versionsnummer)
*Die Konsole darf nicht nach Mai '09 bei MS eingeschickt worden sein, da MS das 'Dashboard' upgraded.

Also, das heisst: Wenn du auch ohne JTAG zufrieden bist, dann bleibe dabei.
Langfristig bist du damit glücklicher. :smile:

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

.... :eek13: ..... next time, check this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/196107-post36.html).

Dagon
04.06.10, 16:31
ok sorry for german, i didnt look which language the thread was.

so thank you for your help.

think its better not to use jtag. too complicated.

Mfg Dagon

tokiodrift1
04.06.10, 16:58
Yes, that is a good decision, I have also a Jtag-able console, but simply burning DVDs are still the best and safest option.

anon
04.06.10, 17:33

Get a pillow for your chair.

SBfreak
04.06.10, 17:36
Cut em off and enjoy a life of stress-less gaming.

tokiodrift1
04.06.10, 17:41
come on dudes, let him stay alive .. :web-smilies_big0033

LeechMaster
04.06.10, 20:30
my X360 Elite is showing red ring of death now:
/\
\/
What would be the best way to get it working again & after I fix it will it last? or it will relapse again:tongue:.

cheatos
04.06.10, 20:36
/\
\/
What would be the best way to get it working again & after I fix it will it last? or it will relapse again:tongue:.

@tokyodrift1, leechMaseter, sorry for the interruption.

what did you do so it got RRoD?

dreamer
04.06.10, 21:00
my console got 2 lights a few months back without any clear reason..
as I remember it suddenly starts flashing without obvious reasons

tokiodrift1
04.06.10, 22:05
/\
\/

Send it to MS, you have 3 (!) years extended guarantee on a RROD, even if you lost your receipt.
Just call'em and they'll let the procedure begin.

I don't think that he forced his console in any special way to get a RROD. ;)

my console got 2 lights a few months back without any clear reason..
as I remember it suddenly starts flashing without obvious reasons

Check which kind of error code you got--> LINK (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bdegen.de%2Fxbox-360-error-codes) .
Different codes have different solutions.

Regards,
td1

LeechMaster
04.06.10, 23:01

Besides flashing its Benq drive three times, I haven't done thing. My x360 date of manufacture is 2005 I guess this problem comes with the first line of x360 products. New ones I guess doesn't have such problems. cheatos the problem comes from MS stupid method to fix the heat sink of CPU & GPU by the stupid X-Clamp which has loosened which cause RROD.

@tokiodrift1. the problem is my box drive is flashed & the warranty sticker is broken. So I believe no way MS would accept it. Could you suggest another solution?. And what about the last manufacturing line of x360 products? did MS solved the RROD?

cheatos
04.06.10, 23:10
Besides flashing its Benq drive three times, I haven't done thing. My x360 date of manufacture is 2005 I guess this problem comes with the first line of x360 products. New ones I believe doesn't have such problems.

well you can do as tokyodrift1 said, try with Microsoft.
also i'm sure you know about these but if not they worth a look:

http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=651407

finally i'd advise taking it to a non-ms console shop, its better if you are not going to buy another one or to buy a PS3.

tokiodrift1
05.06.10, 00:46
@tokiodrift1. the problem is my box drive is flashed & the warranty sticker is broken. So I believe no way MS would accept it. ...

No problem, even if your drive is flashed (you'll get it back as it is, they do only a motherboard-reflow etc.).
If its just a sticker thing---> PM Sent. :smile:

well you can do as tokyodrift1 said, try with Microsoft.
also i'm sure you know about these but if not they worth a look:

http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=651407

finally i'd advise taking it to a non-ms console shop, its better if you are not going to buy another one or to buy a PS3.

Yes, these possibilities are only used if its definitely not possible to do it by MS.
In general it is better to send it to MS.

~td1

LeechMaster
05.06.10, 01:25
Just figured out to post this as an info MS repair center will replace my motherboard with opus instead of the previous screwed xenon. the latest & the best is Jasper motherboard which unlikely RROD will occur with it.

My xbox 360 system is NTSC/J from Japan will this make a difference to which repair center I must send my x360 to? Japan or USA & Europe? I am kinda in middle between those two countries :p

tokiodrift1
05.06.10, 01:45
Just figured out to post this as an info MS repair center will replace my motherboard with opus instead of the previous screwed xenon. the latest & the best is Jasper motherboard which unlikely RROD will occur with it.

My xbox 360 system is NTSC/J from Japan will this make a difference to which repair center I must send my x360 to? Japan or USA & Europe? I am kinda in middle between those two countries :p

No matter to which center you'll send it.
However, would be good to send it to the nearest center.
You will get exactly the same xbox-360 as you send them (same mainboard-version, same drive).
So trying to get a newer mainboard-rev. won't work. :tongue:

alpacino
05.06.10, 04:32
If your console wasn't modified, the best thing to do is return to Microsoft, if there is a licensed repair center in your country/region. You won't receive your console back, instead you will get a refurbished unit with a new warranty. So if your console has any custom parts (like faceplate or leds), you'd better keep them. Maybe even keep your HD (if you have any). In case your area doesn't have a center or it's too costly to ship it, read below.

If you have modified, aka opened it and voided the seal, you'd better off trying to find some local technician or repair shop, so that a BGA re-flow can be tried. The re-flow itself is not guaranteed to work, it will depend on how damaged your unit is. The x-clamps method is a cheap one, and can work out in case of small damaged units, but I wouldn't recommend it at all.

tokiodrift1
05.06.10, 04:46
AFAIK, even if you modifiy your xbox-drive (to play backups), you'll still get the whole guarantee from MS, just be sure that you have a guarantee seal on your console.

They'll send your console back, and it will still play backups.
How cool is that... :top:

Dagon
05.06.10, 17:56
hey

just another question.

if i have a game with region code USA can i change it to Europe region. Thanks

kind regards

Dagon

cheatos
05.06.10, 18:11
hey

just another question.

kind regards

Dagon

No,

you need a JTAG for that :tongue:,
and even with a JTAG, some games such as Tales of Vesperia and others have an extra protection layer that will cause the game to crash immediatly if you patched its xex to Region Free/PAL.

Source:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=705100&st=30

you might need to wait for the PAL release of the game or to forget about it completely :frown:.

or someday we may have a hack like the PS2 region patcher.

whats that game by the way? Record of Agarest War ? :P, it sucks judging by the screenshots and videos.

tokiodrift1
05.06.10, 18:14
hey

just another question.

kind regards

Dagon

Yes, as cheatos said you have to stay on releases for your location.
However, there are also Region-Free Releases available which do not have such a limitation.

Regards,
td1

Dagon
05.06.10, 18:45
i dont remember which game it was. something with pinball.
atm i am not really interested in Shooter Games, becouse i do not play very often (no time for this), so only in a week 1 hour or less (often nothing)

thank you.

kind regards

Dagon

tokiodrift1
05.06.10, 23:44
You're welcome,

regarding the game: It could be Dream Pinball or Pinball FX.

Regards,
td1