PDA

View Full Version : Cheating on CoExist

WhaSUP?
18.04.10, 09:42
I know, ratio free, just feeling a little evil and also I want me some of those precious, precious fame points

anon
18.04.10, 17:37
Cheating on a ratio-free tracker, etc.

There are some exceptions, but generally, what's the problem with just seeding the necessary amount of time?

Großmutter
18.04.10, 17:44
i have use MRatio with azureus and up to 700 kb/s with Big Torrents(DVD) with only 1 Lecher.
works for me!

hellman
18.04.10, 17:55
that tracker hardly had leechers... i suggest you to download 4-5 torrents and seed them 4ever...
it will not take ur bandwidth coz there are'nt any leechers....
u want points then u can gain this way....
its a good site ... u don't need to cheat there

leechers are on only few torrents

ragincajun77
07.06.10, 16:31
Okay, I'm not here to try and bust anyone, but I felt the need to register to reply to this post. I don't agree with cheating, however I do understand that it is hard for some people with small bandwidth to seed back to the required 1:1 ratio. Hence the reason we formed a non-ratio site. To see members want to cheat a non-ratio site that was created to help out people just like yourself really gives me the red ass.

SBfreak
07.06.10, 19:39
As long as there's that 1:1 ratio rule for all downloaded torrents any greedy cheater will say this:

Why keep the torrent seeding when I can just fake my ratio and delete right after I don't need it?
Another reason he might want to do that is maybe because he hates the tracker for some random reason.I used to cheat at PTN just because I realized the tracker was good for nothing after I traded some really good material for it.
No offense to anyone but this is a perfect example of greedy cheating.

anon
07.06.10, 19:46
Okay, I'm not here to try and bust anyone, but I felt the need to register to reply to this post. I don't agree with cheating, however I do understand that it is hard for some people with small bandwidth to seed back to the required 1:1 ratio. Hence the reason we formed a non-ratio site. To see members want to cheat a non-ratio site that was created to help out people just like yourself really gives me the red ass.

First of all, welcome to the forum. Secondly, I'll take it you're staff on CoExist. Finally, I can't speak for the others, but if you look at the second post in this thread, you'll see I generally sympathize with you and always recommend not cheating on ratio-free trackers, because of the very same reasons you mentioned.

Mihai
07.06.10, 19:55

Hi.Saw you on coexist:tongue:
Anyway, i like your site, i never cheated there because it would be stupid of me:stupid:
But could you modify that rule about seeding for a total of 3 days in 5?It's kinda hard to keep up.It would be easier to just ask to seed a whole week instead.:top:

SBfreak
07.06.10, 20:01
You mean a week with no deadline?
Previous case 5 weeks?

Mihai
07.06.10, 20:06
You mean a week with no deadline?

Not with no deadline.But let's say a week from a month or something.it would be more user friendly

SBfreak
07.06.10, 20:13
Easier for you==>harder impact on the tracker overall number of seeders on new torrents.
I know why you want this.You can't keep your pc always on right?:biggrin:
And acquiring 3 days of seeding time in 5 days is really hard.

Mihai
07.06.10, 20:18
Easier for you==>harder impact on the tracker overall number of seeders on new torrents.
I know why you want this.You can't keep your pc always on right?:biggrin:
And acquiring 3 days of seeding time in 5 days is really hard.

Got it:top:Plus the bills are already high:rolling_eyes:

ragincajun77
07.06.10, 21:44
First of all, welcome to the forum. Secondly, I'll take it you're staff on CoExist. Finally, I can't speak for the others, but if you look at the second post in this thread, you'll see I generally sympathize with you and always recommend not cheating on ratio-free trackers, because of the very same reasons you mentioned.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I actually edited my post because some of my fellow staffers called me a softy, which I kinda am. Anyways, my original post had the following ending sentence:

"It's good to know that the majority of you all here appreciate what we are trying to do and have actually recommended not cheating."

One more thing: we are modifying our seed time requirements. Look for an announcement soon.

anon
07.06.10, 21:47
One more thing: we are modifying our seed time requirements. Look for an announcement soon.

Nice to see tracker staff take feedback from here when people would think it's the last place where to look for it. :smile:

Mihai
07.06.10, 21:51
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I actually edited my post because some of my fellow staffers called me a softy, which I kinda am. Anyways, my original post had the following ending sentence:

"It's good to know that the majority of you all here appreciate what we are trying to do and have actually recommended not cheating."

Great.Thanks a lot!That's why i love that place:top:

SSJGogeta
07.06.10, 23:52
I really wish the staff on other trackers were just as cool. I mean for them to listen to an audience that I don't think any other tracker would and change the rules to make both sides happy is just amazing. I hope CoExist becomes one of the top trackers for sure.

crystal
08.06.10, 12:16
Nice to see tracker staff take feedback from here when people would think it's the last place where to look for it. :smile:

its really a good initiative from CE Staff to take feedback from here , and truly speaking more staff should actually come for a heart to heart chat with the users here .

i personally feel is SB-I is a very good place for other staff as well where they may get good amount of honest opinions from users about seeding rules , ratios etc . many of us do upload and seed as well and not everyone cheating here just cheats for the fun of it , many of us genuinely do have problems with regards to capped low speeds , very low uploads , ISP problems etc which makes it very tough to compete with the seedbox users and 20/50 line users .

asking in normal forums is also a good place where you get some good and honest opinions but there are chances of interacting with alot of seedbox whores who just want to see their upload in TB's and have download probably 2 gb in 2 years , desperate collectors with fake identities etc who will ass kiss for an invite and will blindly agree to any rules a private tracker may put despite being very tough for them to seed back .

shawshankraj
08.06.10, 12:21

It's good to see staff taking advice from here..Thanks for co-operation..

Vaffa
05.08.10, 22:25
yes the staff there is pretty cool. Can't tell you where they helped me cos I might get banned after that :)
used my fav. GT;
multiplier 22 and several gb of upload added successfully

SealLion
06.08.10, 02:23
yes the staff there is pretty cool. Can't tell you where they helped me cos I might get banned after that :)
used my fav. GT;
multiplier 22 and several gb of upload added successfully

I don't get it.
What did you get out of cheating on a ratio-less tracker??.....increased ratio??
Or just so you could get past the seed times if ratio less than 1??

IMHO, I'd just as soon as seed back. I like CE and when I like a site, I'm quite content to seed back what I took from there.

ONe of the things that I find that you gain when you seed-return your snatches is at least some respect. That respect may not be verbalized or texted to you by other seeders or even leechers, it's kind of an unspoken 'thanks for seeding and I respect you for it', kind of sentiment.

When you go into the forums of a place like CE, you see that 1. It's small.
Small communities tend to stick together.
It's like a small town --- Small towns stick together.
I tend to respect a smaller communities.

2. In smaller communites, it's easier to get to know someone on the forums. ...kind of like sb-i, here.
Hence, when on a site like CE, you become familiar with the IPs that download stuff off, of you that you upload and who say's 'thanks' for your uploads and so on.

Vaffa
06.08.10, 20:06
As I said in another thread here in sb-i I have no respect for trackers I have. [In russian language we have a proverb smth like "it's not a goal, it's means"]
So trackers are means, ways to get smth [files]. I don't care if it's small community or IPT. Here in CE I got tired of watching my several gigs of upload. Now I got at least something.

Man, if you like CE it doesn't mean I like it. [e.g. for me no EDM out there at all] Also I'm not here to discuss moral aspects of my actions. So I cheated just for fun. Moreover my type of cheating allows actually seed the files. So please speak for yourself and there are other topics where you can make a declaration of love.
Ah yes and on fact I wanted to cheat on filelist a bit but other trackers were also involved so I decided to write a couple of words about CE cos in case of for example bit-hdtv it's nothing new
ps In the light of the latest news I'm afraid things are not going well there.