PDA

View Full Version : Unthinkable

shawshankraj
10.04.10, 06:11
Release date:17 June 2010 (Netherlands)
Actor:Michael Sheen , Samuel L. Jackson
Plot:
A psychological thriller centered around a black-ops interrogator and an FBI agent who press a suspect terrorist into divulging the location of three nuclear weapons sets to detonate in the U.S

YouTube - Unthinkable (2010) Trailer

alpacino
10.04.10, 07:38
The plot seems very strong. Should be a good thriller to look forward to. :wink:

dreamer
10.04.10, 11:11
The plot seems very strong. Should be a good thriller to look forward to. :wink:

I agree.
I LOVE psychological thrillers :cool:
great actors here too.

shawshankraj
10.04.10, 14:22
yeah psychological thrillers are always watchable remember The silence of lambs..

SBcheater
10.04.10, 14:56
That's a very different movie theme indeed not only this but Samuel Jackson is such an artist that it will be not a good idea to skip his movies .. one of my fav. artists.

slikrapid
10.04.10, 19:32

are you sure about that? ;)

first there is the thing about some (not very convincingly looking) terrorist acquiring 3 nukes, as if they are sold on the streets (apparently one wasn't enough of a danger)

then he wants to surrender to the law enforcement so they can torture him, but its cheaper to get it at some s&m club, not to mention you can stop it anytime you want

then there is the thing of a superhero fbi investigator before whom every criminal trembles in fear, yet we all know torture isn't that effective at all, especially on trained individuals, and the untrained (or innocent) will say whatever the interrogator wants them to say, just to avoid the pain

then there is the good cop, i mean, the female agent who is concerned about the torture, being unconstitutional or whatever (and we all know every intelligence agency uses it unscrupulously just because they can get away with it), until the scriptwriters gag her, proving to the viewer that torture is sometimes necessary

on the other hand, if we disregard all the propaganda or plot holes, considering how s.l. jackson & c.a. moss are actually pretty good actors, it may be an enjoyable experience after all

alpacino
10.04.10, 20:45
are you sure about that? ;)

first there is the thing about some (not very convincingly looking) terrorist acquiring 3 nukes, as if they are sold on the streets (apparently one wasn't enough of a danger)

then he wants to surrender to the law enforcement so they can torture him, but its cheaper to get it at some s&m club, not to mention you can stop it anytime you want

then there is the thing of a superhero fbi investigator before whom every criminal trembles in fear, yet we all know torture isn't that effective at all, especially on trained individuals, and the untrained (or innocent) will say whatever the interrogator wants them to say, just to avoid the pain

then there is the good cop, i mean, the female agent who is concerned about the torture, being unconstitutional or whatever (and we all know every intelligence agency uses it unscrupulously just because they can get away with it), until the scriptwriters gag her, proving to the viewer that torture is sometimes necessary

Why so serious? :tongue:

Look what you've gone and done, you spoiled all the fun, now I don't wanna watch it anymore. :icon_angry[1]:

slikrapid
10.04.10, 20:55
Why so serious? :tongue:

is it? i was having fun writing it though :tongue:

Look what you've gone and done, you spoiled all the fun, now I don't wanna watch it anymore

come on now, by the time the dvdrip gets out my spoilers will be a thing of the past...btw, i'll probably watch it anyways ;)

dreamer
10.04.10, 21:24
slikrapid you're right because I see the batmobile in the street all the time.
Don Corleon is a good friend of mind, by the way. so is Gandalf.
and did I ever tell you about how I escaped from Shawshank?

alpacino
10.04.10, 21:41
is it? i was having fun writing it though :tongue:

come on now, by the time the dvdrip gets out my spoilers will be a thing of the past...btw, i'll probably watch it anyways ;)

Just like you, I was having some share of fun writing that too, and when it premieres, there is a good chance I'll be watching it. :top:

slikrapid
10.04.10, 21:47
I see the batmobile in the street all the time.
Don Corleon is a good friend of mind, by the way. so is Gandalf.
and did I ever tell you about how I escaped from Shawshank?

ok, let me guess:

batman was too busy with the joker & penguin, but he still had time to quickly txt you his apologies between the bullets flying around

gandalf offered some assistance, but you declined so the mage council wouldn't find out how you preferred gandalf over saruman

don corleone already started digging a tunnel so he can infiltrate with a mini army and take the prison by surprise, coz he owz u bigtime and doesn't want to loose a finger or even worse, get a horse head as a gift, since, what are good friends for?

as for shawshank, you probably either shanked your way out (making quite a show, hence how the prison got its name!), played the brubaker card or simply bent the bars a la neo :biggrin:

dreamer
10.04.10, 22:54
:biggrin: glad you took it that way

saebrtooth
11.04.10, 02:38
The other side of the coin: A US Republican perspective?

mike_P
14.02.11, 13:32
This movie was a total surprise for me....i watched it knowing absolutly nothing about it than that Sam JAckson was in it and it left me amazed when the credits rolled. It asks very serious realistic questions about today's society, the feeling of security and how much of it is fake and how fragile is the ballance of things in the human mind. I won't spoil for you but this movie goes a long way into morality and humanity issues.