PDA

View Full Version : what is your proudest moment on any private tracker?

jamesbanned
03.04.10, 16:59
hi all. sort of long time lurker (many months), first time poster here.

i was wondering just what the title says.

my proudest moment was cheating to vip on bmtv. :tongue:

what about you guys?

shawshankraj
03.04.10, 17:04
I can also say much same thing..I am on bitmetv for past 1 years months enjoying power user status with 300+Gb Upload..
And have SCC acc. with unbelievable ratio..

SBcheater
03.04.10, 17:55
When I hit a 2TB fake buffer on HDbits without getting caught , lol

Mihai
03.04.10, 17:56
When i just discovered the waffles method on waffles.I knew from that second that everything will change for me and all the cheaters here

anon
03.04.10, 18:20
Well, there are many:

registering at ILT and bG back in 2007
the lots of What.cd leeching back when cheating there was a piece of cake in late 2008
getting a TL invite in early 2009
being globally banned a month later (Melvin for the win!)
getting a batch of What.cd accounts afterwards, and not caring about BCG
getting ScT to reenable my account
getting disabled privileges on FST five minutes after registration (does this one count?)
discovering IPT wasn't that hard to cheat (cheers to Vw)
getting to PU+ on Waffles

And others I'm probably forgetting.

Blocker
03.04.10, 18:22
Everytime I reach PU status cheating :tongue:

ares
03.04.10, 21:25
When I reached 5 TB upload at IPT...and then 1 TB or more at other trackers. ^_^

dreamer
03.04.10, 21:31
the moment I most enjoyed of is the fact that my account in FTN was deleted because of inactivity ;)
looks like the wink smile doesn't work lol. well not as ":wink:" anyway

Uninvited2611
03.04.10, 22:12
when i got promoted to PU in TV :d

suazrex
03.04.10, 22:21
just passed the interview at what.cd! so that.

anon
03.04.10, 22:22
The What.cd staff reads this board - posting that in public may not be in your best interest.

suazrex
04.04.10, 00:58
maybe but not yet. the interview is very easy too so i will be back

Hideehi
04.04.10, 20:08
Three weeks ago, I cheated 25GB in one day on PTP, and THEN PM'd DontAskQuestions to offer to be a coder! He never replied, but it was daring as hell :P

Wouldn't it be cool, to become a coder on a private tracker? You could then see all their anticheat scripts and everything.

anon
04.04.10, 20:09
Wouldn't it be cool, to become a coder on a private tracker? You could then see all their anticheat scripts and everything.

Depends on the access level they give you. But if you prove to have knowledge of PHP and such it's possible.

Hideehi
04.04.10, 20:12
lol, I'm going to do that to What.CD then. Gotta cheat my way to elite first though...(and that will be my new proudest moment).

anon
04.04.10, 20:12
You also have to upload a certain amount of torrents (I think 50) to become Elite.

Hideehi
04.04.10, 20:15
Do audiobooks count? Then I can just download an audiobook pack from btjunkie and upload them all :P

Edit: ebooks too, I guess that would be even easier.

kazuya
04.04.10, 20:16
let me think...maybe testing uT 2.0.0.0 spoof in Vuze successful for 3 days or it's just noob luck

anon
04.04.10, 20:17
Do audiobooks count? Then I can just download an audiobook pack from btjunkie and upload them all :P

They don't have to be albums, they also accept audiobooks, yes, as well as e-books, comics and apps.

let me think...maybe testing uT 2.0.0.0 spoof in Vuze

What? :huh:

jamesbanned
04.04.10, 20:27
lol, I'm going to do that to What.CD then. Gotta cheat my way to elite first though...(and that will be my new proudest moment).it's not too difficult. i probably cheated about half of my upload there so far, and my uploads helped with the rest. 50 uploads is really easy if you just do ebooks, but you won't get much upload credit (doesn't matter if you are using the waffles method, though :biggrin:).

but my proudest moment on what.cd was when i argued to get my uploading privileges enabled after i uploaded a torrent with a log i edited (wasn't too bad of an edit, but they still caught me :redface:). since then, i have followed the rules and stayed under the radar. ;)

Hideehi
04.04.10, 20:36
but my proudest moment on what.cd was when i argued to get my uploading privileges enabled after i uploaded a torrent with a log i edited (wasn't too bad of an edit, but they still caught me :redface:). since then, i have followed the rules and stayed under the radar. ;)

How do they detect faked logs? Does the torrent file store the last modified time, so they can see if it was changed?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a bunch of FLAC I got off btjunkie a long time ago, but it doesn't have logs. So if I can just copy/paste the log of another file and change the filenames...:biggrin:

anon
04.04.10, 20:38
Does the torrent file store the last modified time, so they can see if it was changed?

I don't know how they detect forged logs, but the torrent metadata doesn't store this information.

henry
04.04.10, 21:04
when I used waffles method on waffles !

mangathala2002
08.04.10, 08:03
Proudest moment has to be the time

-> Just a few hours before Sct closed down i flashed about a Tb :tongue:
-> Finding a tiny loophole (well not actually loophole) on one of my favorite private trackers and exploiting it for over an year

CindyVer
08.04.10, 12:19
I'm proud I have never been caught cheating :biggrin:

anon
08.04.10, 15:55

BitMeTV? :happy: Or was that due to something else?

CindyVer
08.04.10, 20:48
BitMeTV? :happy: Or was that due to something else?

Got me there ... they once kicked me because they suspected I was cheating.
It was one of their no-life staffers that studied the stats manually, but I managed to get my account back a while later after a chat in IRC with some higher-ups.

As I write this I'm still sitting on my first and 220+ weeks old BitmeTV-VIP-account :)

Blocker
09.04.10, 03:13
Got me there ... they once kicked me because they suspected I was cheating.
It was one of their no-life staffers that studied the stats manually, but I managed to get my account back a while later after a chat in IRC with some higher-ups.

As I write this I'm still sitting on my first and 220+ weeks old BitmeTV-VIP-account :)

CindyVer

You're one more proof of staff cheaters :biggrin: LOL

CindyVer
09.04.10, 08:36
CindyVer

You're one more proof of staff cheaters :biggrin: LOL

LOL, I think you misunderstood. I'm not a staffer at BitmeTV.
It was a staffer with no life that suspected I was cheating.

I'm just one of the 50k users :)

jamesbanned
09.04.10, 10:39
LOL, I think you misunderstood. I'm not a staffer at BitmeTV.
It was a staffer with no life that suspected I was cheating.

I'm just one of the 50k users :)i think he means that since you're vip there, then someone like you could possibly become staff. i would not be surprised if there are cheaters among staff on certain trackers (surely there must be at least a few), since rouge staffers are obviously not unheard of.

would anyone here like to claim that feat as a proudest moment? ;)

anon
09.04.10, 13:19
i think he means that since you're vip there, then someone like you could possibly become staff.

If I remember correctly, at BitMeTV VIP is just another userclass, just like User or Power User.

shawshankraj
09.04.10, 13:23
If I remember correctly, at BitMeTV VIP is just another userclass, just like User or Power User.

yes anon you are right anon.

Must have uploaded at least 100GB and have a ratio at or above 3.0. All Power User conditions must also be fulfilled. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that VIPs will be automatically demoted from this status if their ratio drops below 1.50 at any time

Aurion
09.04.10, 20:42
I would say I had couple of great rushy moments upon joining some trackers that I used to chase for long time, those were when I first joined E***, ScT (R.I.P) & iTS

jamesbanned
09.04.10, 20:52
If I remember correctly, at BitMeTV VIP is just another userclass, just like User or Power User.it is, but if you can reach a relatively high user class undetected, then you could possibly become staff with some more effort.

anon
09.04.10, 20:53
Depends on how much you participate in their community... an account belonging the highest automatically reached user class and having TBs of upload won't be promoted to staff if it has 0 posts, for example.

Aurion
09.04.10, 20:55
@jamesbanned: With all due respect, but I don't think it is anyhow possible to reach staff ranks even if you filled every rank's requirements proving you are a good sharer/seeder. That's because being picked as a staff member has nothing to do with how much data you seed back, they care about other important contributions or how deep you contacts can get your hands on fresh or unreleased or 0second scenes.

But still, every thing is possible if the owner said it is :biggrin:

jamesbanned
09.04.10, 20:57
i agree, one would have to upload torrents and also make posts, and be generally helpfully, in addition to hoarding buffer (:redface:). i didn't mean to imply that someone could be promoted for being a good 'sharer,' just that if you can escape detection on that front, then you might have a chance (sites probably don't want 'bad' sharers among staff). the other stuff was implied (after all, you don't draw suspicion by making good uploads and good posts, and should maybe do that anyway :biggrin:). in fact, i believe it was anon who taught me that :happy:.

my fault for not being clear enough to begin with :sm61:.

dreamer
10.04.10, 11:18

I do not know how you have the guts the say that! :biggrin: it's like asking to be caught for the first time. :tongue:

s21wert
10.04.10, 12:39
500 uploads and 1TB up at KG without any cheating at all.

CindyVer
10.04.10, 13:37
Being asked to staff on a tracker requires more than just using the tracker like a regular member.

You have to be connected, involved in the tracker-community or have some coder-skills.
You can upload 100 TB without being asked to become staff.

I do not know how you have the guts the say that! :biggrin: it's like asking to be caught for the first time. :tongue:

There's a first time for everything in life :wink:

anon
10.04.10, 18:01

How, exactly? It's not like they can tell his username on trackers via that post... :unsure:

dreamer
10.04.10, 21:29
How, exactly? It's not like they can tell his username on trackers via that post... :unsure:
I was talking about "evil eye" stuff lol
saying "I was never caught" is like asking to be caught the next day :rolling_eyes:

Master Razor
30.01.13, 20:37
There are two things:
• being able to cheat and not cause harm to my inviter
• helping others

I'm so happy whenever I send an invite or torrent to a private tracker.

bernardosgr
30.01.13, 22:33
Well... There is this one tracker (Deli.sh) which I love, being someone who loves cooking and food and all... And the most awesome thing happened to me there:

This will be simpler to understand for people who are also into cooking.

There was a request on the tracker for Ferran Adria's book from elBulli (I think it was elBulli 2003) and also for Noma's cookbook, for those who don't know what this is, elBulli was one of the most iconic restaurants of the past century because of it's exquisite amazingness at every single level, booking their rooms for months on end and of the Chef being one of the innovators, creators and perfecters of Molecular Cooking (Ferran Adria). Noma is the cookbook of the restaurant Noma (awarded with the prize for best restaurant in the world and also about molecular cooking).

These books were nowhere to be found and I mean like nowhere... And, as the legend goes, I came around it in a kind of shadowy spanish forum (well, not so shadowy since it's about cooking) and posted it up in the tracker (taking no credit for the torrent, only for finding the book) and cashed in on a 200 GB "bounty" for the said torrent.

I was happy for finding the book for myself, I was happy for making it available for other cooking lovers and I was happy for "cashing" in... As you might or might not know, 200 GB in Deli.sh is quite a lot

SomeGuy
02.02.13, 08:46
^ O man! I love cooking. I did not know a tracker existed that was for those that love cooking.

bernardosgr
02.02.13, 12:41
^ O man! I love cooking. I did not know a tracker existed that was for those that love cooking.

There is and it is an awesome community with a lot of extra features besides just the tracker itself, you should join, I'll check if I have invites

EnigmaT
02.02.13, 21:55
Every time I got higher user statuts than Power User on any tracker (some have other names for their user classes)

MEI5TER
30.03.13, 23:46
probably Elite on What, passing the HDC test for the first time and making VIP at many other trackers that can't be bought.

occul123
17.12.17, 23:49
my new goal to cheat at what.cd :P

alpacino
19.12.17, 09:34
You'll need to come up with a time traveling machine then.

anon
19.12.17, 16:02
My goal is to become ScT Super Seed Whore and FTN Hero :wub:

H265
19.12.17, 16:46
My goal is to become ScT Super Seed Whore and FTN Hero :wub:

lol :biggrin:

anon
19.12.17, 17:49
I really was on my way to become Super Seed Whore with my 50 MB/s RatioMaster seedbox, then they shut down :germm: Not that it gave you any advantages anyway.

H265
19.12.17, 17:56
I remember once i set the wrong ul speed in mratio and it uploaded like 100TB+. I was in the top10 list of hd-torrents. I was on the list for 1 day and then got banned. :biggrin:

Master Razor
19.12.17, 22:06
I had overall 400 tracker accounts in 2009 and wound up with less than 40 due to lack of manpower and money for VPN and Seedboxes. The only thing that sets me apart is that I never sold these accounts, never gaved them away, there was just mine. Once you've counquered the organization blocade (usernames, passwords, emails), and have a staright forward way to document your mistakes and victories, while also having tracker staff contact base, pack of lies and fake profs ready, there is nothing you cannot do. At one point we thought about selling the entire collection, with the emails, and connections we've acquired along the way. The price was so high that we gave up.

alpacino
20.12.17, 07:31
Well my proudest moment was when I got my nTorrents (extinct now) account unbanned and at the same time getting to know sb-i through them. Long story cut short, I had been disabled because I used an username from an infamous guy from here. They tried, tried and tried again to pull a confession from me that I was this guy. I based my defense on the fact that having the same name as someone here is not enough to make a connection, specially when, in the ocassion, it was not an unique name like "samurai123". It all went down on their irc channel and I was even getting bullied by non staff users who were at the help channel that day with phrases like "come on man, admit it already", "it's you", "stop lying, it's for your best", etc.

After 2 or 3 irc sessions I got my account back and started learning stuff here, since my isp connection was very shitty back in the day. Some many months later I had been disabled again, went to their irc again and there were 2 staffers, when I asked why I was disabled, one of them told me they had no idea and that I would have to wait for another guy to get online to verify my situation since that was "above their paygrade". They only told me there was a note on my account that read "do not re-enable". That's when I said "ok guys, I will come back later" and actually never came back. Waited a few weeks and got a new invite and got back in again. Then at a later time the tracker died out.

anon
21.12.17, 15:23
If all that led you to find this forum, then it was worth it! :sbi:

Datendiebstahl
04.02.18, 21:10
back in 2005, until my accounts got disabled for inactivity because of taking my pc away, together with my saved account info
looking for invites now

anon
05.02.18, 05:58
Well, hopefully you've learnt the lesson: always encrypt, and keep (encrypted) backups and a spare laptop on an off-site location.

maniak
14.02.18, 05:28
Being able to buffer all my private tracker accounts without being caught, how I did it??
These last years I learned methods to purchase VPS servers without paying a single penny
I feel like a god

5ied22
14.02.18, 10:08
The comments section