PDA

View Full Version : FTN is switching to a ratio system

shawshankraj
02.04.10, 15:46
Citing system abuse by the majority of the member base, FTN announced yesterday that they are switching to a ratio'd system. Look for a proper news article to be posted shortly.

From their news section:

Dear members,

Around two and a half years back, we took a radical step and removed the ratio system which changed the face of torrenting. Later, we also removed minimum seeding time requirements. It seemed to work for a while. Unfortunately, most of the members started to abuse this system. As a result, we have decided to bring the ratio system back. We have also planned to impose reasonable seeding time requirements. These are likely to come in effect after the end of our birthday celebrations. The details of the minimum ratio required for each user class and the minimum seeding time requirements for 0day torrents and packs will be revealed soon.

I am not a member there i just copy paste this information..

I like to add source for it..
FTN is switching to a ratio'd system - Torrent Invites! Get your free private torrent tracker invites ! (http://www.torrent-invites.com/bittorrent-discussion/55535-ftn-switching-ratiod-system.html)

JustJenna will be piss on me and hopefully have another ban..
I think it's a April full joke.

shoulder
02.04.10, 15:51
I think so too. :P

dreamer
02.04.10, 16:10
you can never know.. it can very well be a true thing.
if no minimum seeding time is present and no ratio to judge...

but that's unlikely to happen because FTN is a really small consolidated community.

Mihai
02.04.10, 16:51
JustJenna will be piss on me and hopefully have another ban..

Meaning?Are you like trying to get around with her or what?:tongue:

shawshankraj
02.04.10, 16:54
Meaning?Are you like trying to get around with her or what?

In past she banned me like 15 times..though this time I am doing okay..

Mihai
02.04.10, 17:07
Banned me once too.Stupid chick.

anon
02.04.10, 17:38
If it's not an April Fools joke, the timing wasn't the best.

MoS
02.04.10, 21:56
Not a member there but good news as they gonna have some active cheaters adding illegal GBs to their buffer to keep a alive there :wink2:

SBcheater
02.04.10, 23:17
FTN will lose its popularity not only among its current users but its prospective invite seekers as well, the only thing that distinguish FTN from other 0day trackers was its awesome no seeding time requirement policy and a ratio free system, otherwise SCC is far more better and faster then FTN in many ways , and their 0day/MP3 section is already on lifetime freeleech.

Instab
02.04.10, 23:27
ftn can't compete with scc anyway. ratio-less or not

dreamer
02.04.10, 23:31
no.. FTN was a really wanted tracker even before the no ratio.. I know because I was there.
it doesn't matter to people.. all it takes for a tracker to be so wanted is people's inability to be a member of it..

anon
02.04.10, 23:32
all it takes for a tracker to be so wanted is people's inability to be a member of it..

At the same time its existence is known. And let's not forget the "perfect place" image of FTN a lot of non-members have for some reason...

shawshankraj
03.04.10, 02:48
It's the April Fool joke...They made this joke to give surprise as FTN celebrating it's 4th Anniversary..

saebrtooth
03.04.10, 06:45
Meaning?Are you like trying to get around with her or what?:tongue:

Its a fetish hope

dredream
03.04.10, 07:27
so basically u guys are saying that FTN is good only because it is exclusive but not because it has good content.

Instab
03.04.10, 07:32
so basically u guys are saying that FTN is good only because it is exclusive but not because it has good content.

well, it's not a bad site but it can't compete with scc e.g. and you're right, the main reason for all the hype is the fact that it's hard to get in.

dreamer
03.04.10, 11:55
it has very good conent, very good speed, a lot of freeleech torrents, amazing community.
it's not a bad tracker, it's just that there are many like it that are a bit better..

shoulder
03.04.10, 12:03
It's ratio-free, everything is freeleech. :P

dreamer
03.04.10, 12:05
not anymore :biggrin: (I was referring to the time before the ratio drop system which will probably come back now that had many many freeleech torrents)

SBcheater
03.04.10, 12:39
it has very good conent, very good speed, a lot of freeleech torrents, amazing community. it's not a bad tracker, it's just that there are many like it that are a bit better..

Despite of these things TL is thousand times better then FTN (with a ratio system and seeding time requirements) in my point of view, I have completely lost my interest in FTN since I have heard this news about implementation of ratio system and seed time requirements .. for collectors and traders that's another matter for them FTN will still be at level 8, but what about those guys who don't have expensive seedboxs/High speeds internet connections, and they can't afford to pay for these... guess what SBI's soon goona experience lots of poor FTN members joining this site.

dreamer
03.04.10, 12:51
I also think TL is better than FTN and that's exactly why I stopped using FTN and eventually disabled due to inactivity.. but then again IMO TL is better than ANY other torrent tracker out that (except for trackers for specific type of content like waffles->music, xbox sky->xbox360 etc.)

SBcheater
03.04.10, 13:02
I also think TL is better than FTN and that's exactly why I stopped using FTN and eventually disabled due to inactivity.. but then again IMO TL is better than ANY other torrent tracker out that (except for trackers for specific type of content like waffles->music, xbox sky->xbox360 etc.)

That's absolutely right, becuase they are the dedicated trackers.

anon
03.04.10, 17:40

I've always thought a mainstream tracker like TL and a music one like What and Waffles are everything you need if you're a content lover, unless you have special needs (old games -> BCG, for example).

But I'm confused now... is this ratio system change real or an April Fools/birthday joke? Can any FTN member confirm it? :unsure:

SBcheater
03.04.10, 18:00
I've always thought a mainstream tracker like TL and a music one like What and Waffles are everything you need if you're a content lover, unless you have special needs (old games -> BCG, for example).

+1 for this anon , entirely agree with you.

But I'm confused now... is this ratio system change real or an April Fools/birthday joke? Can any FTN member confirm it? :unsure:

I wish its a joke , as I had a real respect for FTN before this news.

Blocker
03.04.10, 18:07
Too bad,the FTN popularity is based on its ratioless characteristic :redface:

dreamer
03.04.10, 18:23
well.. no. maybe now more than before but we established that it wasn't the ratioless that gained its popularity but that fact that it was out of reach..

jacksbi
03.04.10, 18:26

its an april fool joke

shawshankraj
03.04.10, 19:15
But I'm confused now... is this ratio system change real or an April Fools/birthday joke? Can any FTN member confirm it?

It's an April Fool joke..I come to know when one of member in T-I posted lately that they r celebrating their 4 years anniversary