PDA

View Full Version : `The Hurt Locker' wins six awards, including best picture, at predictable Oscars

kazuya
08.03.10, 10:41
On a night when so many changes were intended to shake up the Oscar ceremony, the winners themselves were pretty predictable, with "The Hurt Locker" taking six awards including best picture."Hurt Locker" director Kathryn Bigelow won the top directing honor for her intimate Iraq war drama, making her the first woman to take the prize — though as she's often said, she likes to think of herself as a filmmaker, period.

"I hope I'm the first of many," she said afterward backstage. "I long for the day when that modifier can be a moot point."

But as fellow director Barbra Streisand put it in announcing Bigelow's victory, "Well, the time has come."

Front-Runners Rule at Predictable Oscars - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Oscars/wireStory?id=10038079)

total bullshit,a Iraq war movie wins most Oscar's this year,why doesn't that surprise me... Avatar should have wipe out the competition for sure:mad:

kelly
08.03.10, 11:40
Front-Runners Rule at Predictable Oscars - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Oscars/wireStory?id=10038079)

total bullshit,a Iraq war movie wins most Oscar's this year,why doesn't that surprise me... Avatar should have wipe out the competition for sure:mad:

Agreed .

It's been the case most of the time. The movie which is loved by the masses never gets selected :( . I fail to understand the logic behind it.

grebetu
08.03.10, 12:11
Logic is simple oscars = politics.

saebrtooth
08.03.10, 13:19
red necks supporting whats close to home. Simply a grab for sympathy.

Avatar should have won hands down!

SBfreak
08.03.10, 13:35
Logic is simple oscars = politics.
+1.
In fact look around.Everything around these days =politics.

Uninvited2611
17.03.10, 02:49
you guyz are so amazed by the 3d effect of Avatar, just have a look at other aspect.

Blocker
17.03.10, 05:42
IMO Avatar was the best movie

Too original even though some people said it's like Pocahontas in the future :tongue:

kazuya
17.03.10, 14:17
you guyz are so amazed by the 3d effect of Avatar, just have a look at other aspect.

i am amazed about movie,story and that world,not 3d effect and you can clearly see that stupid other side (marines and search for power) in movie and in real world.

in this war movies in Iraq,Afghanistan.. they present marines like some cool guys on a cool mission for the safe of a human kind so now every stupid kid thinks when he goes to marines he will be so cool and fight some so called terrorist that threaten people :pukey: