PDA

View Full Version : Just A Idea

ciccio
03.03.10, 21:25
Hy guys :smile:

Just this evening i had a idea about ratio cheating......

It's possible make fake speed (for example 600 Kb/s) but report to the tracker another speed (for example 150 Kb/s)?

It'd be the real solution at all problems.

anon
03.03.10, 21:25
Eerr... that isn't logical at all. Other than the tracker, who else do you want to cheat? :huh:

shoulder
03.03.10, 21:27
Yes, this would be faking the fake upspeed. :P

ciccio
04.03.10, 00:43
Yes, this would be faking the fake upspeed. :P

Exactly!

It's not possible include this option in the next release of Azureus, uTorrent etc.....? It'll be very great!

saebrtooth
04.03.10, 00:52
This report % reduction to tracker already exists in the VEM
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16086
Just choose one according to your member status

kazuya
04.03.10, 10:58
isn't that just download reduction,this guy want's to fake the faked upload speed

SBfreak
04.03.10, 12:41
You mean sending a fake upload speed while fake uploading with another?? I don't think it's possible.

saebrtooth
04.03.10, 12:48
It's possible make fake speed (for example 600 Kb/s) but report to the tracker another speed (for example 150 Kb/s)?

Eerr... that isn't logical at all. Other than the tracker, who else do you want to cheat? :huh:

isn't that just download reduction,this guy want's to fake the faked upload speed

wait a minute...
Ciccio dude you really should clarify your questions and make sure that they are detailed dude

continued...
this is stupid, talking about this we're gona go in circles cos ciccio did not fully explain his meaning

He is in effect has named 2 fake upload speeds

1st fake 600kbs
2nd fake 150kbs

then what is the real speed?

ciccio get ur act together first dude then we help u

ciccio
04.03.10, 13:49
ok saebrtooth :)

I repeat:

For example: I have been banned from BitMeTV cause i used a fake speed of 700 Kb/s and therefore this value is reported to the BitMeTV's tracker and the staff can ban you.

So if there was a program that if the fake speed (into the programs like Azureus, uTorrent......) is for example 700 Kb/s (and therefore upload at 700 Kb/s) but to the BitMeTV's tracker is reported for example 70 Kb/s [2x Fake Upload Speed]; the staff of BitMeTV read 70 Kb/s and so they don't ban you.

There's a abyss between 700 and 70 Kb/s :biggrin:

shoulder
04.03.10, 14:10
The speed reported to the tracker is the one which is used to calculate your stats.

If 70KB/s is sent it doesn't matter what speed you use, 70KB/s will be used to calculate your upload, nothing else.

saebrtooth
04.03.10, 14:14
Ok this is much clearer now ;)

In ur example, there would be no need to have a fake upload speed of 700k in ur client because the most important figure is the speed that the tracker, bitmetv gets and that would be 70kbs. Your saying ur real upload speed is 70/2=35kbs right?

There can only be two speeds for each of the ul and dl figures. One is the real speed and the other is the fake speed. In ur example there are 2 fake speeds and 1 real speed. One of the fake speeds is redundant and cannot be factored into.

If u were faking 700kbs and were banned exactly for this reason of high speed then just fake at a lower speed. In ur example you still want to report the 700kbs but who are you going to announce this to? You aslo have a fake ul speed 70 Kb/s [2x Fake Upload Speed] who are you going to announce the 2nd fake ul speed to?

You are announcing a real ul of 35kbs you might as well fake at the average peerlist speed and then report dl at ur real speed (no using dl reduction). Just seed longer to get the ratio or fake up u want.

kazuya
04.03.10, 14:46
I have been banned from BitMeTV cause i used a fake speed of 700 Kb/s

now this speed would be pretty much stupid even for some low trackers...

anon
04.03.10, 16:59
The speed reported to the tracker is the one which is used to calculate your stats.

If 70KB/s is sent it doesn't matter what speed you use, 70KB/s will be used to calculate your upload, nothing else.

This.

The feature doesn't make sense and even if it did we could include it in uTorrent, as it's outside the reach of what can be done with hex-mods.

ciccio
05.03.10, 16:19
SO, MAYBE IS BETTER LIKE THAT: [EXAMPLE]

Real Upload = 0 Kb/s

1st Fake Upload = 700 Kb/s (you make upload at the speed of 700 Kb/s) [NOT REPORTED TO THE TRACKER]

2nd Fake Upload = 70 Kb/s [REPORTED TO THE TRACKER]

Clear now? It's easy.

Aftermath = ? You're uploadin' at the speed of 700 Kb/s, but the staff see a speed of 70 Kb/s and therefore they don't ban you.

kazuya
05.03.10, 16:25
1st Fake Upload = 700 Kb/s (you make upload at the speed of 700 Kb/s) [NOT REPORTED TO THE TRACKER]

what use then of it when the tracker doesn't report it,you will not get your upload amount,instead you will get 70 Kb/s since this tracker reports,if i am right...

grebetu
05.03.10, 16:52
Yes, this doesn't make sense.

You upload to peers. You can't fake upload to them, they know what they've got and don't need report from you. I can't tell you I uploaded 200GB to you when you can see that obviously I didn't.

You only fake traffic report to the tracker. Tracker doesn't know for sure what peers did or did not get from you.

So your proposal would be faking to yourself, and that's pointless, you don't want to cheat yourself?

anon
05.03.10, 17:04
Real Upload = 0 Kb/s

2nd Fake Upload = 70 Kb/s [REPORTED TO THE TRACKER]

Clear now? It's easy.

You didn't read shoulder's post, did you? It isn't possible, period.

Oh, and there's no need to use all caps.

shoulder
05.03.10, 20:10
Ok, one more time.

Everything that isn't reported to the tracker doesn't matter.
A announce looks like ...&uploaded=x, whereas x is the amount of upload.

This is the only thing that matters, no one cares what you're Azureus is showing as Fake Up!

dreamer
06.03.10, 16:13
I think he means he wants his stats to grow with a rate of 700 KB\s (the Uploaded X GB, Downloaded X GB and ratio x.xx),
while in the peerlist and/or personal snatchlist it will show 70 KB\s
and that's indeed a wet dream :tongue:

anon and shoulder understood that, I believe, and if the announce only sends the amount of MBs uploaded then there is no way to send 2 different speeds to the tracker, but one piece of data that the tracker calculates your speed by (dividing in time.. or am I wrong?)

ooblar
06.03.10, 16:49
If only that was possible. What you're reporting to the tracker (70 KB/s) is what's gonna show up on your stats. Not the 700 KB/s, because that's not being reported to the tracker. Only the 70 KB/s is. Capiche?

anon
06.03.10, 16:59
anon and shoulder understood that, I believe, and if the announce only sends the amount of MBs uploaded then there is no way to send 2 different speeds to the tracker, but one piece of data that the tracker calculates your speed by (dividing in time.. or am I wrong?)

Your client only reports the amount of bytes uploaded and downloaded since you started the torrent. The tracker divides the difference from the last announce by the amount of time that has passed since then.

ciccio
07.03.10, 12:58
I think he means he wants his stats to grow with a rate of 700 KB\s (the Uploaded X GB, Downloaded X GB and ratio x.xx),
while in the peerlist and/or personal snatchlist it will show 70 KB\s

Exactly! :smile:

But there's the problem of the divison among Time and MB.

This divison is done automatically byt the tracker or by the Staff?

anon
07.03.10, 16:42
This divison is done automatically byt the tracker or by the Staff?

It's done by the tracker - what if the staff had to do it for every peer in the swarms? :tongue:

dreamer
07.03.10, 17:46
ahhh it's so sad to see your idea thrown to the garbage can LOL
don't be upset though ciccio, you'll probably find some more great ideas soon :biggrin: