PDA

View Full Version : [Usenet] Binverse FREE 14 Day Trial - AVOID IT!

K2150
01.03.10, 12:03
Binverse are offering a free 14 day trial on Usenet, I gave it a shot seeing as it was recommended on the Slyck web site ... wish I hadn't.

Basically you have to enter credit card details to get the free trial offer, with the understanding that you can cancel at anytime within the 14 days. Problem is with these guys they attempt to take money off your card even after canceling, there are plenty of horror stories about these guys ... best to avoid them!

complaintsboard.com--Binverse Complaints - SCAM!!!!!! (http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/scam-c246038.html)

SBfreak
01.03.10, 13:48
You guys need to be careful.Don't offer your credit card details to every site like it's a disposable mail.

anon
01.03.10, 17:21
Giving your credit card info to get a "free" trial, go figure. Reminded me of the dirty tactics AOL used in my country back in the day. Eventually they had to leave after all the complaints.

dreamer
04.03.10, 20:34
I never had plans on giving my credit card to those companies who offer you free x days trial and say you can cancel anytime. now what you posted just reinforces that!
stay away from all those ad companies.. nothing's for free, sadly :rolleyes2:

SealLion
04.03.10, 21:37
An easy way to avoid this problem if some company states that they will still be using your credit card to withdraw amounts owing even after you have supposedly cancelled services is to cancel your credit card and request a new one.
Easy to solve.

jamilv
21.10.10, 20:27
I had the same problems, I had to call my credit card company, thankfully I have a great record so they reversed the charge for me and blocked them from charging my card.
But I noticed pretty much every usenet company offering free trials does the same, they make it hard to cancel and then they "forget" to not charge you

uzair
23.10.10, 21:08
yes they do.. thats how they get you.. but its better not to give ur card details if your just willing to use it for just free service n go can cel it after wrards..
but usenext n giganews are trusted providers

macuarro
23.10.10, 21:30
what about gigaflat.com? anonymous (you just have to enter an email adress) and free, it says ^^
haven't tested it until now, because i don't need it (i find everything i want on ochs)

anon
23.10.10, 22:09
what about gigaflat.com? anonymous (you just have to enter an email adress) and free, it says ^^

Just checked this out, since I'm always eager to test such stuff. Unfortunately, free users are limited to 64kB/s and two connections, not to mention you are forced to use their own client, which won't take external NZBs. I've seen a couple of free servers that are more relaxed.

peepin
27.10.10, 08:07
How about giving them the fake credit card number to get a free Trail ?

SealLion
28.10.10, 01:06
How about giving them the fake credit card number to get a free Trail ?

you wouldn't be able to do that.

If the company is serious, they would consider that as credit card fraud and if they track your IP, you'd be up s***t creek.

They can still track you with the email that you probably would give them, even if you used a 'spam-email' address b/c the spam email address tracks your IP.

And if your thinking proxy, there are proxy detection techniques of which I am sure your aware of. So if you provide such an idea, just be careful what kind of advice you provide b/c you wouldn't be held accountable for someone's else's actions.

The other person going along with your idea is the one that is held accountable for something like this.
That's all.:smile:

sbtorrent
09.01.11, 12:02
If your credit card company supports it, just give them a disposable credit number with a limit and expiration date you set, say $1 expiring next month. If you like the service you can replace the card or add money to it and extend the expiration. Otherwise, let it lapse.

theintervurt
09.01.11, 16:39
Just use a prepaid cards for all business you have on the internet, each time you use it make sure theres enough money for the job and no more that way even if they try to withdraw more they can't get anything.