PDA

View Full Version : How to reregister on trackers/hold multiple accounts

Pages : 1 [2]

Codec
05.07.16, 16:31
Animebytes

DUPE
24.07.16, 20:16
If you follow all the tips in the first post, you'll be fine. I tried to make it as comprehensive as possible, based on my personal experience (none of my dupe accounts has been caught).

Yes, but if you do everything else, you'll look as a completely different person using the same provider.

Something I have done for "high value" dupe accounts is keeping a separate uTorrent install and portable browser just for them. Combined with using a different IP, this helps keep your activity there separate and nullify a potential global ban should you get caught and have your details shared.

Hey Anon :baeh:! So according to you response here. If I do everything you recommend in your first post. As well as use a different irc client/portable browser. I could take a what.cd interview and just look like some random person in the same local area with the same provider as previous accounts I've had there?

Sorry about Waffles. :stupid:

anon
24.07.16, 21:10
If I do everything you recommend in your first post. As well as use a different irc client/portable browser. I could take a what.cd interview and just look like some random person in the same local area with the same provider as previous accounts I've had there?

Yes.

DUPE
24.07.16, 21:40
Thanks, will give it a go.

A few other questions:

Do you know if staffer's on gazelle can tell what forum topics you frequent even if you don't post?

I have a dynamic IP, if it changes back to an IP previously associated with a disabled account, would that be evidence proving I'm the returning abuser?

Also you can locate someones town by their IP. I can't imagine there's many people using any specif tracker in my town and that i would stand out.

Lastly, would you recommend getting invited via the interview or recruitment thread?

Kh@lDr@go
25.07.16, 22:34
Thanks, will give it a go.

A few other questions:

Do you know if staffer's on gazelle can tell what forum topics you frequent even if you don't post?

I have a dynamic IP, if it changes back to an IP previously associated with a disabled account, would that be evidence proving I'm the returning abuser?

Also you can locate someones town by their IP. I can't imagine there's many people using any specif tracker in my town and that i would stand out.

Lastly, would you recommend getting invited via the interview or recruitment thread?

I always had these concerns. I remember once in scenelife AKA SCL if anyone recalls that, a mod kicked me out after a dispute over the legitimacy of my invite and part of the discussion was telling me exactly what topics i used to frequently visit though i didn't post. I don't know if that works on gazelle or not but the concept itself is possible.

anon
25.07.16, 23:59

Doubtful, but possible.

These are circumstantial evidence at the very least, but also beyond your control anyway.

It should make no difference. Personally, I would pick the recruitment thread simply because it's not real-time and thus I wouldn't have to be constantly checking an IRC client.

DUPE
26.07.16, 04:19
I followed you guide, changed ip's, and used a new irc client. I was immediately asked on joining the invite channel if I had a previous account there.

I've had maybe 30+ accounts since they've opened so its likely I was assigned an IP I've previously used.

anon
26.07.16, 19:16
I followed you guide, changed ip's, and used a new irc client. I was immediately asked on joining the invite channel if I had a previous account there.

There are no things such as presumption of innocence and due process in the torrent world :gnoes: My guess is that if your town's IP pool is so small, you're going to have to switch providers or move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81r6KTG3pg

Also, thirty accounts? I feel sorry for your inviters.

DUPE
27.07.16, 22:49
There are no things such as presumption of innocence and due process in the torrent world :gnoes: My guess is that if your town's IP pool is so small, you're going to have to switch providers or move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81r6KTG3pg

Also, thirty accounts? I feel sorry for your inviters.

Hey, you were one one them... And honestly I have no clue, it very well could be higher than that.

https://youtu.be/DhAFbwoaH7o

KnowledgeMelon
28.07.16, 21:56

I have these same questions but except that my dynamic ip is on a cellular device.
For example I use an ipad on att which is dynamic and i can just tether that connection to my computer.

I've been banned on PTP and was hoping to get back.
But if ATT gives me the Ip address of my previously banned ip or someone elses ip that was banned, wont it seem like i was the previously banned user?

Also do private trackers like BTN, What.cd, PTP, HDbits, ban ip ranges?
Since if you have dynamic ip you going onto the site with various Ip addresses.
And if they do ban ranges, what the range? For example if your ip was 1.2.3.4. do they ban the 4th range? or and 3rd and 4th?

But my other questions is that for the mac address change you usually change the router because thats the one they can see if your using a computer connect to a router, right?

My questions is will they be able to see my mac address of my Ipad if i use a cellular data?
Also if the computer was connected to the modem directly you change the mac address of the computer right?

Codec
30.07.16, 05:54
I have dynamic ip. Can my ip change to an older value that was banned by a tracker? or does it keep changing to a new value every time i switch of my router for 5 mins and then restart it? I have been disabled on a few gazelle trackers and i think they have info on me in their database so i'm worried about joining some high level trackers. I was disabled on GGn, Blackcats, 32pages, animebytes.

anon
30.07.16, 06:30
I've been banned on PTP and was hoping to get back.
But if ATT gives me the Ip address of my previously banned ip or someone elses ip that was banned, ...

I have dynamic ip. Can my ip change to an older value that was banned by a tracker?

This is very unlikely to happen within a relevant timeframe once your old address has changed.

or does it keep changing to a new value every time i switch of my router for 5 mins and then restart it?

Every provider is different in this regard. so you'll have to check what yours is like.

Also do private trackers like BTN, What.cd, PTP, HDbits, ban ip ranges?
Since if you have dynamic ip you going onto the site with various Ip addresses.
And if they do ban ranges, what the range? For example if your ip was 1.2.3.4. do they ban the 4th range? or and 3rd and 4th?

We cannot know this, naturally. I would guess they monitor new signups from "known" ranges, at the very least.

But my other questions is that for the mac address change ...

Don't bother with MAC changing, that's a myth. I've basically always had the same MAC, until I removed that network card in favor of the onboard controller last year. And my router's (which was also supposed to be "how they get you") has never changed since it was installed 8 years ago. A Java applet is the only way they could get this information, and nowadays you'd get bombarded by at a dozen security warnings before it'd even load.

How can a webpage get the MAC address? (http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/61321/how-can-a-webpage-get-the-mac-address)

KnowledgeMelon
30.07.16, 17:10
This is very unlikely to happen within a relevant timeframe once your old address has changed

Could you explain in more, sorry i dont quite understand.

Say they ban your ip of 1.2.3.4 and now you have a new ip of 1.2.3.5 but the range of your dynamic ip is 1.2.3.
and then you one day get the ip of 1.2.3.4, then do you get banned? or do you just get flagged?

Its true that when you sign up you dont have the ip of 1.2.3.4 but if you log on with that ip again what would happen?
Or the likelyhood of it happening is really low?

Also about the mac thing, what the the mac address they would supposedly see if i used an ipad connect to cellular data? The cellular towers mac? or my ipads?

anon
31.07.16, 05:21
Say they ban your ip of 1.2.3.4 and now you have a new ip of 1.2.3.5 but the range of your dynamic ip is 1.2.3.
and then you one day get the ip of 1.2.3.4, then do you get banned? or do you just get flagged?

It depends on how much time passes before that "one day". If you get 1.2.3.4 again the following week (which is unlikely, even with such a small block), it'd definitely be suspicious. If you get it three months later, then no. Most mobile broadband is NATed, so there can be hundreds of people behind a single address; they should know an IP doesn't equal a person, or at least I hope they do.

Its true that when you sign up you dont have the ip of 1.2.3.4 but if you log on with that ip again what would happen?
Or the likelyhood of it happening is really low?

See above.

Also about the mac thing, what the the mac address they would supposedly see if i used an ipad connect to cellular data? The cellular towers mac? or my ipads?

Neither. They can't see MAC addresses.

KnowledgeMelon
31.07.16, 20:02
The reason i asked this question was because i thought that they would ban all of the IP address that i've logged on with.

But from your explaination that doesnt sound like what they do.

Do they just ban your account and log the IP addresses?

I was under the assumption that they ban all the IP i went on, therefore when i get the 1.2.3.4 again in 3 months later, i would be instantly banned.

Doesnt seem like the case right? anyways thats better for me

Codec
31.07.16, 20:31
They might have logged all your different ip's in their database. I was disabled on animebytes and after some week's i got another invite, i changed my ip address and registered using different nickname, email id, password. I never cheated on AB. After a month when i tried to login i got a message saying you're disabled, visit irc for account support. When i joined the support channel the staff member said i duped. Somehow they knew that i already had account before, i have no idea how they know all this.

anon
31.07.16, 20:50
Do they just ban your account and log the IP addresses?

They might have logged all your different ip's in their database.

Very old but very useful thread:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=14576

anon
03.08.16, 20:47
Hey, you were one one them... And honestly I have no clue, it very well could be higher than that.

So, I want to give a trophy to the Best Duper Ever, and I'm torn between you and this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f56/tracker-connected-each-other-19568/index15.html#post322743) poster. Please help me decide.

DUPE
09.08.16, 19:53

Thanks for this, it was very insightful. But how obsolete do you think most of this info is 7 years later? Hahaha

What.CD has had how many Lead Developers since WhatMan left?

---------- Post Merged at 18:53 ---------- Previous Post was at 18:43 ----------

So, I want to give a trophy to the Best Duper Ever, and I'm torn between you and this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=19568&page=15#post322743) poster. Please help me decide.

Dude, Steelio is me! Hahahahaha, is that account disabled here too? I remember making one after DOPE was disabled for whatever reason. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic referring to that post knowing it was me.

I guess 30+ was an understatement. I've for sure forgotten how many I've had. But if i said 90, I probably had a reason. The Staffer SeaTheWaves used to give me an estimate of where my number of dupes was after each disabled account.

Steelio
09.08.16, 19:59
Dude, Steelio is me!

Confirmed.

anon
09.08.16, 20:20
Dude, Steelio is me! Hahahahaha, is that account disabled here too? I remember making one after DOPE was disabled for whatever reason. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic referring to that post knowing it was me.

I actually had no idea :happy: But much like What.cd, we only allow one account per person, so Steelio has to go.

As for the tracker analysis, even if you know nothing about PHP, you can install Gazelle on a local server and see everything an admin can do. What.cd does have bits they aren't sharing in the public source code, but they never made that a secret.

DUPE
09.08.16, 20:43
I actually had no idea :happy: But much like What.cd, we only allow one account per person, so Steelio has to go.

As for the tracker analysis, even if you know nothing about PHP, you can install Gazelle on a local server and see everything an admin can do. What.cd does have bits they aren't sharing in the public source code, but they never made that a secret.

I know this is what the other guy was just talking about. But I'm wondering if Gazelle logs every ip from every location you used that account with. Meaning, would it be pointless to sign up a new account at a location I've previously used one of the old accounts at. Even if only a few times over the last few years? I've given up on my home location being completely watched. But, a friends or or something like that?

Codec
09.08.16, 21:20
I would advise you to stick with waffles or rutracker. Why do you keep making new account again and again? I'm pretty sure you will find what you are looking for on rutracker/waffles.

anon
09.08.16, 21:36
But I'm wondering if Gazelle logs every ip from every location you used that account with.

Absolutely, all non-staff IPs are logged back to the day the accounts were created. But timeframe plays a role here. If the last of those "few times over the last few years" was, say, three weeks ago, you may get banned. If today you get the same address as someone who got caught cheating on 2013, they aren't going to ban you.

I would advise you to stick with waffles or rutracker. Why do you keep making new account again and again? I'm pretty sure you will find what you are looking for on rutracker/waffles.

I agree and would ask the same, but this seems to be a personal obsession :idunno:

DUPE
09.08.16, 21:51
personal obsession :idunno:

Yup it sure is! I'm also not a fan of TBDev..

Why use a less organized tracker with far less content?

---------- Post Merged at 20:44 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:41 ----------

Absolutely, all non-staff IPs are logged back to the day the accounts were created. But timeframe plays a role here. If the last of those "few times over the last few years" was, say, three weeks ago, you may get banned. If today you get the same address as someone who got caught cheating on 2013, they aren't going to ban you.

*This* It's been at least 1-2 years since I've used an account at the specific location I'm considering using. I also did not sign up there. I logged in a few times to download something every now and then.

---------- Post Merged at 20:51 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:41 ----------

Lastly, What is you rule of thumb for uploading content to a tracker. I'm asking because being a contributing member on somewhere like What.CD opens up new user classes and recruitment threads to other trackers.

I'm specifically curious about FLAC rips from EAC that log the drive you use. I have a drive that is popular on EAC. But if I was already being watched, I'm assuming that could add to suspicion?

I guess I could change the drive in the log to another drive who's read offset exists for that particular EAC version?

And does anyone know who monitors whatimg.com?

Codec
10.08.16, 15:48
Do all trackers check whether the total upload by all the seeders match the total amount downloaded by all the leechers after each announce? Isn't it easy to catch a cheater by checking this?

anon
10.08.16, 21:20
Why use a less organized tracker with far less content?

Are you using What.cd at all, if you keep getting banned? :eyebrows:

*This* It's been at least 1-2 years since I've used an account at the specific location I'm considering using. I also did not sign up there. I logged in a few times to download something every now and then.

Seems okay then.

Lastly, What is you rule of thumb for uploading content to a tracker. I'm asking because being a contributing member on somewhere like What.CD opens up new user classes and recruitment threads to other trackers.

I'm specifically curious about FLAC rips from EAC that log the drive you use. I have a drive that is popular on EAC. But if I was already being watched, I'm assuming that could add to suspicion?

I guess I could change the drive in the log to another drive who's read offset exists for that particular EAC version?

In theory, anything you and a previously banned account have in common could add to suspicion. However, I wouldn't recommend editing logs manually. If you're serious about not losing account #91, buy a new drive. DVD rewriters can be found for as little as $5.

whatimg.com

I wouldn't use that or lookpic.com, which has ties to IPT and TorrentDay.

Do all trackers check whether the total upload by all the seeders match the total amount downloaded by all the leechers after each announce? Isn't it easy to catch a cheater by checking this?

In principle, it is. But it takes a lot of work to write such a anti-cheating script and not have it report false positives all the time. There are many factors and client quirks that must be considered, in addition to legitimate reasons for traffic in either direction to be reported as less or more than the actual amount, if reported at all (e.g. power failure).

DUPE
10.08.16, 22:46
Are you using What.cd at all, if you keep getting banned? :eyebrows:

Yes, most of my dupe accounts are all over 5 years old. Back then I didn't care about getting caught repeatedly. I kind of got off on the back and forth "dick measuring" with certain staffers there. Recently, I had an account which I had been using for maybe 4-4.5 years without incident. I got cocky and used a staffers irc quote from a previous altercation as my user title: "Seethewaves: This is the last account we'll let you have without taking some further steps." I pulled off using that for a few months before he came lurking...

Since then I've come to the realization I don't really care about internet "dick measuring" anymore. I came here and read up on some of your recommendations on creating multiple accounts. Tried starting fresh a few times from my home connection over the last year, all being disabled within a few months. I've given up on that location for the time being.

TL : DR I haven't gone 2-3 weeks without an account since What.CD opened.

Also, care to elaborate on whatimg.com?

Is there a current IRC server that you guys hang out in?

anon
11.08.16, 04:22
Recently, I had an account which I had been using for maybe 4-4.5 years without incident. I got cocky and used a staffers irc quote from a previous altercation as my user title: "Seethewaves: This is the last account we'll let you have without taking some further steps."

That's a pretty stupid thing to do.

Also, care to elaborate on whatimg.com?

Well, it's either operated by the same people who run What, or has ties to them, which means activity is likely highly monitored. With no shortage of image hosting services on the Internet (which may also be monitored, but won't share your IP with trackers), I don't see why you'd want to use it.

Is there a current IRC server that you guys hang out in?

I'm afraid there isn't one anymore. The network our channel was hosted on shut down, and the channel itself was already pretty dead anyway. IRC just didn't work out, but this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f53/funny-irc-quotes-24172/?pp=50) survives.

Speaking of which, jowa from What.cd used to frequent it :smilie4:

DUPE
11.08.16, 04:30
That's a pretty stupid thing to do.

That's a little harsh anon. It's obvious I was bating them into disabling me again. I got what I wanted. To say "Silly you, this isn't the last account you'll let me have. And please take further measures." My goal wasn't focused on anonymity at the time, anon. it only recently is.

jowa was fun.

anon
11.08.16, 04:51
From now on:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16804

"This is my first and only account."

DUPE
11.08.16, 05:58
From now on:

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/anon-albums-ice-life-picture16804-dupe.jpg)

"This is my first and only account."

Hopefully with your advice and support, my next account remains my 'first' and only account.

Codec
11.08.16, 13:08
There are many guys like you who repeatedly get banned for cheating/duping and this leads to country bans on some trackers. :( The next time you get an invite, don't cheat. Try to improve your ratio by uploading. :) Good luck

DUPE
11.08.16, 15:17
There are many guys like you who repeatedly get banned for cheating/duping and this leads to country bans on some trackers. :( The next time you get an invite, don't cheat. Try to improve your ratio by uploading. :) Good luck

I doubt I'll get America banned. I haven't cheated on What.cd in over 5 years. I only dupe.

anon
11.08.16, 17:11
Anyone mentioning EAC in a conversation is a good guy in my book :smilie4:

KnowledgeMelon
11.08.16, 17:34
But the question is how did they catch you so many times?

They dont normally ban ips right? Like if the ip was banned you wont be able to view the login site right?

But the ip/account might get flagged right? if you got disabled and try making a new account with the same ip or similar ip range a new months later.

Yeah im in america and its unlikely american will get country ban. I've only made like 4 accounts, only make a new one when it gets disabled.

Codec
11.08.16, 17:39
My country is banned from irc interview. I hope that i can get in one day through recruitment. :) How do they manage to catch so many dupers with such a large userbase? They have almost 4 times the numbers of users on PTP, BTN. Do they have a lot of moderators?

DUPE
12.08.16, 02:05
But the question is how did they catch you so many times?

They dont normally ban ips right? Like if the ip was banned you wont be able to view the login site right?

But the ip/account might get flagged right? if you got disabled and try making a new account with the same ip or similar ip range a new months later.

Yeah im in america and its unlikely american will get country ban. I've only made like 4 accounts, only make a new one when it gets disabled.

I'm quite certain I was caught so many times because I was looking to get caught.

They don't ban your IP from being able to view the site. They just disable the account and take note of everything associated with the account. Of which we've discussed over the past few pages in this thread.

IPs associated with the disabled account may cause suspicion if used with a new account. I suggested you read over some of anon's answers from the previous posts. Along with his OP.

---------- Post Merged at 17:25 ---------- Previous Post was at 17:21 ----------

Also read:

---------- Post Merged at 17:33 ---------- Previous Post was at 17:21 ----------

My country is banned from irc interview. I hope that i can get in one day through recruitment. :) How do they manage to catch so many dupers with such a large userbase? They have almost 4 times the numbers of users on PTP, BTN. Do they have a lot of moderators?

Same, read what I told Leechersftw to read.

---------- Post Merged at 17:42 ---------- Previous Post was at 17:21 ----------

Anon, do staff have a way of knowing what OS you're running?

---------- Post Merged on 12.08.16 at 01:05 ---------- Previous Post was on 11.08.16 at 17:21 ----------

Also, Codec if you plan on cheating at What.CD or even if you don't. Just the fact that you're a member at #SB-I. I wouldn't recommend using a recruitment thread from another tracker you'd like to keep. get some throwaway trackers that you know recruit to what.cd, and use them to get your invites. Always different usernames/emails/browsers etc as stated in the OP.

KnowledgeMelon
12.08.16, 03:48
Lol dude already read the stuff, and all the pages in the thread.
Im just still a bit confused after reading. Lol sometimes i find the answer and forget it , bad memory , sorry man.

How much the the ip address change? Cause your in the town pool of a specific isp.
It just changes the last digit right?

Cause even if i change my ip it would still be similar to my previous one, and then it would look suspicious.

I believe they can see your OS, screen size, plugins. And if your cookies java flash are enabled.
Not 100% sure but just my understanding. Better safe than sorry.

anon
12.08.16, 04:51

See what I said before regarding IPs. Some are hard-banned, like public proxies and Tor, and you'll get the login form with a special message if you attempt to use them. However, they aren't going to use that sort of ban to prevent dupe accounts, because it would let you quickly and easily let you know when your new address is good enough to avoid detection.

Anon, do staff have a way of knowing what OS you're running?

I believe they can see your OS, screen size, plugins. And if your cookies java flash are enabled.
Not 100% sure but just my understanding. Better safe than sorry.

IP check (http://ip-check.info/?lang=en)

Everything this test can see is potentially readable to any site, including What.cd.

KnowledgeMelon
13.08.16, 22:48
Sorry for being noob , but i have another question.

How much of a difference in Ip does it take to be seen as a different person in the same town?

Like if one guy has 87.34.32.103

what would his neighbor's ip be and what would the ip be for someone who is like 5 street down? Assuming they are all using the same ISP

Like when you use the router on the ip 87.34.32.103 it gives more than 1 ip to different devices right how does that work in terms of private tracker bans?

anon
14.08.16, 19:42
How much of a difference in Ip does it take to be seen as a different person in the same town?

Like if one guy has 87.34.32.103

what would his neighbor's ip be and what would the ip be for someone who is like 5 street down? Assuming they are all using the same ISP

That's entirely up to how the ISP manages their address pools. They could all be in the same block, or in different ones. They could be given a new block every time they restart their router, or not. Sometimes it depends on which plans they have.

A short answer would be that they must be different enough :wwink: And a good tip would be to check (http://ipcheck1.jdownloader.org/) and log your address every day, so that you know which ones to avoid if you get banned again.

Like when you use the router on the ip 87.34.32.103 it gives more than 1 ip to different devices right how does that work in terms of private tracker bans?

Don't confuse the local addresses your router gives you with the external address (just the one, in the vast majority of cases) given by your provider. Even if you had a hundred different devices connected to the same router, the outside Internet only sees a single IP, which is the external one. The following diagram illustrates this.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16827

Note, however, that it is possible to obtain someone's internal address by using Java, WebRTC, or DNS rebinding attacks. The first two you should disable in your browser, while the third is highly situational and requires a targeted attack, so it's not really relevant to this scenario.

Codec
14.08.16, 21:57
Hey anon do you have any script which gets my IP address every time it changes and stores it in a text file? I don't want to do this manually, i'd like to automate this. We have power outages over here regularly so i won't be able to write it down all the time.

KnowledgeMelon
14.08.16, 23:19
Thanks Anon for clarifying but i'm still confused about a few things.

First is the blocks in the ip, what do you mean by the same block and different blocks?
Same block 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.5 right?
Different block 1.2.3.4 to 1.2.5.6 ? or 1.2.3.4 to 1.3.1.1?
The second question is how much is different enough?
Well i probably will know the answer after you answer the top one.

As i previous asked before since you said that cellular broadband is NATed so that means numerous people can have the same ip address,

But getting banned what.cd they log all of those IPs so its possible that you get a ip that has been banned there before. But that is nothing to worry about, correct?

Cause i previously used my home ip for the interview and i used my mobile broadband to view the site.
Im wondering if i can just take the interview somewhere else and then use my iphones hotspot to download and use the site.

Cause the iphones ip is dynamic it changes everytime, except for the first two blocks.

anon
15.08.16, 05:11
First is the blocks in the ip, what do you mean by the same block and different blocks?
Same block 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.5 right?
Different block 1.2.3.4 to 1.2.5.6 ? or 1.2.3.4 to 1.3.1.1?
The second question is how much is different enough?
Well i probably will know the answer after you answer the top one.

By "block" I mean the parts of the IP that remain the same. When only the last number of your address changes (as per your first example), that's called a /24 block. When the last two change and the first two don't, that's a /16 block (your second example).

How much is different enough? Well, since you have lost a few accounts, I'd say a /16 is good. If you get banned ninety times, they may notice the pattern and take additional action :wwhistle: But that's not the case here. I'm fortunate enough to get different /16 blocks every few days myself (like your third example), but that sort of thing is up to your provider and cannot be influenced.

As i previous asked before since you said that cellular broadband is NATed so that means numerous people can have the same ip address,

But getting banned what.cd they log all of those IPs so its possible that you get a ip that has been banned there before. But that is nothing to worry about, correct?

Cause i previously used my home ip for the interview and i used my mobile broadband to view the site.
Im wondering if i can just take the interview somewhere else and then use my iphones hotspot to download and use the site.

Cause the iphones ip is dynamic it changes everytime, except for the first two blocks.

See what we talked on other posts about duplicate IPs and how much time should pass before they're no longer considered such.

Did you actually check if your mobile Internet is NATed or not? Maybe it isn't, and then you'd have one fewer thing to worry about.

anon
15.08.16, 05:32
Hey anon do you have any script which gets my IP address every time it changes and stores it in a text file? I don't want to do this manually, i'd like to automate this. We have power outages over here regularly so i won't be able to write it down all the time.

I didn't have any, but I wrote one now. This checks your IP every hour (customizable) and tells you whether it's changed or remains the same. Everything is logged to a file called ips.txt (also customizable).

The dependency on Wget could be removed by using PowerShell; there are also some comments I left in case anyone wants to make improvements, but it'll work out of the box.

DUPE
15.08.16, 09:02
See what I said before regarding IPs. Some are hard-banned, like public proxies and Tor, and you'll get the login form with a special message if you attempt to use them. However, they aren't going to use that sort of ban to prevent dupe accounts, because it would let you quickly and easily let you know when your new address is good enough to avoid detection.

IP check (http://ip-check.info/?lang=en)

Everything this test can see is potentially readable to any site, including What.cd.

and: What every Browser knows about you (http://webkay.robinlinus.com/)

anon
15.08.16, 19:57
and: What every Browser knows about you (http://webkay.robinlinus.com/)

Turns out that with JavaScript disabled, they don't know anything. Even after enabling it, all they learn is my User-Agent and IP.

Secure browser settings = win.

KnowledgeMelon
16.08.16, 00:54
share your secure browser settings? or make a tut? please?

anon
16.08.16, 03:43
I posted a copy of my Opera 12.xx profile here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f53/old-chat-spam-thread-17692/index677.html#post311547). There's too much information for me to write a tutorial, but the resources in this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f71/detecting-leaks-checking-browser-fingerprint-32755/) thread cover everything.

KnowledgeMelon
18.08.16, 17:09
How do you check if your connection is NATed?
Can sites like what.cd see if your connection is NATed? probably not right?

Also is it possible to sign up from a pubic place?

Like take the what.cd interview at a starbucks?

or would they be able to tell?

anon
18.08.16, 18:55

If the IP address your adapter or phone receives (not the external one!) starts with 10., 192.168. or is between 172.16.0.0 and 172.31.255.255, you are.

There is a way, but it's pretty complicated to check and not bulletproof, so I don't think they use it.

(For anyone interested: it's comparing the TTL value in TCP packet headers against the number of hops in a traceroute from your server to the person's IP. The presence of a router would always reduce that value by 1 for connections from someone on the other side of it. The downside is that you have to guess what the initial TTL is, but you can guess it based on the visitor's User-Agent string.)

Like a sex shop or porn theater? :smilie4:

It has the same risk as using any other NATed connection, although I'd wager the chances of another user logging in from the same Starbucks during the same day are very low.

KnowledgeMelon
18.08.16, 19:24
The risk of a NAted connection?
is that the ip has been banned before, or that another user is going to log into the same tracker, and that logging in with the same ip as someone with another account will cause you to be banned? Correct?

I thought that since its NATed, the external ip will be the same, so if another user logged in at Starbucks, and you log in at starbucks, both users will get banned if starbucks has a static ip.

I actually dont know if starbucks' ip is dynamic or not, o.O.

But if its has a dynamic ip, that would be a great way to create dupe accounts to what.cd , by taking the what.cd interview.
Right?

I was always scared to try, cause they ask you if you are using a home connection or not, i thought they had a way to find out.

anon
18.08.16, 20:35
The risk of a NAted connection?
is that the ip has been banned before, or that another user is going to log into the same tracker, and that logging in with the same ip as someone with another account will cause you to be banned? Correct?

Correct.

I thought that since its NATed, the external ip will be the same, so if another user logged in at Starbucks, and you log in at starbucks, both users will get banned if starbucks has a static ip.

I actually dont know if starbucks' ip is dynamic or not, o.O.

Static IPs cost extra, and they have no reason to purchase one. And unless the venue is open 24/7, they'll turn their router off when they close, and get a new address the following day.

they ask you if you are using a home connection or not, i thought they had a way to find out.

Go to network-tools.com from Starbucks and run an express check. What you'll see is what they can see. (You can run it on your home connection beforehand and save the results to have a frame of reference.)

Codec
19.08.16, 14:20
anon - Can you explain why it's recommended to use a port value in the range 49152-65535?

anon
19.08.16, 17:40
anon - Can you explain why it's recommended to use a port value in the range 49152-65535?

Because those ports are in the IANA dynamic range and won't clash with any other service. It's good advice whether you want to create dupes or not, all trackers recommend doing this.

Codec
20.08.16, 08:53
anon - Which settings should i modify to improve security on firefox? I have disabled javascript. What other changes should i make?

DUPE
20.08.16, 21:23

Like take the what.cd interview at a starbucks?

or would they be able to tell?

I've taken the interview at friends apartments, libraries, high schools, university's, small businesses, coffee shops, etc etc.. I have not taken it at a Starbucks, but as anon said just check network-tools. If the location you're in is using a identified business ISP. A what staffer will usually call you out.

Just be aware that using a new location for the interview and then immediately logging in from a different location may be suspicious.

anon
21.08.16, 19:43
anon - Which settings should i modify to improve security on firefox? I have disabled javascript. What other changes should i make?

Far too many to list :lol:

Have a look here (https://www.privacytools.io/), it summarizes things pretty well.

KnowledgeMelon
21.08.16, 23:01
I've taken the interview at friends apartments, libraries, high schools, university's, small businesses, coffee shops, etc etc.. I have not taken it at a Starbucks, but as anon said just check network-tools. If the location you're in is using a identified business ISP. A what staffer will usually call you out.

Just be aware that using a new location for the interview and then immediately logging in from a different location may be suspicious.

Yeah its probably will be suspicious that you stop logging in from the ip that is supposedly your home ip.

I mean its suspicious but i doubt they will ban you from doing that.

Its the same as using a vpn or a seedbox, people dont want to directly connect your home ip with trackers.
It probably looks the same as using a mobile phone to log in to the site.

I mean unless you use a starbucks thats like really far from you house i dont think it will matter much.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Codec
22.08.16, 06:53
I got a message saying "your ip is banned" when i tried to sign up on thegeeks.bz. How is this possible? My ip has changed many times since the ban. Maybe they have banned all the ip ranges associated with me.

Edit : I was able to create an account on thegeeks with another browser(i didn't get the message this time). I was disabled after an hour and soon after i was disabled on theoccult. The new account was created with new ip, i followed everything in this guide.

anon
22.08.16, 15:23
Edit : I was able to create an account on thegeeks with another browser(i didn't get the message this time). I was disabled after an hour and soon after i was disabled on theoccult. The new account was created with new ip, i followed everything in this guide.

Chances are they were checking your IP range and/or browser fingerprint.

KnowledgeMelon
23.08.16, 03:07
can they still check your brower fingerprint if its in incognito?

i would suggust just browing it on a mobile device then, or a virtual machine?

I have parallels so its pretty good and easy to run if you have a mac.

Codec
23.08.16, 04:27
theoccult.bz was open for registration yesterday but i heard that they disabled everyone who signed up(including me). They said they opened the signups by mistake.

Chances are they were checking your IP range and/or browser fingerprint.

How do i spoof the user agent string on chrome? In the link you posted above i could only find random agent spoofer for firefox browser. I have been running that IP script which you posted a few days ago for some days now and my ip always falls in 4 different ranges everytime i changes.

KnowledgeMelon
23.08.16, 05:01
Wow you get 4 different ranges like for all 4 , the last 2 numbers are different? or are they even more dynamic?

In chrome, you go to the developer tools
click the 3 vertical dots and then network conditions, and on the botton change user agent from automatic to one in the list.

When i googled it , it told me to do this, but i couldnt find it. And that was the second option.

Select the “Show console” icon. Then select the “Emulation“tab.
If prompted with a message that says “Emulation is currently disabled“. Click the phone icon next to the word “Toggle“.

Or you can just get an addon that changes your useragent, but they might be able to see the addon??

Codec
23.08.16, 05:07
what i was trying to say is that whenever my ip changes it always changes to one of the 4 ranges. The last two values keep changing, sometimes only the last value changes. For example:

25.x.y.z 30.x.y.z 50.x.y.z 100.x.y.z

anon
23.08.16, 16:24
can they still check your brower fingerprint if its in incognito?

Absolutely; in fact, the point of tracking a fingerprint is they don't have to rely on cookies or other traces that are prone to being deleted. And changing your device or browser settings the wrong way enhances the fingerprint, instead of solving the problem.

Panopticlick (https://panopticlick.eff.org/)

For trackers, though, this isn't a terrible concern. Just changing your User-Agent should be enough.

anon
23.08.16, 16:31
theoccult.bz was open for registration yesterday but i heard that they disabled everyone who signed up(including me). They said they opened the signups by mistake.

Mystery solved :wtongue:

How do i spoof the user agent string on chrome? In the link you posted above i could only find random agent spoofer for firefox browser.

As a casual Chrome user, I'd add this to my command line:

--user-agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.0; Windows 95; set the content between quotes to the string you want to use)"

That will change the User-Agent for the all sites, though, while you likely want something that can be configured on an individual basis and is less unwieldy than the developer tools. I haven't tried the User Agent Switcher extension, but it looks good enough.

Codec
23.08.16, 17:24
Absolutely; in fact, the point of tracking a fingerprint is they don't have to rely on cookies or other traces that are prone to being deleted. And changing your device or browser settings the wrong way enhances the fingerprint, instead of solving the problem.

I think this is why i was banned again on the geeks, i created account through my smarphone using mobile data(different ip). This is the first tracker to ban me multiple times for creating new accounts. This did not happen on other trackers like animebytes, torrentleech. Animebytes took 1 month to catch me for duping.

anon
23.08.16, 18:01
Note: after rereading my above post, I want to mention that when I said "changing your device or browser settings (...) enhances the fingerprint", it should be read as "changing your device settings or browser settings".

This looks like one of those "mystery" bans, as I'm guessing you had never been on TheGeeks from your phone or its Internet connection before. There's always the IRC support channel to find out their side of the story...

Codec
23.08.16, 18:50
I never used the geeks through my phone. I didnt go and ask in the irc channel as i know what they are going to say. Is it possible for them to know that im using the tracker through mobile data? Does my browser send this info to the tracker?

DUPE
23.08.16, 21:58
i was rude..

anon
24.08.16, 03:53
Is it possible for them to know that im using the tracker through mobile data? Does my browser send this info to the tracker?

Well, your IP will be that of a mobile provider, so it's not very hard to find out. However, that's not reason enough to warrant a ban on any tracker. Based on the information given, the only "wrong" thing I see here is that due to NAT, another mobile customer may have used the same address on another account, and even then it seems unlikely. That's why I suggested IRC - even if you know what they'll say, you may at least get a clue from them in the process. Nothing to lose.

Codec
25.08.16, 20:53
Can tracker staff check whether i'm using Random Agent Spoofer for firefox? Can they detect it? I had been a long time member of thegeeks before getting disabled. I think they have checked all the ips logged and noticed the ip ranges which im on. I have another friend who has an account and he's giving it to me but i want to be sure that i have done everything correctly before logging in from home IP.

I have changed IP, cleared browser data. I have installed the random agent spoofer right now, should i leave it as it is or should i modify any of the settings?

KnowledgeMelon
26.08.16, 00:26
You should disable webRTC.

anon
26.08.16, 17:05
I have another friend who has an account and he's giving it to me

In that case, you're better off using the same User-Agent as him, rather than changing it.

KnowledgeMelon
31.08.16, 03:50
Anon what do you get on the panopticlick brower fingerprint test? it said to unblock sites that dont track sites. but couldnt trackers say they dont track but then actually track you anyways?

what browser do you use?

anon
31.08.16, 15:07
Anon what do you get on the panopticlick brower fingerprint test?

what browser do you use?

Opera 12.18. The test says I "have strong protection against Web tracking" but my "browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 138,986 tested so far" with "at least 17.08 bits of identifying information". But after scrolling down, all they could get from me was the User-Agent and Accept headers (which doesn't mean I could change them and be done, other headers and their request order are also important).

It could be worse :idunno:

it said to unblock sites that dont track sites.

Can you give more details on this?

KnowledgeMelon
31.08.16, 16:12
Opera 12.18. The test says I "have strong protection against Web tracking" but my "browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 138,986 tested so far" with "at least 17.08 bits of identifying information". But after scrolling down, all they could get from me was the User-Agent and Accept headers (which doesn't mean I could change them and be done, other headers and their request order are also important).

It could be worse :idunno:

Can you give more details on this?

the third checkmark, the one above fingerprinting.

Does your browser unblock 3rd parties that promise to honor Do Not Track? ✗ no

What are the accept headers?

I get these dont know how to fix them.

--Limited supercookie test- Dom local/session storage - Yes
Should i change dom to false?

--Hash of canvas fingerprint

--Browser Plugin Details
they can also see my plugins. how do i fix this?

Something like this (Java Applet; application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2; ) (Java Applet; application/x-java-applet;version=1.3; ) (Java Applet; application/x-java-applet;version=1.8; ) (Java Applet; application/x-java-vm; ) (Java Applet; application/x-java-applet;deploy=11.91.2; )

im using firefox

--HTTP_ACCEPT Headers

--Hash of WebGL fingerprint
All zeros, what does that mean? safe

--Langauges
--System fonts

Anyway to block those two?

--Cookies enabled? Yes

Do you disable cookies?

Codec
31.08.16, 20:04
anon - I downloaded your opera profile. How do i use it?

anon
01.09.16, 20:43
the third checkmark, the one above fingerprinting.

Does your browser unblock 3rd parties that promise to honor Do Not Track? ✗ no

Well, it all depends on whether they really make good on their promise. I'd personally wouldn't find this a dilemma :wwink:

What are the accept headers?

Accept, Accept-Encoding and Accept-Language.

--Limited supercookie test- Dom local/session storage - Yes

dom.storage.enabled=false takes care of this.

Install the CanvasBlocker addon.

--Browser Plugin Details
they can also see my plugins. how do i fix this?

Disabling Flash kills this, languages and fonts. Font enumeration can also be disabled for Flash via mms.cfg.

--Hash of WebGL fingerprint
All zeros, what does that mean? safe

No idea, I've always kept WebGL disabled to begin with.

Do you disable cookies?

Yes, for all sites other than a few select ones. The CookieFast addon should help this become less of a hassle. You can also use Self Destructing Cookies so that they automatically delete themselves.

---------- Post Merged at 15:43 ---------- Previous Post was at 15:35 ----------

anon - I downloaded your opera profile. How do i use it?

Find your profile directory, delete it, then extract the archive to where it was contained.

Note: my profile is for Opera 12.18 and below, not the newer versions based on the Chromium source code.

Note 2: I have made changes to it since May 2013, it may be time for a new upload.

DUPE
04.09.16, 20:27
Anons so helpful. 16898

Codec
05.09.16, 14:09
anon - is it easy or difficult for tracker staff to add code which checks whether any of their user's ip has changed to a different country ip? Is it easy for them to check whether an account has been exchanged with someone?

anon
05.09.16, 17:27
Yes to both.

KnowledgeMelon
10.09.16, 05:07
Can you use a paid vpn and then do the what.cd interview with it?

or is it detectable?

anon
11.09.16, 21:04
Can you use a paid vpn and then do the what.cd interview with it?

or is it detectable?

They are detectable. With that said, paid VPNs are a bit of a gray area. Technically speaking, they violate the rule disallowing proxies and IP hiding that almost every tracker has, but most are okay with them because 1. dupers rarely shell out money to create further accounts, 2. in some countries, encrypting your traffic can be a necessity to torrent safely.

So, your choices may very well be one month of VPN vs. a Frappuccino.

KnowledgeMelon
11.09.16, 21:53
Lol at the starbucks joke

but you said that paid vpn are detectable.
Did you mean that they can detect you have a paid vpn, but dont care?

then how can i make it undetectable? or not possible?

anon
11.09.16, 22:20
but you said that paid vpn are detectable.
Did you mean that they can detect you have a paid vpn, but dont care?

As I said, it's a gray area. whatinterviewprep.com states the following:

YOU MAY ONLY INTERVIEW ON YOUR HOME CONNECTION. Proxies, bouncers, shells, office lines, and other non-home connections (including using your friend’s home connection) are not allowed. You may connect from your university dormitory.

However, VPNs (while similar in functionality to proxies) are not mentioned, and if used at home, they naturally don't qualify as "not using your home connection" either. They will very likely prompt you about why your IP belongs to a VPN provider or dedicated server (which is what it'll appear as, and takes no effort to find out), but let it slide after you explain yourself. Note that the above-quoted passage does forbid creating a dupe from Starbucks, but I have already told you how to avoid detection.

Anyway, we have been talking computer stuff forever now, when are you going to make that new account? :wtongue:

Edit: disregard most of the above writing, I just browsed the interview site a bit more and found this:

Do not browse What.CD using proxies (including any VPN) with dynamic or shared IP addresses.
You may browse the site through a private server/proxy only if it has a static IP address unique to you, or through your private or shared seedbox. Note that this applies to every kind of proxy, including VPN services, Tor, and public proxies. When in doubt, send a Staff PM seeking approval of your proxy or VPN. See our Proxy/VPN Tips and Multiple IPs articles for more information.

KnowledgeMelon
12.09.16, 03:24
yeah , im mostly too busy and want to find a secure/safe way of doing it, so i wont have to again.

Will probably just change my home ip, and that should be fine.

My home ip has only been banned once, so a change in the last digit should be fine right? it has been like a year.

My only concern is my browser fingerprint / network card will link me, but probably being too paranoid.

But what can the staff ( operator ) on the irc chat see about you ? your full ip and some computer specs ?

Didnt make the new account yet , cause im scared.

but thanks a lot anon, you helped me a lot :D

Codec
12.09.16, 06:58
Anon - Can you check the fingerprint img i sent you and tell me whether anything has to be changed?

anon
12.09.16, 17:29
My home ip has only been banned once, so a change in the last digit should be fine right? it has been like a year.

Sounds good.

what can the staff ( operator ) on the irc chat see about you ? your full ip and some computer specs ?

Yes, and with some client tuning you can hide the latter.

molosse
14.09.16, 22:44
anon - is it easy or difficult for tracker staff to add code which checks whether any of their user's ip has changed to a different country ip? Is it easy for them to check whether an account has been exchanged with someone?

I'd think it's rather easy.
2 trackers have contacted me to ask what happened to my IP (change of country from Netherlands to France).
I just explained I moved to France.
I think the fact that I seeded the torrents again, proved the legitimacy of my change of IP.

to play safe
1. maybe you can contact the staff in advance
2. arrange for the torrents to be seeded again.

Based on my experience when I moved to France, I bought an account on a tracker and the seller was kind enough to give me access to all the torrents via FTP.

on BTN, I still think they ban country IP change.

---------- Post Merged at 22:44 ---------- Previous Post was at 22:39 ----------

Sounds good.

really?
I once read that a tracker can still detect you by looking at the MAC address used (from your home gateway/modem if bridge mode is off or from computer external router if bride mode is on)

I can't remember the details, though.

EDIT: I love this post merge function here, it's brilliant!

KnowledgeMelon
15.09.16, 05:11
Bridge mode?

they detect you with what?

Asriel
15.09.16, 09:39
Remove all old torrents from your BitTorrent client.
You don't want to accidentally end up starting one of them and announce to your old passkey, do you?

Hey Anon! Just a quick question, if a torrent containing a banned old passkey announces out from an IP that was not previously flagged or banned, is that IP now compromised?

Or is this only an issue if you have torrents coming from both banned and unbanned passkeys at the same time?

Codec
15.09.16, 11:19
I think you will get banned as sharing torrent files with others is not allowed and i think they can detect it. You can't download torrents with banned passkeys in it. After i was banned from a tracker all my torrents became red in the client.

Asriel
15.09.16, 12:07
I think you will get banned as sharing torrent files with others is not allowed and i think they can detect it. You can't download torrents with banned passkeys in it. After i was banned from a tracker all my torrents became red in the client.

Well the story for me is I had just accidentally opened a torrent file downloaded by a banned account. I immediately deleted it but I did see that "announcement sent" and just want to know if I should expect a ban (No other torrents were running)

On a new IP and everything. So is that IP compromised now?

molosse
15.09.16, 17:51
Hey Anon! Just a quick question, if a torrent containing a banned old passkey announces out from an IP that was not previously flagged or banned, is that IP now compromised?

Or is this only an issue if you have torrents coming from both banned and unbanned passkeys at the same time?

This is what I would do:
assume your bittorrent client has a torrent that references the old (banned) passkey.
put it on stop
edit the torrent tracker URL
change the passkey
resume the torrent.

---------- Post Merged at 17:51 ---------- Previous Post was at 17:38 ----------

Well the story for me is I had just accidentally opened a torrent file downloaded by a banned account. I immediately deleted it but I did see that "announcement sent" and just want to know if I should expect a ban (No other torrents were running)

On a new IP and everything. So is that IP compromised now?

In theory, yes, if the tracker has the script to do that.
Here is a good story:
I have 2 accounts on Waffles on 2 IP addresses
I wanted to beef up my buffer on account 1 (IP 1)
I downloaded several large FL from Account 1.
I gave the torrent files to PC2/account2/IP2
from PC2, I loaded the torrent and didn't change the passkey. (=> HUGE MISTAKE)
I then use IPFilter on PC2 to block all IP addresses except that of PC1
After the download was complete, I reversed the process (PC1 download from PC2)
an I repeat the process over and over again.

PC2 was downloading the torrent from PC1 but both were on the same passkey.

Then I got fed up with an error message in Vuze: I was blocked because "you announce too often" of something like that.
I didn't understand what the problem was.

I took me 2 weeks to realize that the same torrent on both PC were with the same passkey.
Account 2 never got any stat while account 1 got a massive buffer.
That was a long time ago! And I didn't get banned.
since I kept myself very very low under the radar.

You can call me mother of stupid on this one, it would be well deserved!

Asriel
15.09.16, 18:39
This is what I would do:
assume your bittorrent client has a torrent that references the old (banned) passkey.
put it on stop
edit the torrent tracker URL
change the passkey
resume the torrent.

---------- Post Merged at 17:51 ---------- Previous Post was at 17:38 ----------

In theory, yes, if the tracker has the script to do that.
Here is a good story:
I have 2 accounts on Waffles on 2 IP addresses
I wanted to beef up my buffer on account 1 (IP 1)
I downloaded several large FL from Account 1.
I gave the torrent files to PC2/account2/IP2
from PC2, I loaded the torrent and didn't change the passkey. (=> HUGE MISTAKE)
I then use IPFilter on PC2 to block all IP addresses except that of PC1
After the download was complete, I reversed the process (PC1 download from PC2)
an I repeat the process over and over again.

PC2 was downloading the torrent from PC1 but both were on the same passkey.

Then I got fed up with an error message in Vuze: I was blocked because "you announce too often" of something like that.
I didn't understand what the problem was.

I took me 2 weeks to realize that the same torrent on both PC were with the same passkey.
Account 2 never got any stat while account 1 got a massive buffer.
That was a long time ago! And I didn't get banned.
since I kept myself very very low under the radar.

You can call me mother of stupid on this one, it would be well deserved!

hahaha! Wow that is indeed super lucky. Quite the story :D

BTW, if it matters the tracker in question for me is BTN.

KnowledgeMelon
15.09.16, 18:41
Lol you got super lucky.

its ok waffles probably doesnt really have any good cheating scripts,
eventhought you were using the same passkey on both clients, that were only uploading to one other person.
Extremely obvious

molosse
15.09.16, 23:07
hahaha! Wow that is indeed super lucky. Quite the story :D

BTW, if it matters the tracker in question for me is BTN.

I pray for you then, BTN is harsh. I was there for 3 weeks and they banned me. i didn't know why, I knew they are very difficult with all sorts of rules and I think I did nothing wrong.

The "good" news is that you will probably find out soon.

Codec
15.09.16, 23:32
You should be very careful on trackers like BTN, PTP, WCD. You get caught on one of them then they will ban you on others. Lets hope that you dont get banned!

anon
16.09.16, 15:30
I'd think it's rather easy.
2 trackers have contacted me to ask what happened to my IP (change of country from Netherlands to France).
I just explained I moved to France.
I think the fact that I seeded the torrents again, proved the legitimacy of my change of IP.

If you had moved to Romania or India, this story would have had a very different ending :lol:

really?
I once read that a tracker can still detect you by looking at the MAC address used (from your home gateway/modem if bridge mode is off or from computer external router if bride mode is on)

I can't remember the details, though.

MAC address detection is a myth. The only way they have to read that information is loading privileged active content (with all the resulting browser warnings), and the means to avoid that have been discussed on previous pages.

anon
16.09.16, 15:40

In principle, yes, but it all depends on what they log in this regard (molosse's story above should be exemplary). If you haven't been banned already, you'll be fine.

Generally speaking, seeding or resuming torrents from a previous account is discouraged (see the "[O]nce you're in" section of the first post).

DUPE
16.09.16, 22:19
I pray for you then, BTN is harsh. I was there for 3 weeks and they banned me. i didn't know why, I knew they are very difficult with all sorts of rules and I think I did nothing wrong.

The "good" news is that you will probably find out soon.

Snore.. I've uploaded terabytes on several btn accounts at like 100MB/s on random torrents. I've only been disabled there for talking back to staff or being associated with disabled accounts elsewhere..

I'm also *snipe*

KnowledgeMelon
17.09.16, 04:47
Snore.. I've uploaded terabytes on several btn accounts at like 100MB/s on random torrents. I've only been disabled there for talking back to staff or being associated with disabled accounts elsewhere..

I'm also *snipe*

lol whats the point on btn when its ratioless

Codec
17.09.16, 09:16
How do you manage to get so many accounts on these trackers?. :tongue:

http://i.cubeupload.com/uHvfIX.png

KnowledgeMelon
17.09.16, 17:39
How do you manage to get so many accounts on these trackers?. :tongue:

http://i.cubeupload.com/uHvfIX.png

what do you mean so many accounts? he only has one?

anon
17.09.16, 18:24

To get access to those supersecret class-restricted forums that seeding for a hundred years but not uploading much won't get you :smilie4:

KnowledgeMelon
18.09.16, 03:57
What kind of invites are there that you cant get elsewhere?
hdbits?

Asriel
18.09.16, 12:38
Thanks for the responses everyone!

In principle, yes, but it all depends on what they log in this regard (molosse's story above should be exemplary). If you haven't been banned already, you'll be fine.

Ok thanks. I got a general question tho, how long would you say after waiting after you did something wrong (or have a new account) would you think I'm clear from danger of being found out? A few weeks? A month? I would assume that the longer you wait the more you're buried in the history of user activities? (Unless of course ratted out or signed in with a monitored/banned IP)

Betrayed
18.09.16, 12:49
My friend Betrayed is watching you Asriel

Asriel
18.09.16, 13:15
My friend Betrayed is watching you Asriel

:shockkk!:

Would he disown you if he knows you're on SB-I?

Betrayed
18.09.16, 16:02
Disown, ban, blacklist all the fun things he likes to do

anon
18.09.16, 20:34
Ok thanks. I got a general question tho, how long would you say after waiting after you did something wrong (or have a new account) would you think I'm clear from danger of being found out? A few weeks? A month?

One day. If you haven't been banned afterwards, then chances you got away with whatever you did are over 90%.

Codec
23.09.16, 18:24
http://s12.postimg.org/7lz9p7szx/thedeh.png

DUPE
24.09.16, 00:44

What kind of invites are there that you cant get elsewhere?
hdbits?

To duplicate so that when I get disabled again I have numerous extra accounts.
It's worked for me since TorrentBits and since then there has never been a tracker I've wanted to be a member of that I'm not.

And by the way, hdbits isn't very hard to get into anymore.

what do you mean so many accounts? he only has one?

Nuuupe.

KnowledgeMelon
24.09.16, 05:02
And by the way, hdbits isn't very hard to get into anymore.

how do get in?

THC
25.09.16, 22:15
how do get in?

You buy an invite LOL

Codec
26.09.16, 19:11

https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/546t3h/tracker_bans/

anon
27.09.16, 03:18
That post is either parody or a bad attempt at disinformation. No one would get so specific in public about the details they look for to catch dupe accounts.

FCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8

DUPE
27.09.16, 19:06
how do get in?

Be a contributing part of the torrent community. Try it, it's not bad.

Asriel
28.09.16, 08:04
That post is either parody or a bad attempt at disinformation. No one would get so specific in public about the details they look for to catch dupe accounts.

FCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8

Indeed that thread is useless. It's either admins boasting about their trackers having magical security ban powers or the random user pretending that duping or circumventing a ban is easy as pie.

There will be no real useful information either way.

Anon already showed some risk showing in this thread how people get around tracker security.

anon
28.09.16, 16:52
Be a contributing part of the torrent community. Try it, it's not bad.

I've been offered tons of invites and accounts this way, even gaining access to the legendary TTC. 10/10, highly recommend :smilie4:

Asriel
30.09.16, 04:42
hey anon, are trackers able to track your windows user ID to catch re-registers? Especially since on Windows 10 you are required to login with a Windows live account

Lucius
30.09.16, 11:20
hey anon, are trackers able to track your windows user ID to catch re-registers? Especially since on Windows 10 you are required to login with a Windows live account

This kind of behavior consider as a bug or security risk, do you think that Microsoft will allow such a thing ?
This post is so silly, there is no mac address tracking and of course big no for Windows product key !!

[edit]
There is a way to get windows account user name by active x and that's for sure on IE only (after you allow the action via the upper toolbar notification.

molosse
30.09.16, 19:32
Especially since on Windows 10 you are required to login with a Windows live account
That is incorrect, you don't have too.
When you install Windows 10, there is an option to opt out windows live account and use a local account only.
post install, you can still switch to a local account.
you can easily find tutorials on the Internet for that.

anon
30.09.16, 20:49
hey anon, are trackers able to track your windows user ID to catch re-registers?

If that's another rumor, then they are getting ridiculous.

Asriel
11.10.16, 12:46

Whelp... sure enough down the line BTN banned me. Didn't think I did anything wrong. Thought I have gotten away after more than a week (got banned way way way after). Kinda baffled by how they caught me. Only thing I can think of was that the account I was using had the exact same name on TI.org I messaged TheTrader to change the username and almost immediately I was banned right after that

Codec
11.10.16, 14:10
I was banned on PTP after i fake seeded around 8 or 9 golden popcorn torrents for few hours for bonus points. I was banned after some hours, i dont know how they caught me. When they banned me these torrents were not running in mratio so i think they check my announces. I didnt fake seed any upload( kept it at 0 up 0 down). These torrents were previously downloaded on my seedbox. I had been seeding all these fucking torrents for weeks on my seedbox and now i'm banned for something like this :(

molosse
11.10.16, 20:20
If that's another rumor, then they are getting ridiculous.

the great things with rumors is that once spread, many people believe them. that's good news for trackers!

---------- Post Merged at 20:20 ---------- Previous Post was at 19:53 ----------

I was banned on PTP after i fake seeded around 5 golden popcorn torrents for few hours for bonus points. I was banned after some hours, i dont know how they caught me. When they banned me these torrents were not running in mratio so i think they check my announces. I didnt fake seed any upload( kept it at 0 up 0 down). These torrents were previously downloaded on my seedbox. I had been seeding all these fucking torrents for weeks on my seedbox and now i'm banned for something like this :(

I assume there were already a lot of seeders on these GPs. Pretty strange they can catch you with that.
you should go on their IRC channel to ask why you were banned.
I also lost (very well deserved considering what I was doing) one of my PTP account.
I went on their IRC, dared to ask, confessed one cheating but the guy told me another cheating. He even asked me why I cheated, I told him it was for a scientific research.:biggrin:

This being said, I gave up cheating on PTP, it's not worth it: I dedicated 1 TB of torrents (90% full bluray) with very few seeders and that's enough to collect 400GB of upload, per month, and I don't need to do anything. It's like being a pensioner claiming my money the 1st of the month.

I hope you'll be to register again. I've been waiting for 2 months and I still can't send my invite (max user reached)

Asriel
12.10.16, 01:01
I was banned on PTP after i fake seeded around 5 golden popcorn torrents for few hours for bonus points. I was banned after some hours, i dont know how they caught me. When they banned me these torrents were not running in mratio so i think they check my announces. I didnt fake seed any upload( kept it at 0 up 0 down). These torrents were previously downloaded on my seedbox. I had been seeding all these fucking torrents for weeks on my seedbox and now i'm banned for something like this :(

Sorry to hear that Codec, it is strange that they caught you for that. Did you use the same seedbox provider? You need to get another account with that if you reregister.

I also lost (very well deserved considering what I was doing) one of my PTP account.
I went on their IRC, dared to ask, confessed one cheating but the guy told me another cheating. He even asked me why I cheated, I told him it was for a scientific research.:biggrin:

This being said, I gave up cheating on PTP, it's not worth it: I dedicated 1 TB of torrents (90% full bluray) with very few seeders and that's enough to collect 400GB of upload, per month, and I don't need to do anything. It's like being a pensioner claiming my money the 1st of the month.

I hope you'll be to register again. I've been waiting for 2 months and I still can't send my invite (max user reached)

PTP security similar or the same to BTN? I hear they are networked trackers.

Codec
12.10.16, 08:29
I will try to find the reason in the irc. Most likely i wont get my account back. Anyways the tracker is nothing special, you can find everything on this tracker elsewhere. Those torrents that i fake seeded had more than 100 seeders.

anon
12.10.16, 14:57
TheTrader

Great to see that guy is still rocking it in 2016... perhaps you can ask for a refund :lol:

molosse
12.10.16, 23:01
Anyways the tracker is nothing special, you can find everything on this tracker elsewhere.

We all different needs and I can understand that PTP is not for everyone, but all reviews I've read about this tracker have said it's fantastic, many claim it's the best.

I still think it's best UI (best movie info page, IMHO), I use a lot of their features (collections, collections, tags, similar movies, need for seed, great detailed stats).

I've seen a lot of fantastic movies from countries like Iran, Korea, Eastern Europe, India... I would not have found these movies elsewhere. This tracker has pretty much all movies in one place.
I also like that they have both HD and SD. Too many trackers now only allow for HD. Not all movies exist in HD.

sure, you can always find the latest Marvel anywhere else...

---------- Post Merged at 23:01 ---------- Previous Post was at 22:57 ----------

PTP security similar or the same to BTN? I hear they are networked trackers.

networked trackers?

If you mean they talk to each other?
yes, WCD, BTN and PTP are great friends. if you get banned in one place, the other 2 will follow suit.
Especially if you got invited from one place to the other.
Before I lost my PTP account, I got invited in BTN (a BTN staff invite PTP member if you meet 2 easy conditions).
It took only 2 weeks for BTN to ban me.

Asriel
12.10.16, 23:25
Great to see that guy is still rocking it in 2016... perhaps you can ask for a refund :lol:

is he not trustworthy? I found it kinda suspicious that immediately after I skyped him to change the username on TI.org I immediately get banned. (had the account for months. He's also not the one who gave me the account in the first place)

networked trackers?

If you mean they talk to each other?
yes, WCD, BTN and PTP are great friends. if you get banned in one place, the other 2 will follow suit.
Especially if you got invited from one place to the other.
Before I lost my PTP account, I got invited in BTN (a BTN staff invite PTP member if you meet 2 easy conditions).
It took only 2 weeks for BTN to ban me.

I have a feeling they are closely monitoring any activity from where I live. Unfortunately, I don't live in a big city where they likely get a ton of activity, so they saw a new sign in from my location (and probably the only activity from that location is me) and banned me. I can't figure out how they caught me otherwise (unless TheTrader turned me in or going to TI.org and IP logging me there and they cross referenced)

Codec
12.10.16, 23:35
https://s12.postimg.org/lz8shoyzx/1.png

https://s12.postimg.org/3ky9dpmp9/2.png

Asriel
13.10.16, 00:07

that sounds like an urban legend lol

anon
13.10.16, 14:42

This place sounds better than TTC, Mango and Sam.X combined :O

DUPE
15.10.16, 20:01
This place sounds better than TTC, Mango and Sam.X combined :O

You just went over my head with TTC, Mango and Sam.X.... What are those?

anon
15.10.16, 21:20
I'm not allowed to say :shifty:

Codec
17.10.16, 15:10
How do staff catch those who are fake seeding at 0 kbps (to maintain average seeding size) from torrents that have a lot of seeders(50+)?

anon
17.10.16, 16:05
If you follow all the guidelines for plausible deniability, they can't, really.

DUPE
18.10.16, 03:15
I'm not allowed to say :shifty:

Nerd......

molosse
18.10.16, 20:58
How do staff catch those who are fake seeding at 0 kbps (to maintain average seeding size) from torrents that have a lot of seeders(50+)?

I don't understand "maintain average seeding size"
do you mean you're just fake-seeding ?

not so long ago, I had a torrent that I fake seeded, it was pretty well seeded (200+), but I got an message from staff saying: "Please re-check your torrent" (torrent having a hyperlink to the culprit)

---------- Post Merged at 20:58 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:46 ----------

If you follow all the guidelines for plausible deniability, they can't, really.

Hi,

I only found 8 posts in SBI with word "deniability", investigated each but didn't see "guidelines"
do you have a specific post/thread to recommend?

cheers

Codec
19.10.16, 11:23
I don't understand "maintain average seeding size"
do you mean you're just fake-seeding ?

On tehconnection user classes are based on average seeding size.

Average Seeding Size Requirement
This is the average amount of data you must keep seeding in order to get or keep a given user class. Drop below it, and you will be automatically demoted.

anon
19.10.16, 14:50
I only found 8 posts in SBI with word "deniability", investigated each but didn't see "guidelines"
do you have a specific post/thread to recommend?

A very old post, but it remains relevant today. One thing it doesn't mention, though: sometimes there will be very small variations for the same torrent (an additional "You downloaded this torrent from tracker X" text file, or perhaps an NFO that has been converted from Unix to Windows linebreaks) and you can't jump directly at 100% then.

molosse
19.10.16, 21:48

A very old post, but it remains relevant today. One thing it doesn't mention, though: sometimes there will be very small variations for the same torrent (an additional "You downloaded this torrent from tracker X" text file, or perhaps an NFO that has been converted from Unix to Windows linebreaks) and you can't jump directly at 100% then.

I see now.
I never thought using fake seeding that way.

the few cases I use fake seeding was to always download the torrent data, wait until my disks are full, then pick the oldest torrent with lots of seeders and then delete the data and fake seed them.

And I have just bought the amazon unlimited cloud, so I will start to backup those torrents there just in case.

---------- Post Merged at 21:48 ---------- Previous Post was at 21:46 ----------

On tehconnection user classes are based on average seeding size.

Average Seeding Size Requirement
This is the average amount of data you must keep seeding in order to get or keep a given user class. Drop below it, and you will be automatically demoted.

Thx for the clarification, never heard of this user class system.

tahayassen
20.10.16, 16:21
Two other things to look out for:

1. Make sure your browser fingerprint is unique: https://amiunique.org/

2. Do not use the same username on other trackers. They can check your IP from other trackers and ban you.

anon
20.10.16, 18:38

Note (and summary of all the fingerprint discussion in this thread): while this would normally be undesirable on the rest of the Internet, and thus discouraged by all literature on the matter, it is the complete opposite when it comes to evading bans on trackers. Ideally, you'll want a different, unique print on each account.

Codec
20.10.16, 18:45
Hey anon how long do i have to wait before trying to get into ptp? I was recently banned(not cheating). I was a member for around 2 months (they have all the ips variations within that time period). Can they catch me again by checking my ip ranges? I'll be using different fingerprint and changing ip.

molosse
21.10.16, 00:39
Hey anon how long do i have to wait before trying to get into ptp? I was recently banned(not cheating). I was a member for around 2 months (they have all the ips variations within that time period). Can they catch me again by checking my ip ranges? I'll be using different fingerprint and changing ip.

They could catch if they backup these IP's and could have scripts to match new account IP address with these backup.
But then, do you really want to find out? Just change your IP address.

---------- Post Merged at 00:39 ---------- Previous Post was at 00:20 ----------

Two other things to look out for:

2. Do not use the same username on other trackers. They can check your IP from other trackers and ban you.

I tried that website.

I run the test twice on 2 computers (on different IP addresses):
It said on both reports:

Almost! (You can most certainly be tracked.)
then lots of blabla
and the last one:
But only 2 browsers out of the 231000 observed browsers (0.00 %) have exactly the same fingerprint as yours.

in the fingerprint details, I see indeed the same info. although the computers are different. 2 huge differences:

1. PC1 has windows 10. PC2 has windows 2012.
Yet both reports say I have windows 2012

2. PC1 has resolution "1920x1080". PC2 has resolution "1920x1200"
Yet both reports say I have "1920x1080"

that doesn't sound reliable.

anon
21.10.16, 15:23
They could catch if they backup these IP's

And they do, as does any Gazelle tracker.

A clean IP on a different range would trump any waiting period, but I'd suggest at least one month if you can't change it.

1. PC1 has windows 10. PC2 has windows 2012.
Yet both reports say I have windows 2012

Windows 10's version number is 10.0, and Windows Server 2012's is 6.2. However, applications whose manifest doesn't target Windows 8.1 or 10 will be given the version number of Windows 8, which is also 6.2.

My suggestion would be running the tests on the Edge browser to eliminate this factor.

2. PC1 has resolution "1920x1080". PC2 has resolution "1920x1200"
Yet both reports say I have "1920x1080"

Since 1920x1200 did not become a popular resolution, it is possible that the test is "rounding" it to 1080p. However, JavaScript returns screen width and height separately, so there should be no reason to do that...

Codec
21.10.16, 16:14
anon - Can you post your privacy settings that you are using for opera? You said you had made changes to the opera profile. Panopticlick is displaying my system fonts, how can i hide this?

anon
22.10.16, 05:19
anon - Can you post your privacy settings that you are using for opera? You said you had made changes to the opera profile.

Updated Opera profile coming up sometime this weekend.

Panopticlick is displaying my system fonts, how can i hide this?

There are two means of detecting fonts: active and passive.

Active detection uses Java or Flash to get a list of all installed fonts. You can stop this by disabling the Java plugin in your browser altogether (it's not necessary), then researching what mms.cfg is and adding DisableDeviceFontEnumeration=1 to yours.

Passive detection uses JavaScript or CSS to probe the presence or absence of a predefined list of fonts. You can stop this by setting browser.display.use_document_fonts=0 and gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled=false on Firefox, but that will make all pages look ugly, and replace some buttons with Chinese characters or random symbols.

anon
24.10.16, 17:18
Did I say this weekend? I meant Monday, of course.

Removed profile.zip (316.7 KB). I no longer consider it secure. Please delete the file if you still have a copy.

Codec
25.10.16, 21:04
Thanks for posting the profile. I'm having difficulty in finding the profile folder. Where is it located? I have downloaded and installed Opera 12.18 x64.

anon
26.10.16, 05:08
I'm having difficulty in finding the profile folder. Where is it located? I have downloaded and installed Opera 12.18 x64.

Uh, it was somewhere in %appdata%\Opera last time I checked. I've been using the portable version for years, it keeps everything in a single folder.

Bonus track: some binary patches to alter a few things in the browser's behavior. These used to be posted at my.opera.com before it shut down.

Codec
26.10.16, 06:08
Uh, it was somewhere in %appdata%\Opera last time I checked. I've been using the portable version for years, it keeps everything in a single folder.

Bonus track: some binary patches to alter a few things in the browser's behavior. These used to be posted at my.opera.com before it shut down.

Ok. I have removed the currently installed version and installed the portable version from here (http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/opera_portable#legacy12). I see two folders called profile. Where should i copy/paste the profile you posted above.

There is a profile folder in App\Opera\profile

C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\OperaPortableLegacy12\App\O pera\profile

and also in a folder in Data\profile

C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\OperaPortableLegacy12\Data\ profile

Can you also tell why you didn't switch to the newer versions of opera?

anon
26.10.16, 15:25
There is a profile folder in App\Opera\profile

and also in a folder in Data\profile

I use this (http://www.opera-usb.com/) one, but anything that uses the PortableApps framework (e.g. yours) stores its settings under "Data".

Can you also tell why you didn't switch to the newer versions of opera?

Because after the engine switch, it basically turned into a Chrome clone. I'd rather use the real Chrome, and I do at times, but not as a main browser: the multi-process model and resource usage make it inviable for someone opening as many tabs as I do on a daily basis.

Opera 12.xx is fast, has a small footprint, and can run for months without a hitch. Case in point: when I was at school, I once had to use it on a Pentium III with 128 MB of RAM and the performance difference vs. a "real" computer was barely noticeable. Chrome would have been unusable.

It is not perfect, mind you (my dream browser would have Opera's speed and interface with Firefox's extensibility), but I've tried everything else and always came back to it.

Codec
26.10.16, 15:57
Thanks for all the info :wgrin: Everything is working fine now. What should i do with the opera_patches zip you posted above. I extracted it and i see three files: perl, perl1514.dll, and this.pl.

When i open the homepage on gazellegames i see this message. Can i ignore this?

GazelleGames.net requires JavaScript to function properly. Please enable JavaScript in your browser.

anon
26.10.16, 17:55
What should i do with the opera_patches zip you posted above. I extracted it and i see three files: perl, perl1514.dll, and this.pl.

Open this.pl with a text editor and you'll see everything's explained within. I applied the following patches to my install...

Remove real hostname from MHTML Content-ID v12 [64bit]
Disable tab stacking v12 [64bit]
Refresh UserAgent for Mask as IE
Refresh UserAgent for Mask as Firefox

When i open the homepage on gazellegames i see this message. Can i ignore this?

Far from it. By default, nothing can set cookies, use JavaScript and plugins or receive referers, so most pages will break. You have to whitelist each of your sites (F12 -> Edit Site Preferences) and give it the functionality it requires.

Codec
26.10.16, 19:17
Ok. I have uncommented the code for those 4 parts and ran the file. It stays like this without any messages. How do i confirm the script ran successfully? I have enabled javascript and accept cookies. Do i have to change any other settings other these two for all the private tracker sites to work properly?

anon
26.10.16, 20:04
Ok. I have uncommented the code for those 4 parts and ran the file. It stays like this without any messages. How do i confirm the script ran successfully?

You don't have to run perl directly, but open a Command Prompt window in that directory and then enter the command. Output will look like this:

C:\Whatever\Portable Opera>perl -W -f -- "this.pl"

- Missing file name argument. Assuming 'opera.dll'...
+ Applying Opera/Remove real hostname from MHTML Content-ID v12 [64bit]... SU
CCESS!
+ Applying Opera/Disable tab stacking v12 [64bit]... SUCCESS!
+ Applying Opera/Refresh UserAgent for Mask as IE... SUCCESS!
+ Applying Opera/Refresh UserAgent for Mask as Firefox... SUCCESS!
* Patched 'opera.dll' successfully. Original saved as 'opera.dll.original'

I have enabled javascript and accept cookies. Do i have to change any other settings other these two for all the private tracker sites to work properly?

No, for trackers that's good enough.

Codec
26.10.16, 21:37
I'm a noob. :wtinfoil: I got this error when i ran the command through cmd. The patch files were copied to the folder "operausb64_1218en" and the i ran the command perl -W -f -- "this.pl

anon
27.10.16, 16:08
You likely fuckered the editing of the Perl code :wtongue: Go here (http://pastebin.com/wU5rnM8Y) and compare it with yours to see what's wrong.

Codec
27.10.16, 16:46
It worked :wgrin:Thanks a lot anon. You are so helpful

fraudman
28.10.16, 19:17

This may seen as dump but I see a small amount of data(in kb) gets uploaded when I cross-seed a torrent

anon
29.10.16, 02:12
I have also had a few seeding torrents where no one ever downloaded anything, yet my client claimed to have transferred tiny amounts (between 8 and 64 KB). Probably protocol traffic that got counted as "real" for some reason.

It doesn't happen most of the time, though, so I wouldn't worry about it as a detection vector.

Codec
30.10.16, 05:00
I appear as unconnectable on one of the trackers that i'm fake seeding( for bp). I'm connectable on all the other trackers where i'm fake seeding.

anon
30.10.16, 22:41
I appear as unconnectable on one of the trackers that i'm fake seeding( for bp). I'm connectable on all the other trackers where i'm fake seeding.

If canyouseeme.org says you're connectable on that particular port, don't give this further thought.

Codec
04.11.16, 13:50
anon - How do i install this user.js config file for firefox? I cant understand the tutorial posted on github.

https://github.com/pyllyukko/user.js

fraudman
04.11.16, 14:59
When u re-register dont forget to clear all cookies on all devices if you're using google chrome. I got banned after a year I re-registered on various trackers becoz I synced my android mobile with PC :(

Codec
04.11.16, 16:37
On which trackers were you banned? - fraudman

fraudman
04.11.16, 17:43
On which trackers were you banned? - fraudman

BTN,GGn,BCG,What.cd,GFT all becoz of one simple mistake

molosse
04.11.16, 19:28
What I did was to deinstall Chrome and install it again and I created a new google account with new email.
so far so good (4 months), but after reading the last few posts here, I will change to a fresh Opera portable edition.

anon
05.11.16, 19:51
anon - How do i install this user.js config file for firefox? I cant understand the tutorial posted on github.

https://github.com/pyllyukko/user.js

You just have to close the browser, copy the user.js file to your profile folder and restart, I don't see what's so complicated :unsure:

latres
28.01.17, 12:30
regarding opera portable, each page i open shows this window : http://i.imgur.com/GaP907a.png

like multiple times for each site, for different things.

how do i stop that?

anon
29.01.17, 05:27
Opera 12.xx uses its own certificate store, which comes preloaded with very few root authorities. For my profile, I manually imported most of Windows' built-in certificates (a few refused to work), which fixes this problem on 95% of sites. You can copy the following files from it to your profile to achieve the same result:

opcacrt6.dat
opcert6.dat
opicacrt6.dat
oprand.dat
opssl6.dat
optrb.dat
optrust.dat
opuntrust.dat

As for the remaining 5%, you can add an exception by going to the second tab on that message.

Codec
08.02.17, 05:07

Install the CanvasBlocker addon.

Should i change any of the settings after installing canvas blocker extension?

anon
08.02.17, 05:31
The default will ask you once per page attempting to read a canvas element. You can change the blocking mode to "block readout API" to turn off the prompts, but since canvas fingerprinting is a relatively new technique, it may be more educational to leave the defaults as-is and thus know when it's being used against you.

Be sure to test (https://browserleaks.com/canvas) the addon afterwards.

latres
13.02.17, 22:12
Happy to see this thread one of the most active. Wanna publicly thank anon as he literally took me by the hand and guided me all the way in many fronts and still does. Thanks anon! :cool:

After the rise of streaming sites, file-sharing and torrents honestly arent as strong as they once were. Most trackers, especially the ''cabal'' have lost they touch and status quo. Not to mention the bad management in many cases, developing-wise to simple communication with your own userbase. Basically just download your shit and dont give a damn about the community. If you want community either find it here or elsewhere, mostly publicly and easy.

---------------------------

On topic now. To summarize the whole thread, if you ever need to dupe somewhere its all there.Just read carefully and fully understand whats written in the first thread and all the other's poster's experiences.

But, i think we have missed something critical. Or something with not the appropriate significance. Some tracker staff talk much. Way too much. And it actually makes sense since if you are elite, you wanna hang out with the elites.
So if you dupe, they may monitor your activity and ban you upon singing up again. And many regularly ask: ''but how the heck did they know??''. Well, since this was posted on 4chan, it actually deserves a thread on its own:

http://i.imgur.com/w2dLTyE.png

this is an idea of how trackers ''may'' work and share info. It changes all the time, sure and not so sure about its origins, but at least gives us quite the view, dont ya think? So basically, you might have to leave all this behind if you ever are to start fresh.

If you cheat for fun and hobby doesnt really matter. But should you decide you would like a fresh account for personal use on the ''good'' trackers, just be careful on what you keep when you do it.

Codec
14.02.17, 12:56
Any traders/sellers/cheaters caught on thepiratesociety by the staff will have their data posted in a section of the forum which is only visible to the tracker staff members.

anon
15.02.17, 05:06
Happy to see this thread one of the most active. Wanna publicly thank anon as he literally took me by the hand and guided me all the way in many fronts and still does. Thanks anon! :cool:

You're welcome, and thanks to you too for the invaluable assistance given recently.

Well, since this was posted on 4chan, it actually deserves a thread on its own:

After seeing that image and other bits of information I've read on the subject, something's clear: the old days when global bans only affected a select few sites, and only if you really screwed up, are definitely gone. (The only "global" ban I've received, back on 2009, affected three of my twenty-something accounts, two of which I didn't care about.)

Also, we have a thread for this sort of discussion: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=19568

latres
15.02.17, 23:16
After seeing that image and other bits of information I've read on the subject, something's clear: the old days when global bans only affected a select few sites, and only if you really screwed up, are definitely gone. (The only "global" ban I've received, back on 2009, affected three of my twenty-something accounts, two of which I didn't care about.)

Also, we have a thread for this sort of discussion: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=19568

AA yeah i am aware, just preferred the most active thread anyway. :D

To add up to my previous post, trackers's talk could be considered as ''snitch'' from one tracker to the other, should you prefer the term. The idea is to be completely different. Dont even dare to check other people's profile, click ''thanks'' or frequent browsing the same pages. Even same log in times. Everything is logged.
Many people make the frequent mistake: ''but i was disabled i trackers A, B and C but not in D,E and F. Why not keep them and re-enter A,B,C?''
In my humble opinion its kind of risky and they will eventually get to you again. Today, tomorrow, next week, next 6 months. Doesnt really matter, its a matter of time eventually. Just take note.

And it might seem a little ironic saying it here, but will say it anyway: avoid at any cost trading/selling invites, especially accounts. It honestly aint worth it and the best ''crap'' (yes, you heard me) can mostly be found via recruitment on MaM/PTH. Just take the fucking interviews and promote. Its a ''game'' of time after all if you wanna reach the top of the pyramide.

Most trackers are crap and more or less e-penis for people with no actual IRL.And if you have a couple of generals like FL,IPT,Ncore+freshontv and a couple of other ''b'' rate trackers, you should be good. Honestly more than good. Always remember that.

And summarizing the op: plausible deniability is and always will be your friend :cool:

* a good info about trackers and how they work can be found here too: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Codec
17.02.17, 19:58
https://s7.postimg.org/lddy39gbf/1480221635304.jpg

Do you guys know anything about this tracker? I read on 4chan that it's a music tracker.

latres
18.02.17, 22:42
https://s7.postimg.org/lddy39gbf/1480221635304.jpg

Do you guys know anything about this tracker? I read on 4chan that it's a music tracker.

As far as i am aware, its an elitist tracker that was started mostly for elites and above of Whatcd. Plus various staff members of course. Just dont mind. Mostly elitist crap tbqh. Unless it goes mainstream. Name is kinda catchy though.

anon
19.02.17, 04:03
As far as i am aware, its an elitist tracker that was started mostly for elites and above of Whatcd. Plus various staff members of course. Just dont mind. Mostly elitist crap tbqh.

Basically, a 2017 version of Wherefore.me, then.

latres
19.02.17, 22:00
Basically, a 2017 version of Wherefore.me, then.

*with ''elite'' members, i meant probably torrent masters and above. I still like the name though and prefer it to (P)asstheheadphones :rolleyes:

anon
20.02.17, 03:28
"Decibel" evokes things like signal strength, Tx power and antenna gain for me :gninja:

cloud99
08.07.17, 09:23
Hi there to the members on this thread,
I've a PB account banned due to IP change. 18028 I'm pretty sure to always check my IP address before surfing the web. There is a chance I must of used a different IP when logging in. I tried verifying it with my email account but to no success. The administration team still thinks I'm sharing my account.

Any help will be appreciated to recover my account!

anon
09.07.17, 06:59
If the unlock process doesn't work and staff refuse to help, it sounds like you're out of luck (consider the possibility the latter problem may be the cause of the former).

On a sidenote, I've never heard of PB.net before. What kind of place is it?

cloud99
10.07.17, 06:25
If the unlock process doesn't work and staff refuse to help, it sounds like you're out of luck (consider the possibility the latter problem may be the cause of the former).

On a sidenote, I've never heard of PB.net before. What kind of place is it?

The site's name is pornbits.net and as the name suggests it deals with porn and is a invite only tracker. Thank you for your reply :top: it seems I will have to buy a new account from them!:baeh:

H265
20.07.17, 16:56
anon - Can you upload your updated opera profile? :rolleyes:

anon
21.07.17, 05:47
I had to build it for private use, as the Opera in my desktop computer is pretty outdated. So it's coming next week at most.

In the meantime, I no longer consider previous versions of the profile secure, so please delete them if you still have them.

anon
27.07.17, 08:15
Okies, here it is. Changes since the last time (that I remember):

The "profile" is a full-fledged portable browser now (64-bit Windows only; ask if you need an x86 version).
Got rid of a few settings meant to reduce load on 2004-era hardware. Browsing should feel much faster now.
The certificate store is preloaded with Let's Encrypt and a few root CAs that are necessary to browse the Web nowadays, but weren't included by default.
TLS cipher suites that are known to be insecure and/or don't provide forward secrecy are disabled.
The false warning about how "the server tried to apply security measures, but failed" should be fixed.
The list of keyboard shortcuts has been trimmed to keep them to a minimum (I'd been meaning to do this since 2010!).
opera.dll has the following binary patches applied: Remove real hostname from MHTML Content-ID, Disable tab stacking, Refresh UserAgent for Mask as IE, Refresh UserAgent for Mask as Firefox, Remove Win64/WoW64 from Opera User-Agent.
The latest public_domains.dat (publix suffix list) as of July 24th, 2017 is included (but I haven't done enough research to know if it's used at all).
Settings in operaprefs.ini are now sorted alphabetically.

Note: this is not a general-purpose browser. It trades functionality for security and speed. Most sites won't work at all out of the box, since JavaScript and cookies are disabled. You'll need to add exceptions for whatever you want to visit. Plugins can be supported but are discouraged. Extensions are unsupported as most of them are useless anyway.

Removed Opera 12.18.rar (13.99 MB). I no longer consider it secure. Please delete the file if you still have a copy.

anon
29.07.17, 08:01
An addendum.

Most, if not all browser features that "phone home" in the background are turned off or disabled, but you can add this to your hosts file if you want to be sure.

# Opera
0.0.0.0 sitecheck0.opera.com sitecheck1.opera.com sitecheck2.opera.com sitecheck3.opera.com sitecheck4.opera.com sitecheck5.opera.com sitecheck6.opera.com sitecheck7.opera.com sitecheck8.opera.com sitecheck9.opera.com addons.opera.com auth.opera.com auth-test.opera.com autoupdate.geo.opera.com autoupdate.opera.com bugs.opera.com certs.opera.com crash.opera.com extension-updates.opera.com link-server.opera.com

Also, there are three methods of checking if a security certificate is valid:

Online Certificate Status Protocol - asks the authority that signed it if it's still good.
Certificate Revocation Lists - asks the authority that signed it for a list of those that are no longer good, then caches it for a few days.
CRLSets - smaller revocation lists served by Google that are updated regularly in the background and without restarting the browser.

As it stands right now, none of them is perfect. OCSP leaks which sites you visit to the certificate authority, unless a positive response happens to be "stapled" by the site you're connecting to in the TLS handshake, but relatively few support OCSP stapling for now. CRLs can grow to be very large, delaying initial connections. Both OCSP and CRL requests are made in plaintext and can be blocked by attackers, and the default behavior on most browsers is to simply ignore that and carry on. CRLSets are only supported by Chrome and their abridged nature has earned them valid criticism (see https://www.grc.com/revocation/crlsets.htm).

Ideally, all sites would support OCSP stapling, and all clients would refuse to connect to those that don't. Sadly Opera 12.18 cannot be configured for the latter behavior. My profile enables both OCSP and CRL, which are then used in that order, but keep this in mind. Furthermore, Opera comes bundled with few root and intermediate CAs. The browser can contact https://certs.opera.com/ to verify, download and install any new ones it comes across... not in my profile, though, as one of the settings (don't know which) prevents it. That's why I preloaded the most important missing ones.

For those interested, a mirror of certs.opera.com as of July 25th, 2017 is attached. The actual certificates are in a proprietary XML format, but can be converted to PEM with little difficulty.

H265
02.08.17, 16:25
anon - What should i do with the certs.opera.com.zip? I have extracted the zip file. How do i add it to opera?

anon
03.08.17, 18:25
anon - What should i do with the certs.opera.com.zip? I have extracted the zip file. How do i add it to opera?

You don't need to do anything with it, the most important certificates are already preinstalled in the profile. I only uploaded it so that if Opera Software shut down certs.opera.com, an unofficial mirror could be made.

H265
24.04.18, 16:56
@anon - Any new updates to your opera profile?

anon
25.04.18, 02:57
@anon - Any new updates to your opera profile?

None so far. duckduckgo.com now requires that you use "Mask as Firefox" to avoid being redirected to their basic interface, but that's literally two lines in override.ini and so hardly warrants an update.

I might reevaluate which root certificates are included by default and whether it's more convenient to unblock certs.opera.com and avoid security warnings, but everything is functional as it is right now, so I consider that a low priority task.

eylul
24.01.19, 10:31
Hello I joined to post this thread. I need your help,

I am banned on a private tracker 1 month ago. Before I get ban, I invited 1 user. He signed up and never used tracker.

If I get his account details and log in with his details, will staff team ban me again?

His signup IP and my IP is different, DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

Can they detect this Country difference ? Or can I use with no problem?

Sorry for my english. I feel very bad about losing my account, and trying to create new ways to join again.

anon
24.01.19, 10:50
His signup IP and my IP is different, DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

Can they detect this Country difference ? Or can I use with no problem?

Whether staff can detect it is out of the question. All trackers keep IP logs, a review of which will quickly reveal that you teleported to another block/country.

Whether they will notice it, that depends. There is always an element of luck involved, but if you want to maximize your chances, let at least a week pass, don't change the e-mail right away, and (optional but recommended) copy the former owner's User-Agent string and cookies.

eylul
24.01.19, 11:33
Whether staff can detect it is out of the question. All trackers keep IP logs, a review of which will quickly reveal that you teleported to another block/country.

Whether they will notice it, that depends. There is always an element of luck involved, but if you want to maximize your chances, let at least a week pass, don't change the e-mail right away, and (optional but recommended) copy the former owner's User-Agent string and cookies.

Many thanks for the info and thread link.

I think country changes are not important for trackers, that allows VPN.

But "first" Sign Up country is important. If you continue using the account from different country (not from signup country), this will be a problem. (may be not ? )

I will look at that thread. I should learn more things about Ip,Vpn...

anon
24.01.19, 11:44
I think country changes are not important for trackers, that allows VPN.

But "first" Sign Up country is important. If you continue using the account from different country (not from signup country), this will be a problem. (may be not ? )

Most VPNs will be located on a country other than the user's own, so there is a contradiction in this logic.

I stand by my previous advice: let some time pass and take it easy once you're in. If you still get banned, then it was going to happen anyway =]

Renk
03.02.19, 17:43
Most VPNs will be located on a country other than the user's own, so there is a contradiction in this logic.

Some trackers are disallowing vpn/proxy usage when signing up, but encouraging it when torrenting. They are trackers I have access to, so certainly not elite trackers, explaining that you may not be aware of these kind of rules :)

anon
05.02.19, 10:10
Some trackers are disallowing vpn/proxy usage when signing up, but encouraging it when torrenting. They are trackers I have access to, so certainly not elite trackers, explaining that you may not be aware of these kind of rules :)

I'm on less fewer elite trackers than you think :wtinfoil: I just don't use a VPN myself, so I don't have to worry (and thus learn) about if and when they're acceptable.

anon
29.04.19, 05:29
Currently working on an updated version of my secure Opera profile; perhaps the last one, as it hasn't changed a lot since 2017 and Opera doesn't really work on modern Web sites anymore.

anon
01.05.19, 04:13
Okies, here you are.

Changes (vs. the official build and my previous profile)

The "profile" is now based on the x86 version of the browser (the only performance difference vs. x64 was increased memory usage).
The certificate store is preloaded with Let's Encrypt and a few root CAs that are necessary to browse the Web nowadays, but weren't included by default.
TLS cipher suites that are known to be insecure and/or don't provide forward secrecy are disabled.
The list of keyboard shortcuts has been considerably trimmed.
vlink4.dat is now read-only, because it somehow kept recording visited pages even if history was turned off.
Tab stacking has been disabled.
The User-Agent string for Opera doesn't include "WoW64" when running on a 64-bit version of Windows.
The User-Agent strings for "Mask as IE" and "Mask as Firefox" have been updated.
A large chunk of call-homes to Opera servers has been removed. Note that this breaks some functionality (see below).
Access to the Opera Turbo, Unite, Sync and Dragonfly features has been removed from the interface.
The latest public_domains.dat (public suffix list) as of April 28th, 2019 is included (but I still haven't done enough research to know if it's used at all).
Settings in operaprefs.ini are sorted alphabetically.
The Qrobe search engine has been removed.
DuckDuckGo no longer redirects to the basic HTML version.
Certificate Revocation Lists and OCSP are both turned off as neither provides an ideal solution (OCSP does not hard fail when no response is received and thus can be easily thwarted by an attacker; the same is true of CRLs and they cause lockups when visiting secure sites due to their large size).

Known issues

Opera Turbo, Unite, Dragonfly, Link, the online certificate store, crash reporter and probably others are made non-functional by the call-home removal.
HTTPS sites with EV certificates don't have a green icon in the address bar, but the regular yellow one. This doesn't affect security or functionality.
HTTPS sites with Starfield-issued certificates sometimes display certificate errors, even though Starfield is in the trusted CA store.
There is no hostname removal patch for the x86 version, so saving a page as MHTML will store your adapter's IP in the file headers.

Note: this is not a general-purpose browser. It trades functionality for security and speed. Most sites won't work at all out of the box, since JavaScript and cookies are disabled; you'll need to add exceptions for whatever you want to visit. Plugins are supported but discouraged. Extensions are unsupported due to the lack of JavaScript; it's possible to add support using an ugly workaround, but most of them are useless anyway.

Removed Opera 12.18.rar (11.83 MB). I no longer consider it secure. Please delete the file if you still have a copy.

cloud99
04.11.20, 17:43
Hi there to @all,
I plan to register multiple accounts on TL while the signups are still open to test my emulation files. What are the bits of advice you can give me beforehand? Yes, I have read the first post and five pages following it and will be reading more. I ask for advice from those who hold multiple accounts on this tracker.
If you happen to be one of those people I am referring to, what can you tell me about managing them? I'm happy to get information on this thread or via personal message if you prefer that.
Even if you don't happen to be one of those people I am referring to, I would like your take on it. Know this that I would appreciate any help as long as it lies in the subject matter.
~cloud99
Update:- Signed up for five different accounts using a different browser and IP. Will start testing out the emulation files now.

anon
05.11.20, 23:52
I plan to register multiple accounts on TL while the signups are still open to test my emulation files. What are the bits of advice you can give me beforehand?

Update:- Signed up for five different accounts using a different browser and IP. Will start testing out the emulation files now.

Looks like I'm late here :gninja: Anyway, as long as you follow the basic steps you'll be fine. Source: I used to have three active accounts on TL, one of which was also shared; they never got banned.

cloud99
06.11.20, 01:02
one of which was also shared
Did the person your share your account with somehow use the same IP as you? Was this a thing? I ask because the announces I plan out to send out will differ at some point of time if I am not careful.
Also, yes I written down all the data relating to these 5 accounts and kept it safe. I've disabled automatic updates in those browsers. And ticked the option to drop all internet activity on my VPN when the VPN disconnects.
~cloud99

anon
06.11.20, 01:08
Did the person your share your account with somehow use the same IP as you?

No, we were in different countries and used our regular addresses.

faltu
31.08.21, 17:30
If I move to another country, I'm guessing IP is no longer an issue?

Also do these trackers have a way of tracking you through your laptop too? Like a network card or MAC address something? Do I need to get a new laptop?

sigduwksnsksis9283
31.08.21, 20:50
Also do these trackers have a way of tracking you through your laptop too? Like a network card or MAC address something? Do I need to get a new laptop?

no, as long as you don't sign in to the site or stay connected to their irc or seed any torrents actively in that (n) tracker or anything that is related to them. i got new accounts after i changed my isp just changed the browsers details and it all worked out.

faltu
01.09.21, 04:26
no, as long as you don't sign in to the site or stay connected to their irc or seed any torrents actively in that (n) tracker or anything that is related to them. i got new accounts after i changed my isp just changed the browsers details and it all worked out.

I didn't get you. You mean you changed your ISP and changed your browser from say Chrome to Firefox?

anon
01.09.21, 12:11
If I move to another country, I'm guessing IP is no longer an issue?

Correct, but the other stuff is still relevant.

Haha, no. The MAC address thing is a myth. And if you needed to buy a new computer every time you want to create a dupe, DarkSaibot would own enough processing power to run the Matrix :weirdo:

Anyway, I've been meaning to make some updates to the first post for a while, since its age shows somewhat ("Google Chrome 4", "What.cd and x264"). But if you think about it in terms of tasks to do rather than exact steps to follow, you'll be fine.

faltu
01.09.21, 12:32
Correct, but the other stuff is still relevant.

Haha, no. The MAC address thing is a myth. And if you needed to buy a new computer every time you want to create a dupe, DarkSaibot would own enough processing power to run the Matrix :weirdo:

Anyway, I've been meaning to make some updates to the first post for a while, since its age shows somewhat ("Google Chrome 4", "What.cd and x264"). But if you think about it in terms of tasks to do rather than exact steps to follow, you'll be fine.

Makes sense. The reason why I asked is that I got permabanned or "IPbanned" on twitter for an inflammatory post I made. So I cleared browser history, created a new email, changed my country as I moved from the US back to India. Lo and behold I'm banned in like 5 mins after registration. I was like wtf happened. How did they find out I'm the bad guy? Luckily they gave me an option to enter my phone number and confirm my account and I was like ok I'll do it, can I login in peace now? I don't know what kinda scripts they're runnin but damn it's bad.

anon
01.09.21, 13:16
I don't know what kinda scripts they're runnin but damn it's bad.

Big mainstream services are known to suspend accounts (both new and old but especially new) that engage on any kind of "suspicious activity", in a way that often can't be distinguished from picking them at random. I lost my first Gmail from when they were invite-only that way: one day Google decided they needed to verify my identity before letting me in, and since no recovery options were available (they weren't mandatory on 2004), it was essentially equivalent to having the account closed.

anon
02.09.21, 14:47
Anyway, this is no promise, but I still want to make the aforementioned updates. I would appreciate feedback on what you all think should be added, clarified or removed. After having a quick look at the first post, I can think of at least a few points.

Editing or removing references to now-obsolete sites or procedures (e.g. cmyip.com, What.cd, Flash cookies, Extreme Mod custom ID).
Removing step-by-step instructions for programs, as those have changed (and will change) and their documentation is a better reference anyway.
Add an explanation regarding VPNs and proxies, as private trackers' stances on those are generally more permissive than 11 years ago.
Add more details about which account data trackers log, how, and for what purposes, because know thy enemy and stuff.

Unregistered
06.09.21, 10:18

yes they know everything about you, all sites with images are fingerprinting you, to know what fingerprint means you can check julesjordan with torbrowser, they will know your browser language, ram, video card, that is enough for marking you

anon
07.09.21, 07:26
Hah! I daresay most of this forum had to become acquainted with such matters by force, and very early on. So can you, if you read our extensive discussions, particularly anything posted by Renk (32755 and 34774 are good starts).

The problem is, the usual countermeasures and paradigms do not apply here. Tor Browser's primary goal is to deter individual user tracking by giving everyone an identical fingerprint, routing all traffic through Tor to make IP addresses irrelevant, and not retaining browsing data across sessions by default. However, on a private tracker, this screams "dupe or suspicious account". IPs in particular are far more entropic identifiers than on the "normal" Internet, due to the rules governing account sharing, connections from proxies and VPNs, and usage of mobile Internet (or to be precise, disallowing or heavily regulating all of them).

Basically, you need to look different from your previous identity, and simultaneously similar to an average member.

Unregistered
07.09.21, 08:53
you said they don't know mac adress, they don't need to know, they fingerprint and with this is enough for mark anyone, probability to have similar pc in your ip range is very low, maybe in big countries where the pt activity is bigger you could hide your identity but if your country have small pt activity you are done, and disable javascript is not an option because all buttons and functionality needs it

anon
08.09.21, 06:08
you said they don't know mac adress, they don't need to know, they fingerprint and with this is enough for mark anyone

But you can change your fingerprint.

maybe in big countries where the pt activity is bigger you could hide your identity but if your country have small pt activity you are done

True to an extent, but I acknowledged as much in my previous post where I mentioned IPs are considered more specific identifiers. If you were the only guy in Mozambique or the Falkland Islands with a RED account, you may need to think about potential workarounds.

faltu
12.09.21, 15:27
What if you simply format your computer? Doesn't that remove all "fingerprints" (besides hardware fingerprint)?

Also how do you know you've removed your entire fingerprint? Is there a checklist? Also is the OP comprehensive?

I wish there was a way to delete your entire account info from the given tracker's database.

anon
13.09.21, 10:47
What if you simply format your computer? Doesn't that remove all "fingerprints" (besides hardware fingerprint)?

Also how do you know you've removed your entire fingerprint? Is there a checklist? Also is the OP comprehensive?

All of this can be answered by reading posts #469 and and #471 :richter:

I wish there was a way to delete your entire account info from the given tracker's database.

I've been wishing for that since 2010, and not because I want to make dupes more easily... obviously won't happen in any case.

n1x
16.10.22, 14:09
Anyway, this is no promise, but I still want to make the aforementioned updates. I would appreciate feedback on what you all think should be added, clarified or removed. After having a quick look at the first post, I can think of at least a few points.

Editing or removing references to now-obsolete sites or procedures (e.g. cmyip.com, What.cd, Flash cookies, Extreme Mod custom ID).
Removing step-by-step instructions for programs, as those have changed (and will change) and their documentation is a better reference anyway.
Add an explanation regarding VPNs and proxies, as private trackers' stances on those are generally more permissive than 11 years ago.
Add more details about which account data trackers log, how, and for what purposes, because know thy enemy and stuff.

----

I am very interested in this, as I recently got banned.

Main thing I d be interested to know is which account data trackers log, how and for what purposes. For example if I had a seedbox, would it be wise to change that too, and do seedboxes re-use ips, so would someone else potentially have issues with my ip later on, which is obviously something I would not want.

And obviously all the new ways trackers would be able to link me to my past account.

anon
16.10.22, 16:12
I am very interested in this

As you can see, you're apparently the only one... anyway, check these out.

https://ibb.co/album/G9zyxK
https://0bin.net/paste/myvM+9xN#2jetmG3G6MnPvHg0dhqoBFBLFFWcUmMzcvyjQmqVj Vh
https://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21038
https://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21039
https://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21040

n1x
17.10.22, 17:29
the amount of plain text data retained is wild, this was really informative. I’m sure there’s more people interested. They must be just paranoid of posting. I’ll keep an eye out if you ever have the energy to update the starting post with the newest info and recommendations.

n1x
24.10.22, 17:47
I know anon (is / might be / who knows ?) working on an updated version of the guide specific to reregistering on trackers, but as I m going through the motion of learning that stuff myself, I have also been very curious about minimizing my digital footprint, which in turn helps with anonymity while torrenting and the likes.

If you want to start your journey into digital privacy, here are the steps and recommended resources I have found :

1. THREAT MODELING - this means, looking into your desired level of privacy for each part of your life, I d recommend looking at the tutorial first and then checking out the tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZRhboZhfI
2. [The New Oil](https://thenewoil.org/threatmodel.html)
3. [Your Security Plan ](https://ssd.eff.org/en/module/your-security-plan)

2. GO AND DELETE + SLIM DOWN YOUR ACCOUNTS - this steps is a drag. Basically you will probably want to check if any of your emails / phones got leaked via [Have I Been Pwned](https://haveibeenpwned.com) and then, depending on the level of leak, change passwords if they have been used in other places and eliminate the emails that have leaked. Also going into each account and only give the information the account needs, and eventually delete said accounts and / or if you live in EU, you will be able to email the company directly and ask to be deleted from their database. The link below is a helpful place to see a lot of accounts and how to delete them all at once.
1. [Just Delete Me](https://justdeleteme.xyz)

3. WHAT EMAIL PROVIDER - open an account with a private, secure email provider like [Tutanota](https://tutanota.com) or [Proton](https://proton.me) make sure you have different ones set up depending on your threat level and the way you want to use them, for example you might want an email specific for online shopping / services and another one social media, etc..

4. WHAT BROWSER - In my opinion, having a few browser that are used for different purposes would be a good idea here. Recommended browsers are Tor, Firefox, Brave, Safari (in this order). Make sure you download the latest versions, and follow guides to harden your browser, here are two excellent ones for [Arkenfox (Firefox)](https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js/) and [Brave Browser](https://anonymousplanet.org/guide.html#brave-1). Following that, the recommended modern extensions to install are the following ones:
1. https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock (MUST INSTALL)
2. [Skip Redirect ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/skip-redirect/) (MUST INSTALL)
3. [LocalCDN](https://www.localcdn.org) (MUST INSTALL)
4. [CanvasBlocker ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/) (OPTIONAL)
5. [Header Editor ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/header-editor/)(OPTIONAL)
6. [Firefox Multi-Account Containers ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/)(OPTIONAL)
7. [Request Control ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/requestcontrol/)(OPTIONAL)
8. [Redirector ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/redirector/)(OPTIONAL)
9. [Smart Referer ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/smart-referer/)(OPTIONAL)
10. [Behave! ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/behave/)(OPTIONAL)
11. [Extension source viewer ? Get this Extension for ?? Firefox (en-US)](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/crxviewer/)(OPTIONAL)

5. PASSWORD MANAGER - While this step isn?t *technically* privacy related, properly securing accounts can lead to much better privacy by reducing the amount of data leaks and hacks you experience as a result of stolen or leaked credentials. Password managers make it extremely simple to manage usernames and passwords across all of the sites and apps you use, without needing to re-use password (or username or email!) in order to remember them, recommended ones are:
1. [Bitwarden](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bitwarden-password-manager/)
2. [KeePassXC Password Manager](https://keepassxc.org)

6. SEARCH ENGINE - This step can seem extremely annoying at first as none of the privacy-preserving search engines are quite as fast or complete as simply using Google, but the data you provide to a search engine tells *a lot* about you, and removing that data point is a key step towards reducing your digital footprint. Each of the alternatives have some key pros and cons, and are really up to personal choice ? I?d recommend trying them each for a day or more as your default and see what solution fits you best:
1. https://search.brave.com - Brave is building their own search engine from the ground up instead of just proxying results from Google or Microsoft.
2. [Searx](https://searx.github.io/searx/)
3. [whoogle](https://github.com/benbusby/whoogle-search)

7. VPN PROVIDERS - VPNs often get a bad rap as there are *so many* malicious and predatory VPN providers out there with tons of money throwing around bad advertisements. Using a non-logging and trustworthy VPN is a great way to shift the trust from your network provider (home ISP, mobile carrier, etc.) to a 3rd-party you trust more than them (and that don?t have your personal information or address). When selecting a VPN it?s *extremely* important that you do your own research and come to your own conclusions, here is a resource to do so :
1. [Techlore | VPN Chart](https://techlore.tech/vpn)

8. DESKTOP OS - If you are on mac, there is an awesome tool for virtualization [UTM | Virtual machines for Mac](https://mac.getutm.app)

anon
25.10.22, 20:41
Oops, almost missed this. Unfortunately (and as I said on post #471), a lot of advice from privacy guides does not apply in this context, due to the intricacies of the torrent world. You'll have to either compromise or not use private trackers. Also, here's another link for you to read.

The only places whose logging policy aimed to protect staff and users were UK-T, TS and OT. The first took it to its logical extreme and self-destructed as soon as trouble became imminent; the others closed for unrelated reasons.

n1x
25.10.22, 21:45
Oops, almost missed this. Unfortunately (and as I said on post #471), a lot of advice from privacy guides does not apply in this context, due to the intricacies of the torrent world. You'll have to either compromise or not use private trackers. Also, here's another link for you to read.

The only places whose logging policy aimed to protect staff and users were UK-T, TS and OT. The first took it to its logical extreme and self-destructed as soon as trouble became imminent; the others closed for unrelated reasons.

I am aware of some of the limitation, I feel like I wrote that as a memorandum for myself and it kinda fit in the conversation, but not as a guide as it does not really pertain trackers per se, and I was a bit sad not using it for anything. But thanks for your pointers, they are always welcome as I m still learning a lot.

anon
26.10.22, 00:38
And there is indeed a lot to be learned, nya.

http://thgtoallkcxrdv37u6knsc3pumk6cq6lqmcqlw3j5vkmyahkxi ve4jyd.onion/

kebegim
06.11.22, 14:11
Hey mate, Recently my Torrentleech account got disabled. does Torrentleech log my SeedBox IP address?

Should i change Seedbox IP or just changing Home IP Address is enough?

Ban Reason: Trading or selling (but i didn't sell or trade the invite)

anon
06.11.22, 18:53
does Torrentleech log my SeedBox IP address?

Act as if the answer was yes, and you won't have to worry about this :gsmile:

chameleon
03.04.23, 21:37
Interesting topic. I don't and never have cheated my ratio unless using a seedbox is considered cheating. Long story short; years ago I got my password manager leaked leading to a ban on an elite private tracker (the asshole tried connecting from another country). This engendered a ban on a few sister trackers. Couldn't get most of these accounts reactivated on their IRC, they said it was my fault and that I should have taken more precautions.

Few months ago I've got back into torrent and started in easy access trackers like Blu, IPT, etc. I made some friends and made my way through better trackers which I've contributed to giving me access to inviting forums. From my experience on elite trackers there's not much room for error and no one knows what could happen. I'm afraid of wasting all my efforts a second time so Id like to future proof my accounts so they'll never be linked. @anon wrote in this post that he would containerize the most important trackers but haven't shared exactly how to.

Since it's prohibited to use Tor browser on many elite trackers or that it could later be the case, how could I afford one residential static IP for each tracker when the cheapest I found is roughly $100/year. If I have PTP, BTN, RED and GGN, that would be $400 per year for these 4 only.

For the torrent client it would be easy to setup different bittorrent clients combined with different IPs from a VPN provider. It's not a problem to use different IP addresses since they're shared but to my knowledge it's not possible to port forward on shared IP addresses, at least for the VPN provider I use. I understand that the people on this forum may not care about being connectable but since I don't cheat it's an issue for me. Again to overcome this I would need 4 VPN residential static IP addresses.

For the trackers that let you use a VPN for browsing, I could register at a different address I have access to and then from home browse the site with Tor. For the trackers that doesn't let you, I would have to use a unique browser with a VPN each having their own residential IP address.

And what about the occasional seedbox I use. It's a shared IP but with 4 or more accounts I guess they could find a pattern. Should I change the provider and location of my seedbox for the different trackers? How do you guys do it? Again this would engenders more cost in the end.

I guess paying such an amount of money would work but it's expensive and maybe Id be better subscribing to Netflix.

Are there VPN providers with cheaper residential static IPs? Is there another way to do this?

DataOverfl0w
08.04.23, 20:41
To me it sounds like your past bad experiences make you way too cautious. As long as you don't cheat, invite other users or accept invites from other users and only join trackers through official recruitment threads, you should have no issues. I don't think you should be spending so much money on this, if you have that kind of money, just use some streaming services or buy a decent vpn and use public trackers.
I recommend you to just simply use your trackers and don't waste money and time on all this. If you happen to get banned for some reasons, you can always restart and even elite trackers open their gates lately.

anon
09.04.23, 01:17
As long as you don't cheat, invite other users or accept invites from other users and only join trackers through official recruitment threads, you should have no issues.

The first paragraph of his post indicates otherwise, as does my experience. People can and do lose their accounts over stupid things that aren't even within their control, like nickname matches, being in the same DHCP pool as a banned member or having their profile page visited by the "wrong" people. It's easier and faster for staff, and you won't get the benefit of doubt unless your site record is prolific in some way. Not breaking the rules and keeping your head down and mouth shut are effective measures in the sense that you don't take additional risks, but there are no guarantees at any time.

PS: I hope "should I spend more than 400 USD a year on static IPs, VPNs and seedboxes so I can continue downloading from elite trackers" wasn't a real question...

DataOverfl0w
10.04.23, 20:16
People can and do lose their accounts over stupid things that aren't even within their control, like nickname matches, being in the same DHCP pool as a banned member or having their profile page visited by the "wrong" people.

That sounds horrible, I hope it's not that common. But I agree, minimizing the risks in the aforementioned way is a terrible choice.

zey0r
19.10.23, 12:26
Getting banned is like getting caught cheating. It breaks your heart and you feel like it wasn't your fault. But at the end it doesn't matter. Like everyone at some point in their life have heard the phase "Nothing is meant to last forever"

However, that's a lot of useful info in this thread. Thank you all!