PDA

View Full Version : [Software] [TF]Game Developers Skeptical About Ubisoft’s New DRM

Vation
07.02.10, 00:28
Last week the gaming giant Ubisoft announced their latest DRM invention. In order to play purchased games customers have to be connected to the Internet at all times. Game developers are skeptical of this new anti-piracy solution, but could it actually be a step in the right direction?

reading:
Game Developers Skeptical About Ubisoft’s New DRM | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/game-developers-skeptical-abou-ubisofts-new-drm-100206/)

SBfreak
07.02.10, 00:51
Bad idea.Eventually these anti-piracy measures will be cracked.

saebrtooth
08.02.10, 12:47
Its been done b4 to a similar extent just look at online registration. the check at the start of the code can be removed. Even if they place checks all thoughout the program they too can be removed. But legit non hacked game might slow the software so much customers will complain definitely complain if the latter is in place.

If its a server check think of how much data needs to go through their servers, it will be like playing a mmorpg game. If its just an access check then it would be simpler to counter act. in both cases an server emulator can be made to fool the game if the checks are not cracked and removed.

SBfreak
08.02.10, 13:17
Its been done b4 to a similar extent just look at online registration. the check at the start of the code can be removed. Even if they place checks all thoughout the program they too can be removed. But legit non hacked game might slow the software so much customers will complain definitely complain if the latter is in place.

If its a server check think of how much data needs to go through their servers, it will be like playing a mmorpg game. If its just an access check then it would be simpler to counter act. in both cases an server emulator can be made to fool the game if the checks are not cracked and removed.

Yes but who will do all that.The only active gaming group I've seen in the last few months were Razor and SKIDROW.I haven't heard anything of skullptura or others.The game piracy is going down.
Remember how much it took for L4D2 to be cracked??? Like 2 months.

saebrtooth
08.02.10, 13:55
Im a patient guy hehe

slikrapid
08.02.10, 14:56
Yes but who will do all that.The only active gaming group I've seen in the last few months were Razor and SKIDROW.I haven't heard anything of skullptura or others.The game piracy is going down.
Remember how much it took for L4D2 to be cracked??? Like 2 months.

lets wait and see what happens - the scene will try whatever they can in order to keep their reputation - somehow i doubt that a game protection effort by some gaming company will pose a significant obstacle, judging by the past, so far every protection has been evaded in one way or another (for the tougher ones it just took longer with a few repacks, fixes,...)

as for L4D2, afaik the game developers made errors which caused crashes, which were? solved after some patches (hence the delay)
btw, did you check this one (under other notes):

http://www.nfohump.com/index.php?switchto=nfos&menu=quicknav&item=viewnfo&id=143249

The only active gaming group I've seen in the last few months were Razor and SKIDROW

come on now, use the same site as above, just choose any of the following:

# PC Game Rips
# PC Game ISOs
# PC Game Rip Patches
# PC Game Dox
# PC Game Addons

under ISOs, you will see a number of groups being active as always - the reason why there was a slowdown during new year period is simply because rarely any game was released at that time

SBfreak
08.02.10, 15:11
lets wait and see what happens - the scene will try whatever they can in order to keep their reputation -
It has it's own self defense mechanism:happy:

somehow i doubt that a game protection effort by some gaming company will pose a significant obstacle, judging by the past, so far every protection has been evaded in one way or another (for the tougher ones it just took longer with a few repacks, fixes,...)

I think the developers know that they're game will be pirated.Hence,the only reason why they add protection is to slow piracy and make gamers buy the game before it's pirated.
as for L4D2, afaik the game developers made errors which caused crashes, which were? solved after some patches (hence the delay)
There were like 5 versions floating around the web ,each with different cracking method.I ended up using a torrent with the cracking method of another.
Btw thanks for the site:thumbsup: