PDA

View Full Version : [TF] LG Shows How To Play Pirated Movies On TV

Vation
06.02.10, 01:04
LG Shows How To Play Pirated Movies On TV
Written by Ernesto on February 05, 2010

Some of the newer LG TVs have USB support, allowing consumers to hook up an external drive to their screen in order to view photos, listen to music, or enjoy a movie. In the manual that comes with these devices, LG doesn’t try to hide the most popular use for this feature as they show customers how to play a pirated movie.

further reading:
LG Shows How To Play Pirated Movies On TV | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/lg-shows-how-to-play-pirated-movies-on-tv-100205/)

SealLion
06.02.10, 01:49
very interesinting, I think.

but I think that also the guy who promo'd this thing for LG forgot to check to see what kind of movies he's demo'ing:

.....Whether the pirated films were included intentionally is unknown, we expect that a company employee simply downloaded the movies off a file-sharing service out of habit or convenience.

He's not the 1st either, most obviously.
But if the company doesn't care, then most likely this is one of already made small steps to recognizing that bittorrent is here to stay. Bittorrent may have thier critics, and they're entitled to thier opinions. but I'm glad that even well known company's like LG are even presenting this kind of stuff, whether or not the company promotional officers knew of this or not.

slikrapid
06.02.10, 03:03
somehow i doubt they would make such a mistake by coincidence - imo this was done on purpose to draw attention of the consumers and get better sales - for an average company to be able to reproduce some copyrighted material or use it for some promotional purpose without fear of lawsuits it has to go through a procedure to obtain a permission - looks like lg isn't just an average company

but thats what companies do, they look for opportunities, even with questionable legality or morality (look at their advertisements to see all the nonsense they attribute to their products or brands), just to get a higher profit