PDA

View Full Version : Integrating a world time clock

Snitlev
02.02.10, 07:03
I'm happy to see that we're a global community so I can improve my crappy old school english
but unfortunately due to the different time zones not all members can be reached at a certain time. :frown:

so I figured why not integrating a world time clock like this

http://i.imagehost.org/0515/Weltzeituhr.jpg

or this part,

http://i.imagehost.org/0983/Weltzeituhr_eng.jpg

Desktop Clock, World Time, World Map and Time Zone Converter (http://www.programming.de/)

that way one could know better when to reach a certain member.

I'm looking forward to reading your feedback :top:

PS. thx, for translate from german to english @instab :top:

best regards

anon
02.02.10, 16:58
I hate clocks! :biggrin:

Personally it wouldn't bother me as long as it can be toggled off.

But don't forget there's TimeAndDate.com...

SBfreak
02.02.10, 17:15
This implementation would be nice.Looking forward to it.

cheatos
02.02.10, 17:18
i'd love to see something like that but as anon said, if i can turn that off [for me OR/AND for all members] it will be perfect as i don't want others/guests to know my country because i'm a little paranoid :biggrin:

Blocker
02.02.10, 19:31
It would be a good feature at the site

Add it!

saebrtooth
03.02.10, 01:05
Its a good idea, however, how would this work? Would everyone have access to each others timezones? If so then wouldnt that reduce our anonmity just that little bit more to the outside world? As anyone could become guest and anyone can register as nonmember they will know roughly our geolographical location.

As long as we can maintain high anonmity and at the same time give better usuability of the forum I give 100% support :wink:

Instab
03.02.10, 01:12
Its a good idea, however, how would this work? Would everyone have access to each others timezones? If so then wouldnt that reduce our anonmity just that little bit more to the outside world? As anyone could become güst and anyone can register as nonmember they will know roughly our geolographical location.

that's a point. this site honors security and anonymity. therefore the members are not able to see where someone is from unless he/she would include it into his/her profile voluntarily hence some doubt remains whether this would be very useful or not ...

Collector
03.02.10, 02:04
I am using, @ What.CD, Paranoia level 5 (Tinfoil Hat), so... I think it isn't safe. :tongue:

alpacino
03.02.10, 06:42
I am using, @ What.CD, Paranoia level 5 (Tinfoil Hat), so... I think it isn't safe. :tongue:

You should be safe from some informers snitching on you, but for staffers it would be more suspicious, since you are hiding something.

Vation
03.02.10, 09:30
For this forum clocks it would be in my opinion unnecessary and maybe excessive usage of resources

SBfreak
03.02.10, 11:59
Well I thought of it like something secondary:

Enjoying your lunch break, SBfreak?
48 Unread Posts since your last visit.
You last visited: Today at 01:41
Forum time right now is: xx:Xx
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

anon
03.02.10, 17:26

I'm using that too, but there's no paranoia level for staff members or users with the "can override paranoia" privilege.

bizzzar
03.02.10, 20:07
I think these clocks would be useful only for small amount of users

Instab
04.02.10, 00:18
Well I thought of it like something secondary:

not bad. but it wouldn't exactly match snitlev's idea.

SBfreak
04.02.10, 00:21
That thing would use too much bandwith.Plus I don't see any reason for adding a clock widget to the site just for the looks.:confused2:

shadowww
04.02.10, 02:27
I hate clocks! :biggrin:

Makes us 2.