PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Hacked ??!

xixifrank
08.01.10, 04:09
video: GFWTube (http://hloli.appspot.com/gfwtube/B9aeIaGnXqU/1099d7/)

↑↑↑ oops..if you can't open this link,then use this one.

ZPack for PS3教学手册_在线视频观看_土豆网视频 PS3 ZPACK

Z-Pack group official site: Zpack Playstation 3 Backup System for PS3 (http://zpack.brainchip.biz/)

http://f.imagehost.org/0135/1_81.jpg

http://f.imagehost.org/0648/2_22.jpg

http://f.imagehost.org/0545/3_17.jpg

http://i.imagehost.org/0451/4_21.jpg

Zpack is the first working Backup System for Playstation3. It was especially designed for Playstation Cafes across the world to avoid damaging your original game disk and beware them to be stolen by customers. You will not need the original disk to play your PS3 games anymore just start any game you have directly from your external hard disk.

================================================== =====

Q:Can I use more than one external hard disk for backups on one PS3?
A:Yes, you can have e.g. one ex.hd for your games and another for your HD movies.

Q:After Installing Zpack my PS3 is freezing, I can backup and play games without problems but the PS3 clock is showing sometimes the wrong time/wrong date and things like that?
A:Yes, while installing and using Zpack the PS3 OS is "slowed down" (Asymmetric Scheduling is changing) The Zpack USB Dongle is taking Control of scheduling and of the resources. We noticed the problem with the PS3 clock and controller assignment. But when you mount your games everything will be working. Tip: after installation - while turning on your PS3 with Zpack disconnect your ext. hard disk.

Q:Can I play online when I start the games from my external hard disk?
A:Yes, all PS3 games on your external hard disk can be played online.

Q:Can I edit/upload Data from the Zpack disk or from the USB Dongle?
A:No, please don't upload anything regarding the Zpack Backup System. We just want to stay in the background and give our customers the service they need. Use it for your PS3 cafe or personal but don't share anything about Zpack.

Q:How many PS3 game Backups can I make on a 1 Terabyte external hard disk?
A:It depends on the games you choose. Approximately 45-55 Games or Blue rays (film).

Q;After installing Zpack using my external hard disk all data were erased on the ext. hard disk?
A;Don't use ext. Hard disks with important data for PS3 Backups. As we also mentioned in the Installing guide coming to you with your Zpack we recommend using a completely empty external hard disk because it will be formatted. Use a recovery tool to rescue data when your data is deleted.

Q:Which payment methods do you accept?
A:We accept Paypal, Moneybookers and Paysafe Card.

Q:Can I make backup of games which I don`t own ?
A:NO, we don`t want our Zpack to be misused and will report any misuse immediately. This system was designed for Playstation Cafes to prevent the original disks from damages and scratches.

Q:Is it Illegal to use Zpack?
A:Zpack in use with the games you have bought is not illegal (depending to your country). You should not tell everybody about your Zpack System. Don't misuse the Zpack system and backup games you don't have bought.

Q:Can I start a copy (blue ray Disk) of a PS3 game with Zpack ?
A:Yes, just choose the option OUNT MEDIA?to run your copies.

Q:Can I install the software on two different PS3?
A:Yes you can install it on different systems but only the system with the USB dongle will be able to mount the game images from your external hard disk.

Q:Do I need Linux for Installation?
A:No, if you have Linux on you PS3 Zpack will not work. You need to reinstall the original firmware. The Installation Process of Zpack is easy just follow the steps and Zpack will work properly.

Q:Which Firmware do I need on my PS3 to Install Zpack?
A:Zpack is working with all original PS3 Firmware. (tested up to firmware 3.15)

Q:Is Zpack working on the PS3 Slim?
A:Yes, order the Zpack for PS3 slim.

Q:Do I need Internet for Zpack Installation?
A:No, you donn't need Internet for installation.

Q:You are using XP Installer for installation. Can I install other windwos apps?
A:No, the look of the installer is just a grafik we used to confuse some guys which tried to get behind the Zpack System. You'll see that the buttons on the right corner have no function. we are working on new apps, which were specially designed for Zpack. Don't try to install anything.

Q:Can I Make a Copy of the USB Dongle?
A:No, please don'y connect the USB Dongle to a USB port of a PC or MAC. The USB Dongle will be destroyed, especially when you have Anti Virus and Firewall running. Please handle the USB Dongle with care. In cases where we can proof that the Dongle was connected to a PC or MAC, we will not make an exchange in order of damage.

Q:Why do you have so long shipping times?
A:First of all we have a lot of orders and we are working really hard to send all orders as soon as possible. We are not shipping from USA. According to your country the shipping can last 6-9 days.

Q:Can I sell Zpack in the country I am living?
A:Yes, in order for those running a business and want to earn money with Zpack we have Zpack reseller packages.

alpacino
08.01.10, 05:44
Interesting news, hoping this is not a hoax or something.
Their official site seems to have run out of allowed traffic. No surprise.

especially designed for Playstation Cafes across the world to avoid damaging your original game disk and beware them to be stolen by customersYeah, sure boss, what's next? To save your laser beam from wearing out? :eek13:

simexi
28.01.10, 11:42
I wonder which one is real deal, that Zpack or..
PS3: Hacked | DigitalFoundry (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3hacked-article)

GotIt
28.01.10, 11:57
Yeah Ps3 got hacked by Georgie Hotz. Now we can play pirated games :biggrin:

SBfreak
28.01.10, 13:14
It was only a matter of time ya know...

shoulder
28.01.10, 13:14
It's not that advanced yet. :tongue:

alpacino
29.01.10, 01:10
It seems the guy found an exploit so far, now he published his findings, so that others can explore it more.

Instab
29.01.10, 01:25
strange that the ps3 has been unmodded that long

hontoCorti
29.01.10, 01:37
Quite good security system...

alpacino
29.01.10, 02:05
Or maybe the low interest, or the not so big install base? Just some thoughts.

Instab
29.01.10, 02:06
yeah, frankly there's just a hand full games i would like to have for the ps3

Empoleon
29.01.10, 06:38
I wonder how reliable this actually is, its been a long time coming.

Saying that, the PS3 has been harder to crack than a bank vault, wonder if Sony might release a patch of some kind to combat this possible issue.

GotIt
29.01.10, 08:24
wonder if Sony might release a patch of some kind to combat this possible issue.

It'll eventually get modded again; I believe nothing is unmod-able. This site is a testament to that.

I think it took so long because even if you did hack it, blurays are still huge files to download, and buying a pirated bluray copy is still not so cheap.

kazuya
29.01.10, 14:18
would be cool if it was hacked on beginning but now it's to late i think,i spend to much money on my PC to go for PS3 now

anon
29.01.10, 17:16
wonder if Sony might release a patch of some kind to combat this possible issue.

I guess you can expect a firmware update to be out soon.

saebrtooth
30.01.10, 13:46
I guess you can expect a firmware update to be out soon.

I wouldnt be surprised if the makers of the dongle hack would update their firmware too.

More games for all!!

Some genius just have to figure out how to make a workable emulation to work "effectivly" on the the PC so we can play copies of PS3 games :)

anon
30.01.10, 17:51
I wouldnt be surprised if the makers of the dongle hack would update their firmware too.

Yes, of course.

It happened with the PSP and will happen with the PS3.

It's a cat-and-mouse game. People like this Georgie Hotz will always be there to prove nothing is uncrackable.

mgy
01.02.10, 09:51
imagine if they can make PS3 games playable on PC. That would be the day.

dreamer1981
01.02.10, 10:21

It's would be great but only its only fantasy....

SBfreak
01.02.10, 11:58
The only possible ways to play a ps3 game on pc are:
1.have a super bad ass pc and emulate a ps3 with a emulator that even doesn't exist.
2.wait for the developer to release a pc port of the game.

alpacino
01.02.10, 17:24

Not happening anytime soon. Currently there's not even a PS2 emulator that works good, and newer systems have tightened their security to defeat emulation attempts.

SBfreak
01.02.10, 17:27
Well..there is PCSX2.net - News (http://pcsx2.net/).
I could emulate Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 with it.Took a while but it was worth it.

alpacino
01.02.10, 17:36
I didn't say there aren't PS2 emulators. But there's no one that can emulate it satisfactorily at the moment without having like you said a "super bad ass pc" and the emulated games are just a handful.

Charlie9er
03.02.10, 01:07
Georgie Hotz's released what he's found so far for other to carry it on. (check his blog), I wouldn't get any hopes up for playing copied games anytime soon, its still wayyyyyyy of, but I guess at least its progress.

bizzzar
03.02.10, 19:57
This hack doesn't give any profit, as the main security system wasn't bypassed, and we don't know if it would be.

dreamer
04.02.10, 21:00
I think we need to take a few guys that really know a thing or two about the Sony PS3 and just make it their work to hack it..
like.. build them a website and everyone should donate at least 10$ to them and it will be like a real job so they will eventually hack it if they put all their time to it!!

overall I think it's better for Sony that the PS3 is hacked cause then I will get one! :P

cheatos
06.02.10, 09:55
The exploit GHotz released is nothing but a 'way' to run homebrew code in the PS3,
he left removing Disk- checking security for else people, he don't want to get in legal trouble..
check the exploit here:

ps3:exploits [psDevWiki] (http://wiki.ps2dev.org/ps3:exploits)
http://geohot.com/ps3_exploit.zip

jacksbi
06.02.10, 13:15
i think its difficult to hack ps3 though it is hacked there will be firmware update.

i hope there will be no restrictions if it is hacked.

jxl
06.02.10, 14:14
i wonder how long till the hack is widely available :)

d00d
06.02.10, 17:57
i wonder how long till the hack is widely available :)

lets hope soon :]

lazarus
21.03.10, 14:35
Xorloser's XorHack has been out for a while... makes geohots exploit more user friendly and reliable!

Read the full entry here: XorHack v2.0: The Updated PS3 Exploit Toolkit xorloser抯 blog (http://xorloser.com/?p=297#more-297)

cheers;)

dreamer
21.03.10, 16:16
where are the genius dudes that will make a useful thing out of this linux on ps3 thing already?!

Bios Killer
02.06.10, 15:01
If it's true, then I hope to get it soon :/

saebrtooth
02.06.10, 15:41
Just order from china and get it right away ;)

tokiodrift1
02.06.10, 15:49
Even if it get hacked, there is no reason to prefer it.
BD-Disks are too expensive and their ISOs are too large (like 28 gb/per disk).

Bios Killer
02.06.10, 16:05
True, I still prefer dl dvds for xbox360

dreamer
03.06.10, 13:08
BluRay discs will be real cheap soon.. same s*** with DVDs back in the day.
bluray players are already being offered in much lower costs than before!

tokiodrift1
03.06.10, 13:51
IMHO, there is no future for Blu-Ray-Disks (BD-R)
for general users too many copy protections and limitations (DL per Disk around 40gb-->Movies), and
power users will always prefer MKVs.

dreamer
03.06.10, 14:29
so..? what's wrong with big mkvs in BD-Rs ?
it's like making a big XviD avi and burning it to a DVDR
and the copy protections, well they are in the players, not in the discs.. and yeah that'll be a problem but workarounds are always to be found!

thecoolest
03.06.10, 15:29
ps3 was alredy hacked..as i know..my frn was using it for more than 6 months..also it costs little more than ordinary ps3..but still works..thats great..

anon
03.06.10, 15:53
BluRay discs will be real cheap soon..

When they invent a disc that can hold 100x as much as Blu-Rays do now :biggrin:

tokiodrift1
03.06.10, 16:19
so..? what's wrong with big mkvs in BD-Rs ?
it's like making a big XviD avi and burning it to a DVDR
and the copy protections, well they are in the players, not in the discs.. and yeah that'll be a problem but workarounds are always to be found!

Its all about getting the stuff, it may be fine for general data backup purposes, but if you need it for DL-ing real blu-ray-movies, its hard because of the large amount (GB) per disk, its not worth, better stay at mkv-containers, and the high-efficient h.264-codec.
Furthermore there are not that much sources for raw-bluray-movies.

saebrtooth
03.06.10, 16:27
I think every1 would like BD to go down but as long as the GB/$ is many more times than DVDs its not going to happen anytime soon. When the cost of materials and not of processes become more costly then we may see a turn around

tokiodrift1
03.06.10, 16:32
Yeah right, if you would go for the best deal regarding gb/$ , then still a good-old HDD is a good option.
AFAIK, even a 2,5"-Drive is a cheap way to store your data.

dreamer
03.06.10, 18:47
there's no doubt about the efficiency of Hard Disk Drives.. while normal BD-R can be used once, HDDs are usable for a long period of time.

When they invent a disc that can hold 100x as much as Blu-Rays do now :biggrin:

well not really.. I remember DVDs costing really really cheap even before the HD-DVD and BD-R war..

hellman
03.06.10, 19:45
It's not that advanced yet. :tongue:

its just the beginnning .. everything starts slowly my friend:biggrin:

just wait a year it will get advance..

i'm happy ... when it will reach market .. i'll think of buying it:biggrin:

SBfreak
03.06.10, 19:49
I've always wondered.
We cheat on trackers..we get banned.
Won't you get caught by using this kind of hack or any other?

anon
03.06.10, 19:50
I don't think you'll go unpunished. Just look at what happens to Xbox Live users that are caught using a modded console.

SBfreak
03.06.10, 19:53
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Wait..what happened to xbox users?

anon
03.06.10, 19:54
They get banned from online multiplayer.

SBfreak
03.06.10, 19:55
Considering so many games are based more on multiplayer than SP these days that's really bad..

cheatos
03.06.10, 19:57
they get their consoles banned from LIVE, (not the account or sometimes..arr it depends)
not only that, before April update you can get your harddisk blocked, but after it you get your hardisk back .

but in both cases you lose the ability to create certified content thus rendering your profile corrupted, and you will lose all your game saves.

oh not to forget you lose warranty if you have an official xbox repair center.

tokiodrift1
03.06.10, 22:40
If your box is working and you're able to play backups, it should be fine. ;)

jas32096
04.06.10, 01:10
i don't have a ps3 i have an xbox that i'm trying to hack well to actually but i think i might get a ps3 to looking for tips to hack it when i get it

Instab
04.06.10, 01:14
i don't have a ps3 i have an xbox that i'm trying to hack well to actually but i think i might get a ps3 to looking for tips to hack it when i get it

could you elaborate?

saebrtooth
04.06.10, 02:31
ud be better off waiting for the professional ps3 modding kit to come out otherwise test modding might kill ur console

dreamer
04.06.10, 09:24
seems like it's taking forever... I'm not even sure they're still trying to hack it.
seems like it's X360 for the next few years lol

kazuya
04.06.10, 09:58
when it comes, out there will already be PS4 knocking on doors. when you buy some console you can do and built in what ever you want,it's your property then,they can't punish you for that.only for selling copy games how much i know