PDA

View Full Version : System post edit/delete

willful
07.01.10, 18:06
Hi willful,

The post that you created in the following thread has been deleted

================================================== ========================
Post ID:

[url=http://174.137.52.211]Dutch This!...
Thread: torrent sites that are open for sign-up
Reason:
================================================== ========================

Ok, so I got this above private message and rightly noticed my post had been deleted. Now I'm left wondering why this was chosen to be, and therefore hereby inquire you to cure me of this state of bewilderment.

I also purpose the mods to, in the future, leave a message for the to-be affected, so he/she hopefully can skip distress similar to my current. :smile:

anon
07.01.10, 18:07
Discussion on the open signups thread is not allowed. While it's possible to send deletion reasons, I was deleting a different post at the same time and it wouldn't have made sense for the other poster to read that.

willful
07.01.10, 18:17
Discussion on the open signups thread is not allowed. While it's possible to send deletion reasons, I was deleting a different post at the same time and it wouldn't have made sense for the other poster to read that.

Oh, I see, so I'm guessing you were editing/deleting multiple posts at the same time, and that it's not possible to make unique responses to the individual posts?

Also, I checked the post by GotIt that I was responding to, and that had not been edited - my intent was to get some information from him, on if I was doing something wrong signing up, or if they had actually closed signups some hours after he had posted, and I didn't want to message him privately, as I thought it might be a good thing for everyone to know. How would you prefer me to do similar stuff to that in the future?

anon
07.01.10, 18:18
Oh, I see, so I'm guessing you were editing/deleting multiple posts at the same time, and that it's not possible to make unique responses to the individual posts?

Correct. I have to delete posts one by one otherwise.

Also, I checked the post by GotIt that I was responding to, and that had not been edited - my intent was to get some information from him, on if I was doing something wrong signing up, or if they had actually closed signups some hours after he had posted, and I didn't want to message him privately, as I thought it might be a good thing for everyone to know. How would you prefer me to do similar stuff to that in the future?

Well, the site was open when he posted, but not now. That happens.

willful
07.01.10, 18:23
Well, the site was open when he posted, but not now. That happens.

Thank you for this piece of information - that was what I was looking for. :top: