PDA

View Full Version : The Meredez Method

rudam.meredez
31.12.09, 17:22
Hey guys I was surfing around here and haven't yet seen anything like that - though I'm sure that a lot of cheater already use this sure method - so I decided to make a new thread about it, perhaps it could be a good tip for some of you.

You'll need:

- An up to date version of Vuze (get it from here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=17566)

Firstly, you may not want emulate anything other than Vuze, preferably the same version that is the one you're running.
Secondly, you should have some torrents downloaded and seeding in vuze. Here it gets better...

Just pick ONE torrent which you completed and seeding, or just anything else, and set show as seeder option on on that one.

Careful! Only use scene releases or stuff you can (and can prove) you can get elsewhere.

The main thing: show as seeder on , use swarm average speed, AND set it maximum ~90% upload speed that your ISP offer.

For example: I have a 2M/256K connection, but my ISP offers 20/10M packs too, that means ~1,25 mByte/s... So to operate safe, turn swarm average on, but make sure my up 'speed' won't reach ~1mByte/s. This way you'll NEVER be the fastest uploader in the swarm, never need to restart your torrents or use memory reader, but still you can safely and steadily cheat with decent speeds, whilst your other seeding torrents are also seeding. :klatsch_3: It might be slow, but it got me rolling on some hard-to-seed AND hard-to-cheat trackers, like waffles, x264, PTN, FTN or BitMe/TV, just to set a few examples.

Suggestions, help and mods' notes are more than welcomed, and if you may find this thread unneccessary or this is not the place to post it, please make your notices. Hope I helped a bit.

Happy new year guys and gals!
-meredez.

Instab
31.12.09, 17:27
that's nice but only safe as long as the torrent is fresh and the swarm speed can be dangerous.
on some sites/torrents the swarm speed is much higher than a single peer's upload

rudam.meredez
31.12.09, 17:30
that's nice but only safe as long as the torrent is fresh and the swarm speed can be dangerous.
on some sites/torrents the swarm speed is much higher than a single peer's upload

That's right and that's why you limit your cheating speeds to nearly the maximum your isp offers. This way - even if you would not limit anything - cause you use an AVERAGE, you can NEVER be the fastest 'seeder'. The limit is only to not become suspicious with ridiculously high speeds.

edit: and NO, it's always safe, using the swarm average to your advantage and eliminating the problem of partial seeders. Got it? ;)

anon
31.12.09, 17:34
cause you use an AVERAGE

Remember the way Vuze calculates the average swarm speeds. You may simply not be connected to the peer that can raise it from 1MB/s to 50.

Instab
31.12.09, 17:43
That's right and that's why you limit your cheating speeds to nearly the maximum your isp offers. This way - even if you would not limit anything - cause you use an AVERAGE, you can NEVER be the fastest 'seeder'. The limit is only to not become suspicious with ridiculously high speeds.

edit: and NO, it's always safe, using the swarm average to your advantage and eliminating the problem of partial seeders. Got it? ;)

i'm afraid the avg. swarm speed thing is a bit more complicated.

let's say there're 10 seeders and 3 leechers. you're one of the seeders. so the 3 leechers get all they need from 2 seedbox seeders so the avg swarm speed gös up but you aren't seeding even 1 bit.

i've seeded many torrents for real where i've never been able to reach the avg swarm speed although i'd have had the bandwidth.

rudam.meredez
31.12.09, 19:07
And that's why it's cool if you are using an actually completed torrent, so you prob'ly connect to some peers.

Mihai
31.12.09, 19:36
Using the average swarm speed will kill you.I was getting like 10Mb on a pack very old on bitmetv and there wa no action in the peerlist.Be very carefull.

Instab
31.12.09, 20:26
Using the average swarm speed will kill you.I was getting like 10Mb on a pack very old on bitmetv and there wa no action in the peerlist.Be very carefull.

indeed. noticed that myself a couple of times.

don't get me wrong, your method is nice. i'm using it on some sites, too, but it's just not suitable as a general standard way of cheating.

rudam.meredez
31.12.09, 20:43
Remember the way Vuze calculates the average swarm speeds. You may simply not be connected to the peer that can raise it from 1MB/s to 50.

Guys, this is not a waffles method or any world-saving solution. It's just a sure way to cheat, if you use common sense, don't use it in small swarms and you are actually communicating with other peers.

Ever heard about ghostleeching? :D

Why would you want to cheat with 50M/s? The average could be even a TB/s (theoretically of course) but as you should limit your max up'speed' you'll still cheat with no more than that limit.

Again, this is not a method that'll upload hell-a-fast, but a method that only cheats IF there is some action going on in the swarm anyways. Safe as hell, been using it ANY and EVERYWHERE for a year now. Bulletproof. Only thing is to find a Vuze version that is allowed in all the tracker's rules you want to cheat on.

Cheers!

anon
31.12.09, 20:44
Why would you want to cheat with 50M/s?

I wouldn't - as a matter of fact you wouldn't do it even if you were connected to that hypothetical peer, since you're limiting your Speed mode++ fake upload speed. I was only reminding you and the others Vuze's "average swarm speed" is only an approximation.

rudam.meredez
31.12.09, 20:50
But that approximation is surely enough not to be suspicious in the peerlist. I agree and understand your points about this being not too accurate but believe it or not it does a freakin sweet job.

Out for the night, take care!
-rm

Instab
31.12.09, 20:54
But that approximation is surely enough not to be suspicious in the peerlist.

that's where Mihai and i made different experiences. ScL might be a good place to test that situation ...

rudam.meredez
31.12.09, 20:58
SceneLife loves this, with a max of ~7-800K tested! ;)

Out really, byez!

Instab
31.12.09, 21:01
SceneLife loves this, with a max of ~7-800K tested! ;)

Out really, byez!

yeah, that's because they don't care. i meant it'd be a good place to see the difference between the avg swarm speed and the peerlist.

vuze wiki says:

The average swarm speed is calculated by measuring the interval between have-messages and the amount of data they represent you get from your peers (the estimated download speed column in the peers view is based on that information, too). Then the calculated peer speed (including your own) is divided by the number of peers you're connected to.

Please note that this is just a rough estimate and not very precise for torrents with large piece sizes or when you're only connected to few peers.

the last paragraph is the important one.

Mihai
31.12.09, 21:48
I know about ghostleeching, lol.But i'm not sure that works on bitmetv and i just wanted to say this so some users will not be banned for cheating on wrong torrents.Your method is good, just avoid old packs and there you go.

Instab
01.01.10, 02:34
But that approximation is surely enough not to be suspicious in the peerlist.

a little example might be the best in this case. let's have a look at vuze first:
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing (http://www.imagebam.com/image/38a7c261943522)
the avg swarm speed is around 700kb/s so that'd be our upload speed.

now the look at the peerlist:
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing (http://www.imagebam.com/image/be6d0861943524)
oh, nobody has 700 or even 500. and that higher valüs of the first seeders are what's left from the start (notice the 4 day connection time). even worse if we'd be a leecher.

in my experience that's how it looks most of the time. except maybe on TL but they don't have a public peerlist anyway.
it's only different on brand new torrents but in any other case be very careful ...