PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2

yoco
17.12.09, 11:13
Release Date: May 7, 2010
Studio: Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Jon Favreau
Screenwriter: Justin Theroux
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling, John Slattery, Kate Mara, Clark Gregg, Olivia Munn
Genre: Action, Adventure

In the sequel, Mickey Rourke will play Whiplash, a character that includes elements from that comic book villain and Crimson Dynamo, another Russian baddie. Sam Rockwell will play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.
YouTube- Iron Man 2 Trailer

SBfreak
17.12.09, 11:35
I think it looks better than the first one.Besides we have another Iron dude- War Machine.Also the guy from the Wrestler is the bad guy.
What I don't understand is...how the heck did he create that since the only scientist that ever made one of those is dead?

jockey
17.12.09, 13:09
Looks better than the first one .
Definitely watching this:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Looks better than the first one .
Definitely watching this:biggrin:

alpacino
17.12.09, 23:35
Nice trailer, amazing film. It's was about time WarMachine showed up. :tongue:

Pickle
18.12.09, 01:08
Simple logic is enough for an action movie imo.

saebrtooth
18.12.09, 06:37
I loved the 1st Iron Man and I bet I'll love the 2nd too

good story line and action

Kuhrglocke
18.12.09, 14:31
Trailer relly looks awesome, but if the 2nd movie will be a good one? I'm not sure, but I hope so as an Iron Man lover :D

kelly
18.12.09, 17:52
Trailer relly looks awesome, but if the 2nd movie will be a good one? I'm not sure, but I hope so as an Iron Man lover :D

I am a fan of Iron Man , and totally loved the first one!

But lookin at the trailer ,i really doubt it would be as popular as the first one.
The second one looks more funny, and more unatural. I suppose its lacking the seriousness it had in the first.The funny factor is becoming more.

Secondly, there are too may cooks in kitchen which only spoils the food :smile:

Well this is just what i decipher from the trailer!

atlantis
18.12.09, 20:13
I hope this will be better then 1st one :smile:

yoco
19.12.09, 10:39
You didn't like the first one?

atlantis
19.12.09, 12:15
not much :rolleyes2:

zipang
19.12.09, 14:44
Sometimes, Part 2 fails, so I hope this one is ok.

Balraj
19.12.09, 19:23
I think its a pretty cool trailer...looks more interesting than the first one judging from the trailer!

I agree with kelly that the funny character bit is a little too much... Ex:" give me a smooch"...you complete me? :tongue:

yoco
08.03.10, 11:55
New trailer
YouTube- Iron Man 2 Trailer 2

GotIt
08.03.10, 12:25
A fantastic cast in this movie... And the second trailer was mindblowing :biggrin:

And I personally thought the comics only got better, so I'm definetly expecting big from this

Thanks for sharing!

SBfreak
08.03.10, 13:39
Awesome effects.
+the implementation of war machine is great.

saebrtooth
08.03.10, 13:50
I hope that the producers can make more and more of Iron Man series. from the comic books I like superman but Robert Downey Jr is better than superman hehe

SBfreak
08.03.10, 13:52
The Iron Man series will eventually be wiped out by other,or be reinvented in the future.
Robert Downey Jr had a great performance in Sherlock Holmes.
The more movies with him the better.

dreamer
08.03.10, 15:12
yeah he's not a bad actor at all..
I liked the parts where Iron Man and Hulk got crossed together.. I was hoping for a combination that should come soon (Avengers right?)
anyhow this trailer looks good...!

shawshankraj
04.04.10, 05:45
Iron Man 2: The IMAX Experience Trailer:::

YouTube - Iron Man 2: The IMAX Experience Trailer

shawshankraj
22.04.10, 12:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLdOWyij0M

SBfreak
22.04.10, 14:14
He could have switched some sequences in order for the video to better sync with the song...

yoco
14.09.10, 10:13
I watched the movie, and I had no expectations since many said it's worse than the first one, but I'll admit, I really liked it!

saebrtooth
14.09.10, 10:17
fans of the comic can see that the end has a nice build up to the avengers, so it wont just be a 1 main-man show in future

yoco
14.09.10, 10:18
Yes, I saw that too, and I wonder how are they gonna put all of the heroes together in one movie?

saebrtooth
14.09.10, 10:32
I imagine it'l b something like Justice League and with more story and villans it' be huge

yoco
14.09.10, 10:36
Well I just hope it won't be a mess of a movie!

saebrtooth
14.09.10, 10:44
I think they did very good work on both Iron Man 1+2 but the only thing I didnt like was it was too way to short to give a good story, especially tru for #2

slikrapid
14.09.10, 17:50
Robert Downey Jr ...The more movies with him the better.

only if they are (brainless) comedies and low-level acting roles, otherwise his lack of real abilities gets painfully obvious - he seems to be like that character from zoolander: has a few 'faces' he can use and continues using them hoping that no one would notice its just these same few 'faces' over and over again

I wonder how are they gonna put all of the heroes together in one movie?

simple, every one of them will get less screen time & dialogue, meaning less chance to develop some character personality, neither vocally nor visually - its usually the price of having too many 'stars' in a single movie

as for the iron man 1&2, they are pretty much worthless, its yet another incompetent industrial effort to establish a new kind of (anti)hero, ie. exploit & transfer its comics status onto the big screen and into the mainstream

i haven't seen the comics so i can't compare it to the movie adaptation in terms of underlying messages, but the movie (iron man 2) is very thin, very ADD, very flashy on the outside, has excessive and meaningless dialogue (or rather monologue), laughable sci-fi (the sci part) basis, uninteresting characters (iron man=babbling know-it-all hedonistic narcissistic schizophreniac, his female CEO a neurotic control freak, the black guy a moral naive slave as expected, the female agent a caricature of the technocratic feminine, the loaded opponent a sleazy idiot with equally incompetent employees, the gutter opponent a gulag prodigy in software/hardware/fighting/weapons/whathaveyou) and so on

its a technocratic celebration of elitism, superiority & private wealth with no bounds of law, society, morale or anything else worth mentioning - a transhumanist vision of the future...where man fought machine and the machine won to quote an older series - and people love it, well, don't worry, the elite is giving you a message disguised as entertainment: this is pretty much what you can expect to get from them, mass exploitation on multiple levels, to bleed you dry and dump into trash when your usage/usefulness/efficiency expiry date arrives, in the meantime your expected consumerist task is to go pay for their movies/propaganda & worship their proteges/stars

Sb Lover
15.09.10, 15:49
I like this movie ! but alot of people think that is very far from movies like the dark knight + spider man ..
and I agree with them but it still a nice film

saebrtooth
15.09.10, 16:19
I like this movie ! but alot of people think that is very far from movies like the dark knight + spider man ..
and I agree with them but it still a nice film

do u mean "far from" their high quality?

Sb Lover
15.09.10, 18:03
I mean iron man is like IPT (so good but not the best in it's category )