PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cotto faces sexual harassment lawsuit

Balraj
11.12.09, 01:03
Who saw this one coming:rolling_eyes:

what do you guys think? would Cotto do something like this:confused:...I think it's b/s :rolleyes:

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- A former employee of Miguel Cotto filed a sexual harassment lawsuit seeking more than $500,000 from Puerto Rico's most popular boxer.

The lawsuit by Martha Chacon Acevedo argues that Cotto made unwanted romantic advances when she worked as an administrator of a residential property owned by the fighter in this U.S. Caribbean territory.

It says Chacon, a Venezuelan, gave in to Cotto's advances over two months out of fear of losing her job, and was fired in October 2008 after breaking off the relationship.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. district court in San Juan on Aug. 24. It was not reported until this week when Cotto's family released a statement dismissing it as "frivolous, empty and a total fabrication."

"We are going to leave everything in our lawyers' hands and everything will be resolved in court," Miguel Cotto Carrasquillo, the fighter's father, said in a written statement late Monday.

Cotto lost the WBO welterweight crown to Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas last month when the referee stopped the fight in the 12th round.

Source: Sexual harassment lawsuit filed against boxer Miguel Cotto - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4725381)

ironace
11.12.09, 16:46
Typical just another Tiger Woods story to get money from him. If even they got to court would Cotto win because he can pay millions of dollars for lawyers while the plantiff probably is not so lucky.

Snitlev
11.12.09, 18:45
If you have money so you have girls (girls think only on money) sex is the second part, and the age played perfunctorily...

that's the real-life

slikrapid
11.12.09, 20:55
what do you guys think? would Cotto do something like this:confused:...I think it's b/s :rolleyes:

its hard to say

these 'stars' can become quite egoistic, thinking they own the world and can have whatever they want

clearly, when popular/rich, they get a lot of attention from women (which is natural i guess) and some of them aim for the money

its interesting how the lawsuit wasn't filed shortly after the incident but a whole year? later so that's suspicious

also, if she can produce witnesses or prove a pattern of behavior she may have a promising case even though imo it will be eventually settled outside court with a juicy payoff which leaves us wondering was the 'star' scared of the evidence or his public image or both :biggrin:

Balraj
11.12.09, 22:58
yeah I agree with you^

and its suspicious soon after his loss to Manny he gets slapped with this lawsuit ....timing is very fishy

badazz
12.12.09, 07:37
cotto should jab her in the face 20 times

Balraj
12.12.09, 19:34
^and get slapped with another lawsuit haha.

slikrapid
12.12.09, 19:44
^and this time the evidence would be bullet-proof :biggrin:

...if she can survive a 20-jab-face-job that is

Empoleon
13.12.09, 09:26
I read from another source that the victim is suing the whole family, wife and father included. You wonder what they could have possibly contributed to her sexual harassment claims, lol.

Balraj
13.12.09, 18:35
wow now that's very weird^ what did the wife do what about the kids haha

people these days:rolleyes2: