PDA

View Full Version : StrikeForce signs Melvin Mahoef Finnaly!!!

Balraj
05.12.09, 22:04
For those of you who watch K1 you already know how good Melvin is:biggrin:...this guy is an animal inside the ring!!

for those who don't type know him.....type his name in youtube and watch some of his fights and tell me what you think:top:

"K-1 wrecking machine and mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran, Melvin Manhoef (23-6-1), is once again set to put his all-around skills to the test when he debuts with the San Jose-based Strikeforce promotion in the coming weeks.

MMAmania.com confirmed the signing earlier today.

While a Dec. 19 bout against Robbie Lawler has been rumored for "Evolution," nothing is official at this time and a more likely time line for his debut would be early 2010.

Manhoef looked "Marvelous" in the opening round of his DREAM 10 fight against Paulo Filho back in July, putting the Brazilian grappling stud on queer street with his trademark blitzkrieg of punches; however, Manhoef ultimately fell short after the fight hit the mat.

He's going to need to keep his ground game sharp if he plans to make himself a stateside contender. There are a bevy of top middleweights under the Strikeforce banner with serviceable grappling skills that could negate the power punching of the hard-hitting Hollander.

Assuming he doesn't separate them from their consciousness first.

Star-divide

Prior to the Filho bout, Manhoef went toe-to-toe with "Super Samoan" Mark Hunt during the stacked New Year’s Eve Fields Dynamite!! card at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on Dec. 31, 2008. Despite being at a huge size advantage, as well as taking the fight on literally a few days notice, Manhoef needed just 18 seconds to dispatch of the granite-chinned heavyweight.

Strikeforce has continued to bolster its talent roster with quality signings and Manhoef is no exception. Aside from being the Cage Rage Light Heavyweight Champion, "No Mercy" has a 37-8 kickboxing record with 27 knockouts.

Expect fireworks in his upcoming debut.

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for more on Manhoef's upcoming opponent."

Source: Strikeforce signs K-1 star and MMA veteran MelvinManhoef - MMA Mania (http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/2/1182209/strikeforce-signs-k-1-star-and-mma)

kazuya
05.12.09, 22:21
good striking but many other lacks... don't think he will stand against bigger and better guys

Balraj
05.12.09, 22:34
bigger guys? could you give me a few examples(in the middleweight division of course) ? Melvin's weight class is at Middleweight ....He did go up to light heavy in K-1 but lets hope he stays at Middleweight in Strike force ther are some superfights I would like to see there...maybe Cung Le , Lawler.Scott Smith... then list goes on I can see hime winning all those fights!

Empoleon
08.12.09, 12:20
If Melvin stays on his feet he will win all times, too bad in America theres many wrestlers which has proved to be his achilles heel.

Saying that the current Strikeforce middleweight roster features more strikers than grapplers which will appeal to Melvin. A fight I'd loike to see is one with another new addition Dan Henderson, you can expect them to both stay on their feet.

Balraj
08.12.09, 21:40
that would be an excellent fight....Henderson is a really good wrestler bad news for Melvin.....Melvin's stand up .....speed and power bad news for Hendo.

I wanna see this fight happen in 2010!

Se7Ven
08.12.09, 22:15
In K-1 is Badr Hari one of the best and my verry special bad boy:top:

badazz
08.12.09, 22:15
dude never heard of him but some of his fights on youtube are insane

Balraj
09.12.09, 00:34
In K-1 is Badr Hari one of the best and my verry special bad boy:top:

I was very impressed with Badr at the K1 WGP finals...he beat Alistair Overeem...it was one hell of a fight, I thought he would get beat up bad by Overeem. I was wrong :rolling_eyes:

he made it to the final fight and lost to Semmy that was disappointing...

Se7Ven
09.12.09, 00:49
yeah he's a tough guy and he doesn't duck anyone but he make a big mistake against Sammy Shields he lost his controll and defense in this final!!!!

Last year Badr Hari make the same mistake against Remy Bonjasky he lost his head and cant stop his temper but i think he is good strong fighter and the future stay with him.

Balraj
09.12.09, 02:03
yep I agree everything you said^

but hey I got an issue with that Alistair Overeem stoppage sure Badr was winning but that second time where the ref stopped it ....on what grounds did he stop it? he did not fall..... 2 knock dowss and your out....that was not a knock down....I have a big issue with their rules!

yeah if it wasn't for the ropes he would have fell but he did not!!

and what do you think about Jerome Le banner taking a dive.... flying in one day before the fight...I wonder how much he got paid:rolleyes2:

Empoleon
10.12.09, 06:48
Melvin was in Badr's corner for the WGP finals, I was disappointed on seeing Badr not be crowned champion even more so considering he knocked out Schilt earlier in the year.

Balraj - I believe K1 was lookign for any ossible reason to end that fight quickly, but that said Badr would have inflicted more punishment with the way he was fighting.

I agree with your comment about Jerome, he just did not want to show up it seemed.