PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 beats Dark Knight in sales record !

kelly
14.11.09, 17:15
wooopy! $300 million in one week! That's right . COD MW2 reached the 3 digit figure within one week blowing away Hollywood films to become the highest-grossing entertainment launch ever. :klatsch_3:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 put up some killer numbers when it went on sale Tuesday: Activision announced earlier today that it sold 4.7 million copies in North America and the U.K., which translated into a cool $310 million at the cash registers. In the videogame world, these are historic numbers — Grand Theft Auto IV was the previous one-day sales record holder with 3.6 million sold in May 2008.

Regards,
kelly

Source: 'Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2': You're No 'Dark Knight'! | EW.com (http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/12/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-youre-no-dark-knight/)

simexi
17.11.09, 01:05
i personally think that this one is overhyped. its pretty but too short.

insane
17.11.09, 01:12
yes the story mode may be short but i personally think a lot of people got it to play over xbox live.

simexi
17.11.09, 09:03
what new this game offer what doesnt already exist? plz tell me? just new maps/weapons(perhaps) and pretty graphics?

ironace
14.12.09, 17:49
Not much is new in this game except new perks, annoying new killstreaks, maps of course and better graphics. I personally think it is much overrated I like Cod4 more than Modern Warfare 2 and for the pc you lose dedicated servers.