PDA

View Full Version : V 2009

Instab
04.11.09, 07:42
just watched the series' premiere and was impressed. imho they've done many things right. normally i'm sceptical about remakes but this is one of the very few remake series i really like so far. :top:

especially after the imo so far disappointing SGU and the quite weak caprica pilot this is very welcome. and it's good to see that they're still able to come up with good stuff.

yoco
04.11.09, 09:31
lol, what's V 2009? Never heard of it!

SBfreak
04.11.09, 12:39
Same here.Maybe it's this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_%282009_TV_series%29)?

ghostfucker
04.11.09, 13:30
YouTube - V - Upfront Trailer

3D-Man
04.11.09, 15:53
Watching it at the moment. So far so good.

Darth
04.11.09, 18:04
The older ones here will eventually remember the 'V - The Visitors' Series from the '90s. This new Series is actually a Remake. It's just the Pilot for now, so you can't judge it fairly anyways :)
Let's just poll again after the first Season is over. But generally as a SciFi-Fan i would say, you can't have too many SciFi-Series :>

.anakin.
04.11.09, 19:01
Looking forward to watch it too. Download almost completed.
Is watching the original miniseries needed?

yoco
04.11.09, 19:24
I hate that blonde women from Lost! For some reason, I really don't like her!

Instab
22.11.09, 01:33
still doing quite well imho. i'm surprised that there aren't more viewers here ...

atlantis
24.11.09, 20:20
the serial it's impossible good for me :klatsch_3:

Azuros
25.11.09, 15:30
Awesome casts. Good to see familiar faces from series such as "Lost" and "The 4400".

Balraj
03.12.09, 21:18
In my opinion V is better than stargate universe

why you ask:

1.much more exciting
2.well known actors in Scifi..
3.no annoying characters: I find Dr.rush very irritating

I could make a huge list but I rather just leave it at those 3 points

atlantis
03.12.09, 21:22
the next episode comming in mart 2010 :mad2:

Balraj
03.12.09, 21:28
yeah that sucks ^ well at least we got Chuck and Human target coming in Jan

atlantis
03.12.09, 21:30
for that I will watch the original series and I guess it will be verry interesting :rolleyes2:

Instab
03.12.09, 21:45
In my opinion V is better than stargate universe

that's not very difficult. sgu is very poor so far

the next episode comming in mart 2010 :mad2:

yeah that's not exactly a smart move. they should have started a few weeks earlier to get at least 6 shows shown or not at all before march

Balraj
03.12.09, 22:25
why is that not a smart move? could you explain further please

Instab
04.12.09, 03:04
well, new show, 4 episodes and then a break of almost half a year.
won't get people stick to the show don't you think?

Balraj
04.12.09, 03:49
maybe the people would anticipate the return of the show so much they spread the word to their friends and get even more viewers who knows what their strategy was for doing this 4 episode then break

Blocker
04.12.09, 03:53
Not yet! but seems interesting :top:

Instab
04.12.09, 04:55
maybe the people would anticipate the return of the show so much they spread the word to their friends and get even more viewers who knows what their strategy was for doing this 4 episode then break

psychologically it'd have been better to have a few more show before the break.

Balraj
04.12.09, 16:55
yep who knows what they were thinking....

oh well I look forward to the return of V in 2010 what about you guys?

how bout that ending scene a whole fleet of V ships headed to Earth WOW, something big is going to happen

Instab
04.12.09, 18:12
no doubt these 4 episodes left the best impression by far compared to other shows imho. although some other shows do have a great pilot the rest can't keep up but not so for V

atlantis
04.12.09, 23:10
who don't want to wait half year just watch the original serial from 1983 :biggrin:

Unknown.
11.12.09, 15:58
I'm loving the show!

ABC have done a really nice job with this remake :D

ironace
11.12.09, 16:50
I have not seen the original but it seems like the Taken miniseries, with some more sci-fi maybe it will become great. But why didnt they continue to make episodes because it was clearly a big hit.

Instab
11.12.09, 18:14
it will continü on march 30th, 2010

Instab
16.05.10, 07:50
time for a little update here :D

imho the show did very well so far hence i'm glad to hear that it has been renewed for season 2 already :top:

saebrtooth
16.05.10, 09:22
V is E(xcellent) this sci fi alien stuff is really interesting. What are the possibilities of aliens existing (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/07/-stephen-hawking-why-is-the-milky-way-not-crawling-with-selfdesigning-mechanical-or-biological-life.html)?

Is this show a prelude perhapes? :biggrin:

yoco
16.05.10, 10:13
So can anyone tell me how many episode till end of season one? I wanna watch it, but I don't wanna start until it ends.

Instab
16.05.10, 19:15
So can anyone tell me how many episode till end of season one? I wanna watch it, but I don't wanna start until it ends.

in some cases even the networks don't know. a goood number of shows have been 'stopped' early and episodes have been moved etc.
maybe someone knows but otherwise you could just check some well known tv sites and as soon as the entry behind 'next show' is empty ... :D

Vation
16.05.10, 19:31
It is worth watching even if series is not over.
Episodes 1 to 4 are first part of season one. (aired in november 2009)
Episodes 5-12 are the second part.

Season one final episode will be emitted this week May 18th

According to wikipedia:

Season 2
It was announced on May 13, 2010 that ABC will renew V for a second season, likely to contain 13 episodes.[1]

source:
List of V (2009 TV series) episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_V_(2009_TV_series)_episodes)

So Yoco you may start downloading right away.

yoco
16.05.10, 22:43
So Yoco you may start downloading right away.
Gonna wait for a week or more! Watching The Mentalist at the moment and he show is just awsome. One of best I've seen. Not to mention I have Supernatural yet to watch :biggrin:

slikrapid
17.05.10, 01:30
:yawn:

looks like heavy recycling with the same old cliches:

- alien ships hovering over major cities - don't they have better things to do? and how is that not frightening (for that city population) anyways :rolleyes:

- world in a bad shape needs a savior - sounds familiar? like the new religion, new world order, brought by some aliens, real or holographic (nasa project bluebeam), performing miracles for gullible masses

- now these advanced aliens for some lame reason need assistance from lesser developed species and in return sweet candy is promised and change is inevitable (oh noes!)

- camping in 2 (of course) sides: pro & contra...so we grip our seats trying to find out who the good guy is to support him...maybe a little veneration too? :rolleyes:

- so they are positioning themselves as saviors of mankind - nothing unusual, they are just taking place of previous impostors, equally undeserved and misleading...oh, and btw, they want you to fight (their battles naturally)

- borrowing or using symbolism like V for what...visitors? how about vendetta, victory, peace, vampires, vagina maybe...sounds strange? see for yourself for more 'V' symbolism:

The above magazine cover, while not making the symbol directly, does suggest that V symbol/sign represents a “piece” of something. Come to think of it, were V to stand for both Victory and Peace, is that not what comes after years of wholesale slaughter; mass human sacrifice on an unimaginable scale? And who was all this blood shed for? “Der Fürher,” shout brain-washed historians. For “her?” Für Lucy?

It doesn’t look like we can get an honest answer as to what the hell V stands for unless we ask the Devil herself, Puscifer. [Pussy Für Moi? Thanks to Eugene @ Underground Stream for image.] The young woman above, though I can’t claim to know her, may not need to read this blog to guess what the “V” represents.

http://thestygianport.blogspot.com/2009/07/virgins-vampires-and-vagain-dentata.html

http://celticrebel.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/a-burning-ring-of-fire-iv/

Instab
17.05.10, 02:06
:yawn:

looks like heavy recycling with the same old cliches:

- alien ships hovering over major cities - don't they have better things to do? and how is that not frightening (for that city population) anyways :rolleyes:

- world in a bad shape needs a savior - sounds familiar? like the new religion, new world order, brought by some aliens, real or holographic (nasa project blübeam), performing miracles for gullible masses

- now these advanced aliens for some lame reason need assistance from lesser developed species and in return sweet candy is promised and change is inevitable (oh nös!)

- camping in 2 (of course) sides: pro & contra...so we grip our seats trying to find out who the good guy is to support him...maybe a little veneration too? :rolleyes:

- so they are positioning themselves as saviors of mankind - nothing unusual, they are just taking place of previous impostors, equally undeserved and misleading...oh, and btw, they want you to fight (their battles naturally)

- borrowing or using symbolism like V for what...visitors? how about vendetta, victory, peace, vampires, vagina maybe...sounds strange? see for yourself for more 'V' symbolism:

http://thestygianport.blogspot.com/2009/07/virgins-vampires-and-vagain-dentata.html

http://celticrebel.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/a-burning-ring-of-fire-iv/

nice post and nice standard cases ... but this time they're wrong. the show is excellent! in fact they got everything right so far. tight, multilayered and parallel storylines with a lot of things happening. actually in one episode there's more going on than in half a season of other shows. it's really literally outstanding so far.

anyway reading your post i could bet you haven't seen it :P

slikrapid
17.05.10, 02:13
n... but this time they're wrong. the show is excellent! in fact they got everything right so far...it's really literally outstanding so far.

well, in that case it may be worth to check it out, despite the unimaginative general setup/theme

anyway reading your post i could bet you haven't seen it :P

yup, the trailer was quite informative though :tongue:

Instab
17.05.10, 02:28
well, in that case it may be worth to check it out, despite the unimaginative general setup/theme

yup, the trailer was quite informative though :tongü:

yeah, that's the thing with trailers ... they don't tell much more than the very basics

definitely worth checking out :top:

saebrtooth
17.05.10, 03:19
V has good plots (and sexy aliens :biggrin:). there was one alien show in the past that wasnt that good in comparrison Alient Nation it was a bit bland

Instab
17.05.10, 03:21
V has good plots (and sexy aliens :biggrin:). there was one alien show in the past that wasnt that good in comparrison Alient Nation it was a bit bland

trü, alien nation can't be compared to V

SBfreak
17.05.10, 14:47
and sexy aliens :biggrin:
Holy banana juice...how do aliens look like in this tv show?

saebrtooth
17.05.10, 16:08
Morena Baccarin - Google Search (http://www.google.com.au/images?q=Morena+Baccarin&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbs=isch:1&start=20&sa=N)

If u dont consider her sexy, lols is all I can say :tongue:

SBfreak
17.05.10, 16:49
Ohh that kind of aliens:naughty:
I was thinking about a big eyed chick with 4 boobs...what kind of sci fi show is this anyway?:D

yoco
17.05.10, 22:50
Morena Baccarin - Google Search (http://www.google.com.au/images?q=Morena+Baccarin&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbs=isch:1&start=20&sa=N)

If u dont consider her sexy, lols is all I can say :tongue:

I didn't know she was in this show. :shockkk!:
Definetly on my waiting list :top:

Instab
18.05.10, 00:35
hehe, yes, she's something else. and not to forget laura vandervoort is in there, too :D

saebrtooth
18.05.10, 02:08
How could I neglect her? I will respectully ask for her spanking as an apology
LAURA VANDERVOORT (http://staytunedca.tripod.com/staytuned/id112.html)

Renk
18.05.10, 04:01
I didn't like so much the original version of "V", because the first time I saw it was after seeing "Earth: Final Conflict", what I found far better.

But I recently saw V-2009, and liked it (although I still prefer EFC).

Instab
18.05.10, 04:50
But I recently saw V-2009, and liked it (although I still prefer EFC).

give it a chance, i'd dare to say it already got as much depth as efc ever had

saebrtooth
18.05.10, 05:10
hehe watch V or reruns of Star Trek u get still get ur alien hit

shawshankraj
18.05.10, 05:36
I just completed Pilot episode after seeing this poll and It's look promising..Will watch more episode and post about it letter..

Instab
18.05.10, 05:39
I just completed Pilot episode after seeing this poll and It's look promising

and it'll even get much better :D

yoco
13.06.10, 18:51
I started watching a few days ago, and I get mixed feelings about the show! I really don't know what to think of it. One thing I really like is the music in it, and does anyone know the composer?

slikrapid
13.06.10, 19:37
I started watching a few days ago, and I get mixed feelings about the show! I really don't know what to think of it. One thing I really like is the music in it, and does anyone know the composer?

i haven't started watching yet :redface:

from imdb:

Normand Corbeil .... composer: theme music
Original Music by Marco Beltrami

saebrtooth
14.06.10, 05:45
V cant compare to Star Trek series but V is good in it own right

Instab
14.06.10, 05:54
V cant compare to Star Trek series but V is good in it own right

sure, star trek and babylon 5 are a different leagü but but looking around at the moment V is by far the best in the genre

saebrtooth
14.06.10, 07:25
Thats for sure

oh man i really enjoed that Enterprise (Star Trek) series but it wascut after 4 seaons :frown:

Instab
14.06.10, 08:05
Thats for sure

oh man i really enjöd that Enterprise (Star Trek) series but it wascut after 4 seaons :frown:

you mean the last one with scott bakula?
yeah, that was axed after season 4 but tbh it couldn't keep up with the trek series before

saebrtooth
14.06.10, 08:23
Yeah the one with scotty, many reviews said it wasnt as good, aaaaaannnnd I have to agree to some extent lol, but star trek dude ur talking to a FAN here, who gives a fk if it was a little sh1t, but as long it wasnt a hug log of sh1t its still good :lol:

Sazzy
14.06.10, 23:55
Been watching since the start and loving it. Like it a lot better than the old ones.

Instab
15.06.10, 00:14
Been watching since the start and loving it. Like it a lot better than the old ones.

indeed. one of a very small number of examples where the remake is better than the original

Sazzy
15.06.10, 00:18
Yes, and obviously I was quite sceptical about it

Instab
15.06.10, 00:52
Yes, and obviously I was quite sceptical about it

hehe, same here. have a look at my first post :P

Sazzy
15.06.10, 10:30
*high fives* ?

slikrapid
29.06.10, 20:49
ok, so i watched the series and the overall conclusion is: this one is quite messy to say the least - already in the first episode they manage to cram so many events inside that the characters have little time to deliver any depth to their performance (it feels as if the filmmakers were limited to one season only for their story), the idea that the aliens are supposed to be controlling their emotions doesn't help here (they are mostly stiff & expressionless) and it turns out incorrect as the series progresses, generally it feels like looking at a production line, the sequences are dry and mechanical - even the two main human characters fail to create chemistry between them, every attempt gets interrupted with some meaningless dialogue/event/other character - it gets even worse considering other human characters who are quite bland & stereotypical, their acting levels reduced to the mere necessity

as for other story elements, a lot of what i suspected before has been used:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16638&page=3#post189141

and you'll get a substantial dosage of propaganda as well, for example: the 'with us or against us' paroles, the overall human spiritual/religious impotence, the promotion of vaccines, even global warming, one world government, the terrorist threats, over-hyped media/UN importance and whatnot, they just had to incorporate all of it (with a suiting moral of the story of course)

you will notice that through the whole series there is virtually no presence of any military element (no generals, army interventions), no presidents negotiating terms of engagement (thats for the fbi with a minor UN and their representatives appearance), the media is the alpha and the omega of information delivery and the ultimate public opinion wielders, people reduced virtually to sheeple (except for main characters) and so on, its a 'wet dream' scenario for the global supranational powers, yet currently (still) not a realistic scenario, contrary to what the filmmakers wanted us to believe

naturally, no one bothers to ask the aliens anything about their origins, culture, language, anatomy, religion, science, nothing...zip...nada, they are simply taken for granted, their speeches automatically believed (or simply cartoon-like protested), their human appearance taken as self-explanatory, their supposed 7-10+ year existence on this planet never revealed in the slightest sense (no internet rumors whatsoever)...

lastly, the number of errors or bad/unbelievable solutions/ideas/explanations/events/outcomes/behavior and so on is quite high, meaning every few minutes or so you'll be rolling your eyes in disbelief at what is being delivered on the screen

anyways, i can't recommend this as its simply lacking in just about every sense (yes, the cgi is mediocre/generic as well) :eek13:

Instab
30.06.10, 00:52
hehe, well, what do you expect? all answers in the first season? :P
anyway, the elements you expected were not in there but dös that make the show bad?

as a fact they do have more going on in one episode than other shows in 5. whether you like that content or not is another thing ...

saebrtooth
30.06.10, 02:04
I would say its entertainment, and considering in reality the alternatives of other scifis that are in current production, what elese do you want? haha

In the past if a person wanted a marvelous artwork from Picasso or Leonardo they would have to patronise them with their wealth, now Im no high flying merchant banker and I just take what I can. Despite the former comment V is actually worth its time for entertainment value.

If you really want reality, you're not gona find it on TV soap, but possibly reality maybe found behind a thick telescope lense.

slikrapid
30.06.10, 03:28
as a fact they do have more going on in one episode than other shows in 5.

which is just as bad as if they had 5 times less than in any other show :tongue:

whether you like that content or not is another thing ...

regardless, they did a lousy job with this one on just too many levels

considering in reality the alternatives of other scifis that are in current production, what elese do you want?

some quality entertainment maybe? its been done before

In the past if a person wanted a marvelous artwork from Picasso or Leonardo they would have to patronise them with their wealth, now Im no high flying merchant banker and I just take what I can.

i doubt they do special high quality shows for merchant bankers though ;)

saebrtooth
30.06.10, 03:48
oh of/c not for free :tongue:

And of/c yes I agree shows are there for the audiences pleasure thus critique is also in order ;)

Alas those with a subjective mind and a whim, like myself, for scifi even if they are not top notch I still consider them good haha

Instab
30.06.10, 04:03
which is just as bad as if they had 5 times less than in any other show :tongü:

how so?

regardless, they did a lousy job with this one on just too many levels

well for my taste they did a great job in all aspects i consider important

Sazzy
30.06.10, 04:03
It's sci-fi tbh. You shouldn't be treating it as some realistic show. If you look at star wars, those movies are FULL of stupid errors that everyone knows about yet they made billions. And they're good too.

The fact that everything is a little bit too perfect doesn't really bother me. It's still amusing. Don't forget that people ARE gullible, though. And with all the presents the visitors bring, why ask too many questions that might even scare them away? I've always heard the saying "People are smart, groups of people are dumb as hell". It's usually true, too.

slikrapid
30.06.10, 18:27
It's sci-fi tbh. You shouldn't be treating it as some realistic show.

actually, their sloppiness in execution is counterproductive, regardless of the fictional setting/premise - the word 'science' in SF is used for a purpose:

Science fiction is a genre of fiction. It differs from fantasy in that, within the context of the story, its imaginary elements are largely possible within scientifically established or scientifically postulated laws of nature (though some elements in a story might still be pure imaginative speculation). Exploring the consequences of such differences is the traditional purpose of science fiction, making it a "literature of ideas".[1] Science fiction is largely based on writing rationally about alternative possibilities.[2] The settings for science fiction are often contrary to known reality, but the majority of science fiction relies on a considerable degree of suspension of disbelief provided by potential scientific explanations to various fictional elements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction

what the movie/TV industry feeds us with and their professional standards is another story though

And with all the presents the visitors bring, why ask too many questions that might even scare them away?

come on now, you don't believe that, do you? a benevolent advanced species would be willing (and prepared) to explain what you want to know (and there would be a multitude of questions), otherwise they would lose your trust and you would question their goals and thus their 'free' 'gifts'

I've always heard the saying "People are smart, groups of people are dumb as hell". It's usually true, too.

but it works only in specific conditions (like the mob scenario), not universally - for example, you probably wouldn't call a think tank (group of people) dumb ;)

Sazzy
30.06.10, 19:06
actually, their sloppiness in execution is counterproductive, regardless of the fictional setting/premise - the word 'science' in SF is used for a purpose:

maybe the 'fiction' part is bigger this time. I don't remember reading that there has to be a 50-50 balance. Star Wars argument still stands! :P

come on now, you don't believe that, do you? a benevolent advanced species would be willing (and prepared) to explain what you want to know (and there would be a multitude of questions), otherwise they would lose your trust and you would question their goals and thus their 'free' 'gifts'

And why wouldn't I believe that? This isn't exactly 24 either, so you don't really know if they asked questions or not. Maybe they didn't show it because it's obvious such an advanced race wouldn't have problems coming up with believable answers.

Also, don't they always say "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?

This seems like the perfect example for a religion. The priest being one of the main characters really helps this too. If everyone questioned everything, religion would've been extinct ages ago. Yet here we are.

but it works only in specific conditions (like the mob scenario), not universally - for example, you probably wouldn't call a think tank (group of people) dumb ;)

How is a think tank not a specific condition? I think a mob is more likely to fit the V scenario than a think tank.

Anyway, we're completely starting to go off topic on this one. The series is still good, even more if you've seen the older ones. The fact that it's not believable (like most stuff on tv) doesn't make it a bad show.

I can't really remember watching a series that I actually believed could happen that wasn't a reality show (and thus actually happened). Even those are biased most of the time. Like temptation island filming one kiss from multiple angles making it look like they kissed a lot of times. People want drama and excitement and this is what V is giving. Otherwise we can just turn on the news and watch how president Obama feels sad and angry about the oil spill.

slikrapid
30.06.10, 21:14
maybe the 'fiction' part is bigger this time. I don't remember reading that there has to be a 50-50 balance. Star Wars argument still stands! :P

actually it isn't, the series aims at a substantially larger reality scenario part (a contemporary one) than a fictional one, so thats obviously no excuse

as for the star wars, you may ask yourself why does it work so well, even if not consistent through each movie and with a fair amount of errors and so on - imo its about a combination of factors: intriguing/interesting story, decent actors and character development with a skilled director to wrap it all up, these are probably the basic ones, everything else (believability, cgi, budget, hype, marketing) can be an added value (or not), but professionals are supposed to take care of that part as much as possible too (ie. do it in a professional manner)

Also, don't they always say "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?

maybe they didn't know about the trojan horse :tongue:

This seems like the perfect example for a religion. The priest being one of the main characters really helps this too. If everyone questioned everything, religion would've been extinct ages ago. Yet here we are.

the priest character as depicted in the series is one of the more foolish/naive/gullible ones (the first to question his religion as if he was some noob and not an experienced practitioner)

and religion being still here isn't because of a lack of questioning, but because of the perceived lack of a better spiritual solution on one side and the benefits of its system on the other side and because spirituality was shoved aside to make place for the officially supported monetary/material element

How is a think tank not a specific condition? I think a mob is more likely to fit the V scenario than a think tank.

who said it wasn't? :biggrin:
and the mob example is perfect for depicting what exactly was the film/script-makers idea of supporting human characters, pretty shallow i'd say

as a side note, you're clinging too much on the believability factor which is imo of non-essential, but rather added importance, yet one that shouldn't be neglected (the professional manner)

Sazzy
30.06.10, 21:17
as a side note, you're clinging too much on the believability factor which is imo of non-essential, but rather added importance, yet one that shouldn't be neglected (the professional manner)

I was under the impression you were calling it bad because of this. Have I misread your posts that much? :unsure:

slikrapid
30.06.10, 21:54
I was under the impression you were calling it bad because of this. Have I misread your posts that much? :unsure:

did you read my first detailed post above:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16638&page=5#post205376

the believability topic is only a part of the critique

well, in the end it's just a matter of taste. some like the one or the other show and some don't

yup, exactly :top:

Instab
30.06.10, 21:56
well, in the end it's just a matter of taste. some like the one or the other show and some don't

Sazzy
30.06.10, 22:00
did you read my first detailed post above:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16638&page=5#post205376

the believability topic is only a part of the critique

Big wall of text is big. The believability seemed to be your main issue.

Instab
04.01.11, 09:23
THEY RETURN TUESDAY JANUARY 4 9|8c
ABC.com - V - Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Home (http://abc.go.com/shows/v?cid=abc_ss1_v)

yoco
04.01.11, 11:28
I hope this season is better than the first one!

Instab
04.01.11, 20:43
I hope this season is better than the first one!

what was wrong with season 1?

yoco
04.01.11, 22:58
I just didn't like it all that much! And I love these kind of stories!

Instab
04.01.11, 23:26
I just didn't like it all that much!

and why?

yoco
05.01.11, 10:30
I found the show boring, not to mention I seriously can't stand that blond chick from Lost!

Instab
05.01.11, 13:24
I found the show boring

boring? :eek:
what did you miss? every episode was full of stuff, more happening in one episode than in some other show's whole season :P
so again, what would it make not boring for you?

slikrapid
05.01.11, 20:03
I found the show boring, not to mention I seriously can't stand that blond chick from Lost!

my impression is that it was too sterile with a sloppy/generic execution, not necessarily boring overall

and imo that kid of hers was way more annoying ;)

Sazzy
05.01.11, 20:23

+1. What a douchebag :P Though that blond girl did get annoying near the end.

yoco
05.01.11, 23:25
my impression is that it was too sterile with a sloppy/generic execution, not necessarily boring overall

+1. What a douchebag :P Though that blond girl did get annoying near the end.

:D
Completely agree!

Sazzy
05.01.11, 23:48
i misread and was actually refering to the hot blonde V girl. The blonde girl from lost was kinda annoying from the start trying to protect her little douchebag kid :/
though wtf really, if you were a V, would you really betray your race to go hook up with the biggest douchebag guy of the world? Or any guy for that matter?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't humans V food in the old series? (and probably soon in the new series). That's like falling in love with a cow or a pig... :/

slikrapid
06.01.11, 00:32
anyways, i was referring to the older blond-ish female earthling in V & her son

though wtf really, if you were a V, would you really betray your race to go hook up with the biggest douchebag guy of the world?

you're forgetting that he is the emo-darling of hollywood wielders (the 'chosen one/male', the 'future male blueprint'), thus pre-destined for alien approval

That's like falling in love with a cow or a pig...

more like a wild animal from a herd, but interesting point, so in a way the series promotes/flirts with zoophilia/alienophilia :eek:

...not that it hasn't been done before ;)

Instab
06.01.11, 04:23
interesting how much priorities can differ

theintervurt
06.01.11, 04:32
After watching the new episode I really wonder why the hell anna's mother lives in such a place and still has human skin and those foxy clothes it just doesn't make sense.

Instab
06.01.11, 05:10
looks like it's time for a little recap of the important things:

what's the V's actual intention?
what's behind those black ops marcus is doing on his own?
and why of all did he choose hobbes for that?
who is chad loyal to?
how much will lisa do driven by her love?
where do hobbes' loyalties lie?
what effects will anna's emotions have?
how dös the 5th column keep up?

slikrapid
06.01.11, 16:51
important? dude, srsly :P

* what's the V's actual intention?
world domination, exploitation of humans

* what's behind those black ops marcus is doing on his own?
a competing force for world domination (male leader)

* and why of all did he choose hobbes for that?
duped by his mercenary status or simply useful

* who is chad loyal to?
his media fame/status

* how much will lisa do driven by her love?
'Ilsa: She Wolf' (yes, i see its lisa but i couldn't help it :biggrin: ) will do 'all that it takes'
she & her chosen one will rule the V's

* where do hobbes' loyalties lie?
pre-destined to take the 'right' side or perhaps with a heroic sacrifice 'for good measure'

* what effects will anna's emotions have?
the evil queen will die, long live the male king (as expected or as usual)

* how does the 5th column keep up?
insiders, pre-destined to win against the 'evil female'

Instab
06.01.11, 17:43
important? dude, srsly :P

well then, you tell me

mirrormask
27.04.11, 17:28
jane badler told fans on twitter that we will find out on may 17th if v (2009) will be renewed for a third season by abc.

yoco
27.04.11, 22:55
Was season 2 better than first?

slikrapid
28.04.11, 19:41
it was pretty much more of the same, maybe with more action - basically, those who liked the first season will probably like this one as well

Instab
29.04.11, 03:28

it was pretty much more of the same, maybe with more action - basically, those who liked the first season will probably like this one as well

i would also say it was about the same. i liked both very much :D

DriftKing
29.04.11, 08:29

Season 2 is much better than first one. More action more twist and the last episode of season 2 was damn good. waiting for third one till than I am following "Game of Thrones" another good one.

mirrormask
14.05.11, 17:52
it's over.
abc has cancelled v.

Breaking News - NBC Cancels "Event," "Law & Order: LA," "Outsourced," "Chase"; ABC Axes "Brothers & Sisters," "V," "No Ordinary Family," "Off the Map" | TheFutonCritic.com (http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/05/13/nbc-cancels-event-law-and-order-la-outsourced-chase-abc-axes-brothers-and-sisters-v-no-ordinary-family-off-the-map-726311/9269/)

Sazzy
14.05.11, 20:49
it's over.
abc has cancelled v.

Aww... Time to delete that series folder, I guess :(

yoco
14.05.11, 23:28
No surprise really! I still have to watch season 2, but I doubt I'll like it any than I did the first one!

Sazzy
15.05.11, 00:40
No surprise really! I still have to watch season 2, but I doubt I'll like it any than I did the first one!

all in all, I can't say I'm angry about the cancel. After season 2, I got more and more annoyed with new events while during season 1 I was pretty excited about the nostalgia.