PDA

View Full Version : Season of the Witch

yoco
22.10.09, 12:33
Release Date: March 19, 2011
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Dominic Sena
Screenwriter: Bragi Schut
Starring: Nicolas Cage, Ron Perlman, Stephen Campbell Moore, Robert Sheehan, Claire Foy, Ulrich Thomsen, Stephen Graham, Christopher Lee
Genre: Supernatural Thriller

A priest (Stephen Campbell Moore), a grieving knight (Ulrich Thomsen), an itinerant swindler (Stephen Graham) and a headstrong youth who can only dream of becoming a knight (Robert Sheehan) join a mission troubled by mythically hostile wilderness and fierce contention over the fate of the girl.
YouTube - Season of the Witch (2010) - Trailer

Short teaser, gonna post a full trailer when it comes out!
:top:

alpacino
23.10.09, 03:22
Nice teaser man, seems like Mr Cage will be on a hot streak soon. Many interesting films are expected.

yoco
21.11.09, 11:13
YouTube - Season of the Witch-Trailer

alpacino
23.11.09, 07:33
Thanks for the trailer, I kind like (not that I believe) the witchery subject as fantasy etc, so I think I will like this one, the great Christopher Lee is on it, looking forward.

insane
23.11.09, 08:20
thanks for the trailer...

but for some reason i feel like Nicholas Cage has like no emotions...all his movies he has the same face. His movies are good...just not a fan of his acting. i hope u guys understand what i was trying to say.

ciccio
09.12.09, 19:11
nice trailer, i love the witches and also Nicolas Cage! This is sure!

yoco
12.11.10, 16:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZMmBV_i4k8

Shelter
13.11.10, 12:49
Release Date: March 19, 2010??????? or 2011...because i dind't found it 2 download.N.Cage it's one of my favorite actror,great expressive face!

slikrapid
13.11.10, 13:30
another hollywood spin on the witch/history/hero theme, one that has little to do with reality, but more with how they would prefer it to be imprinted within the viewer's mind

firstly, the witch(es) were mostly (extra)ordinary women dealing in herbal medicine, fortune telling, deciphering various omens and some elements that would be called magic (due to their mystical/unexplainable nature), whose knowledge was passed down for generations just as any other human craft, though these skills were more influenced by (connected to) the so-called invisible or spiritual or supernatural world

since these skills (similar to other pre-existing religions/beliefs/traditions) collided with the emerging patriarchal religions (like fi. christianity) who wanted to take control over all 'otherworldly' functions/elements and who had the backup of the military regimes, they used this aggressive power to destroy/corrupt/convert just about every element that wasn't aligned with their religious views - such an attitude spawned the inquisition, witch hunts and other prosecutions of unwanted societal elements, actually, some say that the early small societies were in fact matriarchal in their core and that the patriarchal rise to power started around the time when the early judeo-christian texts were being written & distributed and/or around the time 'first' large 'civilizations' were built (furthermore, there is evidence of a similar patriarchal rise in different unrelated societies, so it might have been a world-wide phenomenon), whose legacy can still be seen today, since nowadays we still have a patriarchal society that only superficially declares female equality, whereas in practice it looks rather sobering

back to the movie:
as for the hero that supposedly won't let the girl get hurt if she is innocent, this is another falsehood - the heroes got their fame because they were successful in combat, tactically or hand-to-hand, ie. they were good at killing, not protecting someone's rights/liberties (with a few exceptions of course), so its more likely that the hero's job would be to ensure the success of their official mission/task, after which the priesthood would ultimately decide what happens to the captured woman (not too hard to guess the outcome)

yoco
13.11.10, 13:56
Release Date: March 19, 2010??????? or 2011...because i dind't found it 2 download.N.Cage it's one of my favorite actror,great expressive face!
Must be a typo, it's 2011 release!

Shelter
13.11.10, 17:05
Then corect the day release!You write 2010.

yoco
13.11.10, 18:09
Corrected! :D
This was copy-paste so it wasn't my fault :P

Shelter
13.11.10, 20:21
Ok...because i was thinking that have'd miss the movie.And i have'd search the torrent movie.And i have'd found a movie from 70's with the same name :))

yoco
27.03.11, 12:34
I'll be honest! I think this movie wasn't all that bad :D

6/10