golmaal
22.09.09, 13:55
hi to all

pls tell me which country make best horror movies

mine: china

what about u?

thecoolest
22.09.09, 14:49
kinda china..as i can say..grudge 1 & 2..both r gud movie ..kinda like it...little bit comedy too..lol

Grambo
23.09.09, 01:43
I think France is best nowadays..

zipang
29.09.09, 23:34
kinda china..as i can say..grudge 1 & 2..both r gud movie ..kinda like it...little bit comedy too..lol

It is Japanese. Also, there is the movie called The Ring.

adry
09.10.09, 22:37
I think that Japon is the best horror movie maker country

Snitlev
09.10.09, 23:36
USA (Hollywood) the best actors and technik ;-)

mfg

slikrapid
10.10.09, 00:11
interesting, no one mentioned italy as they were legendary during the 80s

USA (Hollywood) the best actors and technik

the problem is that horror is a less mainstream genre and the best actors usually go for drama, also they tend to have low budget which obviously excludes intensive cgi & other costly gadgets usage

Se7Ven
10.10.09, 01:04
the best horror movie maker countrys are for me japan china korean thailand

in the past it was italy Dario Argento and USA George Andrew Romero:2405:

Grambo
10.10.09, 01:54
Italy was the best a long time ago.
Not only Argento, but also Fulci, Deodato, Matei and several more,

Snitlev
10.10.09, 03:36
Ich denke das man hier eniges verwechselt und zwar Horror und Splatter sind 2 verschiedene Genre, also ganz klar war hauptsächlich Luci Fulci der Mann neben G.A.Romero der die Zeit der Zombies pupulär gemacht hat und sie dadurch auch bei uns in Deutschland dann die FSK eingeführt haben...

Und Horror sind nunmal nicht unbedingt blutrünstig oder splatterhaft, Norman Bates usw.

Horror ist für mich ein Film wo ich mich grusel und durch Schreckmomnte erschrecke, aber Splatter wie Zombies sind doch nur blutige splattermovies...

Unbelievable anon you're to fast ^^

Sorry that's the english Threat, but I hope an Friend translate it ;-)

anon
10.10.09, 03:37
Snitlev, this is the english section :wink:

slikrapid
10.10.09, 17:48
Ich denke das man hier eniges verwechselt und zwar Horror und Splatter sind 2 verschiedene Genre, also ganz klar war hauptsächlich Luci Fulci der Mann neben G.A.Romero der die Zeit der Zombies pupulär gemacht hat und sie dadurch auch bei uns in Deutschland dann die FSK eingeführt haben...

Und Horror sind nunmal nicht unbedingt blutrünstig oder splatterhaft, Norman Bates usw.

Horror ist für mich ein Film wo ich mich grusel und durch Schreckmomnte erschrecke, aber Splatter wie Zombies sind doch nur blutige splattermovies...

translation:

i think people are confusing horror & splatter movies, as they are 2 different genres - its known that Fulci & Romero gave popularity to zombies, thus also in germany with the introduction of FSK??

horror is not necessarily bloody or full of splatter (example: Norman Bates from the early Psycho movie)

for me horror is a movie that evokes scary or fright moments, unlike zombies that fall into the bloody splatter movies

imo horror is the genre for both categories you described - they are simply sub-genres of the horror genre :biggrin:

people react differently to blood or splatter or zombies so these may also evoke scary moments (afaik even the old Psycho had blood in it, at least in the bathtub), especially to those unfamiliar with the subject or with higher emotional sensitivity - you can imagine the fear of unsuspected audience when such movies were first introduced a few decades ago

as it usually goes with categorization, movies tend to have a bit of everything thrown in the mix, so its sometimes difficult to recognize or decide which genre is the most suitable for them to fit in (aka to defy categorization)

Unbelievable anon you're to fast

yes we know, reminds me of Men in Black when they commented on how all the top achievers in their respective fields were actually aliens :wink:

keops
12.10.09, 13:32
I think that China and Japan are movie maker country