PDA

View Full Version : [Hardware] Samsung OLED Laptop Coming Late 2010

kazuya
07.09.09, 13:15
OLEDs still seem like a far off technology that's presently really expensive – but the same can be said for many emerging and fancy pieces of tech.

As expensive as OLEDs are right now, Samsung seems to think that it'll be able to sell a consumer laptop with the display technology by the end of 2010.

"Samsung is the largest OLED screen manufacturer. And as soon as it's available commercially for laptops we will adopt it," said Kyu Uhm, head of worldwide sales and marketing for Samsung's Computing Division, according to a TechRadar story. Uhm later added that we could see the product "Probably sometime Q3 next year."

Samsung OLED Laptop Coming Late 2010 - Tom's Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-oled-laptop-notebook-amoled,8598.html)

Dynamic
07.09.09, 21:06
I cannot wait for OLED. It is such a cool new tech. I love how it can be flexible!

Darth
09.09.09, 10:42
I want to see OLED in Action as well but unfortunately i don't have the time to visit the IFA Exhibtion. Hope they show up sometime this year in my favourite electronic retailer shop