PDA

View Full Version : The Most Dangerous Web Sites For Your PC!

starforce
23.08.09, 08:12
Hi,

The Most Dangerous Web Sites For Your PC!

Internet security company Norton Symantec has come up with a list of Top 100 Dirtiest sites, which could infect your computer with malware.
Malware is a software that can damage or compromise a computer system without the owner's consent.
Natalie Connor, spokeswoman of the anti-virus company, said that even visiting any of the named websites could expose a computer to infection and put the personal information into the hands of unwanted people.
"What people don't realise is when you type in a website, you're bringing down information on a page and with it could be malware," News.com.au quoted her as saying.
The list was compiled with the help of global data collected on Norton Safe Web, a site that analysed websites' security risks.
The infected sites had on average 18,000 threats and 40 per cent of the sites had more than 20,000 threats, while 75 per cent of websites on the list were found to be spreading malware for over six months.
According to Connor, most websites in the list had adult content with unprintable names, suggesting they contained hardcore stupidgraphy.
Some others sites include those on ice skating, deer hunting, catering and legal services.
Hackers can apparently obtain personal information using keystroke-logging software from both PCs and Mac computers.
The reps said that hackers are a force to reckon with as cyber crime is increasing rapidly.
She added: "The last thing we want to do is scare people, we want to educate them so they know how to protect themselves.
"It's not about the fame any more of creating viruses and getting in the media. They're making money."

Norton released a sample of the dirtiest websites:

17ebook.com
aladel.net
bpwhamburgorchardpark.org
clicnews.com
dfwdiesel.net
divineenterprises.net
fantasticfilms.ru
gardensrestaurantandcatering.com
ginedis.com
gncr.org
hdvideoforums.org
hihanin.com
kingfamilyphotoalbum.com
likaraoke.com
mactep.org
magic4you.nu
marbling.pe.kr
nacjalneg.info
pronline.ru
purplehoodie.com
qsng.cn
seksburada.net
sportsmansclub.net
stock888.cn
tathli.com
teamclouds.com
texaswhitetailfever.com
wadefamilytree.org
xnescat.info
yt118.com

For More Info Visit

Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - Dirtiest websites of Summer 2009 (http://safeweb.norton.com/dirtysites)
worning
visiting any of the named websites could expose a computer to infection and put the personal information into the hands of unwanted people.
regards starforce

Renk
23.08.09, 14:49
Hi,

worning
visiting any of the named websites could expose a computer to infection and put the personal information into the hands of unwanted people.
regards starforce

And not microsoft.com in the list ?? :biggrin:

anon
23.08.09, 17:53
Use the QUOTE tag, starforce. :wink:

Otherwise, thanks for the info. Blocking these via the hosts file would be a good idea.

starforce
23.08.09, 21:01
And not microsoft.com in the list ?? :biggrin:
yep one off the most end Bad site windows update need to be in this list :biggrin:

shoulder
23.08.09, 21:05
To be honest I haven't heard of any of them before. :tongue:

SealLion
23.08.09, 23:17
Look at this:

wadefamilytree.org

Someone must have hacked thier site, I guess.

Well, if you have a decent AV or even good externsions such as Interclue that tell you if the site is phishing or not, you shouldn't really have that much problems.

Most of the AV's out there take this sort of information into consideration and add it into thier blocked domains list.

Some do at least.

anon
23.08.09, 23:19
OpenDNS could also help, although it doesn't block that one. It looks like a "good" site to me.

SBfreak
23.08.09, 23:35
Be careful..Iron warns me about wadefamilytree.org."Phishing atack detected"

anon
23.08.09, 23:37
PhishTank says:

Nothing known about Untitled Document (http://wadefamilytree.org/)

For me the site redirects to genealogy.com.

kazuya
24.08.09, 09:43
Never heard of this sites.There are not so dangerous if nobody can't find them:biggrin:

takomania
26.08.09, 00:03
^same here.

chances are the urls in the list are always changing anyhow, so i reckon their list is pretty much worthless...

thecoolest
26.08.09, 08:43
omg..dont remember all i have option install web of trust addon on firefox works grt also let u give site ratings & information too if u want too ;)try it i do...works like charm

Empoleon
27.08.09, 11:46
Most worthwhile thing Norton Symantec have done in years, their products are utter crud.

w1shmast3r
06.09.09, 09:43
i havent heard any of these site. whats so dangerous about them? i mean what malware/trojans do u get from them?

anon
06.09.09, 17:48
i mean what malware/trojans do u get from them?

Supposedly they download viruses, as well as keyloggers, and some exploit security/browser vulnerabilities to achieve this.

zipang
07.09.09, 22:27
You can find a list if you search HOST file data site.
I pointed dangerous sites to local 127.0.0.1.

starforce
08.09.09, 01:12
i havent heard any of these site. whats so dangerous about them? i mean what malware/trojans do u get from them?
go to this site end You'll learn a lot also + has video clips this is step by step malware/trojans what how whyy:top:
Remove Malware. Learn how to remove malware and keep your PC secure. (http://remove-malware.com/)
regards
starforce

th3villain
08.09.09, 07:48
best thing you can do is use a secure browser (firefox). if you find yourself getting lots of browsing related malware, consider disabling javascript or at least having it request permission before use (ex. noscript addon)

many danger sites target IE exploits (via activex etc.) for access into your comp

starforce
08.09.09, 08:09
best thing you can do is use a secure browser (firefox). if you find yourself getting lots of browsing related malware, consider disabling javascript or at least having it request permission before use (ex. noscript addon)

many danger sites target IE exploits (via activex etc.) for access into your comp
or you cen use Sandboxie it working with internet explorer end firefox:top:
Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing (http://www.sandboxie.com/)
se this review on internet explorer 8
YouTube - Internet Explorer SmartScreen Filter Vs. Malware
the best for me is fire fox :top:
regards
starforce

anon
08.09.09, 15:28
Globally disabling JavaScript would be impractical, since a lot of sites use it for useful purposes (for example, SB-I needs JS for the Thanks button, Quick Reply, and the dropdown menus below the header to work). So I'm for installing NoScript if you use Firefox, or BlockIt if on Opera.

Browsing the Net inside a sandbox is also a good idea! Sandboxed programs can't affect the rest of your system, and it's a matter of making two clicks and everything you did is gone. :cool:

starforce
08.09.09, 15:46
@anon

system, and it's a matter of making two clicks and everything you did is gone.
more info on the 2 click
this 2 cliack
sanbox setting
in the delete
mark the
end
?

anon
08.09.09, 15:48
Right-click the Sandboxie tray icon, go to "Delete Sandbox" while holding the left button, release it, and press Y in your keyboard. :biggrin:

starforce
08.09.09, 17:26
lol Thank You anon :shockkk!:scared the $hit off me all the windows closed lol :shockkk!:
:biggrin:

anon
08.09.09, 19:39
I use Sandboxie 3.02 and it asks me to close all sandboxed programs before clearing the box :tongue:

Renk
11.09.09, 20:28
Hi,

For More Info Visit

Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - Dirtiest websites of Summer 2009 (http://safeweb.norton.com/dirtysites)
worning
regards starforce

You could also visit to the following site, a kind of a museum of the worst malware:

What is MD:Pro?

MD:Pro is a vast malware repository with a huge collection of samples, offered for the purposes of analysis, testing and malware research. Based on customer feedback we have greatly improved MD:Pro to become an invaluable tool for malware analysis - on top of increased malware volume clients can now enjoy the benefits of a dynamic web site with advanced malware analytics, packer identification, multiple AV scanning results and much more.

MD:Pro - About (http://frame4.net/about)

You even can DL some of these living cyber-aliens, but the subscription for it is not entirely free ($1070/month). :biggrin:

knivestv
23.09.09, 01:27
Never heard of any sites on that list. I am tempted to pop one open in a VM just to see what's there though.... :tongue:

starforce
23.09.09, 05:28
Never heard of any sites on that list. I am tempted to pop one open in a VM just to see what's there though.... :tongue:
lol go for it it is only vm :biggrin::shockkk!::top:

chonk
10.10.09, 19:27
this web sites are useful to check your antivirus program. if it's failed, you need to change your av :)

adry
11.10.09, 15:40
Never heard about any sites on that list.

keops
11.10.09, 19:28
I never heard any of this sites.

ironace
21.11.09, 13:37
Well Can Norton Antivirus or whatever actually stop any of these sites from exploiting you computer

anon
21.11.09, 17:25
Since it's Symantec that published the list, it probably can. There's also the alternative of blocking them via hosts file, of course.