PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

yoco
21.08.09, 13:50
Release Date: December 18, 2009 (conventional 3D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Cameron
Screenwriter: James Cameron
Starring: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Peter Mensah, Laz Alonso, Wes Studi, Stephen Lang, Matt Gerald
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

"Avatar" is the story of an ex-Marine who finds himself thrust into hostilities on an alien planet filled with exotic life forms. As an Avatar, a human mind in an alien body, he finds himself torn between two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the indigenous people. More than ten years in the making, "Avatar" marks Cameron's return to feature directing since helming 1997's "Titanic," the highest grossing film of all time and winner of eleven Oscars® including Best Picture. WETA Digital, renowned for its work in "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy" and "King Kong," will incorporate new intuitive CGI technologies to transform the environments and characters into photorealistic 3D imagery that will transport the audience into the alien world rich with imaginative vistas, creatures and characters.
YouTube - AVATAR - International Teaser Trailer (HD)

Dynamic
22.08.09, 05:24
I am not impressed...for it being the most expensive movie ever made. I hope there is much better content

alpacino
22.08.09, 07:36
Oh Darn! Youtube deleted the video :frown:

yoco
22.08.09, 12:48
Fixed! :top:

SBfreak
22.08.09, 14:33
I like the trailer..besides those look like trolls from World of Warcraft.

yoco
23.08.09, 11:55
This movie is suppose to have the bigest budget so far, right? You think it's gonna be any good?

alpacino
23.08.09, 13:20
I'm impressed too, nice trailer. Seems this fantasy film will be really worth waiting for. And from coming from Mr. Cameron, it should be very good.

yoco
29.10.09, 19:37
New trailer
YouTube - James Cameron's Avatar trailer 2 - vonst - HD -

ciccio
13.12.09, 01:49
i can say one word: the trailer of this movie maybe is the best i ever seen!

jockey
13.12.09, 04:20
The trailer is good ..
Hope the movie will be..that good

yoco
13.12.09, 11:46
Some first reviews say, that the movie is actually good, but nothing special!

ironace
13.12.09, 13:50
I would not be surprised if it was as bad as 2012, it did have good effects but not really a plot. There was so much hype over it and it didnt live up to it. Hope James Cameron made Avatar a really interesting and enjoyable film.

Blocker
20.12.09, 23:33
I like the trailer

I think I should go to the cinema next weekend

yoco
21.12.09, 13:11
I would not be surprised if it was as bad as 2012, it did have good effects but not really a plot. There was so much hype over it and it didnt live up to it. Hope James Cameron made Avatar a really interesting and enjoyable film.

Rating on IMDB is pretty high for such movie. Maybe Cameron did another great job?

Blocker
06.01.10, 06:44
Great Cameron's movie

3D experience is awesome!

8.7/10

:top:

Mihai
06.01.10, 18:32
Saw at in 3 D just after Chirstmas.Great movie

cheatos
07.01.10, 14:50
shit, i was supposed to watch it in the cinema today, but i got in the wrong time, i only had the option to watch Sherlock Holmes which is great too,

well, i guess i'll watch Avatar without 3D :frown:

shadowww
10.01.10, 13:10
I watched Avatar in 3d cinema recently, and I'm giving it 8/10

Its absolutely visually and technically perfect movie. Pure enjoyment just watching the world that Cameron built for this movie. Great immersion!

Character build is fine too, I liked Pandora's people very much, the look and feel of them is done very well. American marine guy is only bit of cliche guy, he didn't impress me much.

Story is the weakest point of the movie, because its classic and simple but the way it is told to us is something very unique and special.

I would recommend this movie to everyone, go watch it in cinema with 3d glasses, you will definetly not be sorry. Its one of best american movies in last decade if you ask me. Its worth watching just for the visuals...

I do not recommend any cam rips or sth similar that can be d/l-ed from net. That sux very much, and you lose like 70% of enjoyment. Just go watch it in cinema! You can/should/must also take your girlfriend with you. ;)

bizzzar
04.02.10, 13:38
I'm waiting for the time it will be released on BD so I can download it in HD.

gammör
04.02.10, 14:14
I'm waiting for the time it will be released on BD so I can download it in HD.
At least a DVD version is out now...

SBfreak
04.02.10, 15:10
At least a DVD version is out now...

Not quite.Only screeners at the moment and some custom made dvd's out of them.Still better quality is a must.

yoco
04.02.10, 18:28
I don't think we'll see a good DVD for at least a month or maybe even longer!

Mihai
04.02.10, 18:43
I don't think we'll see a good DVD for at least a month or maybe even longer!

Of corse not.They will wait until people are sick of watching it in cinemas

shadowww
05.02.10, 01:01
GO WATCH THIS IN CINEMA WITH 3D GLASSES OMG!

for home viewing will sux unless we get at least 720p blueray rips. but it will still sux compared to cinema.

SBfreak
05.02.10, 02:44
Just finished watching.What can I say..it rocked even without 3D.

atlantis
05.02.10, 10:38
there is glasses for pc users too right ? but they was very expensive

yoco
05.02.10, 17:56
So do you guys think it deserves 9 nominations for oscar?

SBfreak
05.02.10, 17:57
Nope:confused2:.It was good but not better than Sherlock Holmes..

Instab
05.02.10, 18:00
So do you guys think it deserves 9 nominations for oscar?

just for the sfx :tongü:

Blocker
05.02.10, 19:54
Cameron confirms avatar's trilogy

Sounds awesome!

James Cameron Planning ‘Avatar’ Trilogy, Director Tells MTV News MTV Movies Blog (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/12/21/james-cameron-planning-avatar-trilogy-director-tells-mtv-news/)

Vation
05.02.10, 19:58
I am not sure if this can be lead forward if there anything more to tell, alien was awesome, matrix in my opinion was a concept for one movie(2 and 3 were in my opinion B class cinema)
But avatar i am not sure if its repeatable.

Musique01
12.02.10, 22:03
Avatar 3D was a pretty solid and well built movie at least for me. Worth every penny I spent for it.

Will there be a continuation? If it will then I am sure it would take some time to be made...

kazuya
13.02.10, 17:05
Avatar 3D was a pretty solid and well built movie at least for me. Worth every penny I spent for it.

Will there be a continuation? If it will then I am sure it would take some time to be made...

As i know there will be 3 Avatar movies...

yoco
13.02.10, 18:36
And I think story will be different. I mean it won't be a sequel to this one!

Musique01
16.02.10, 19:06
Got it boys, time will tell..

GhostCode
23.02.10, 03:38
i still havenot seen it...i am hearing mix reviews from people...

but i think from what i hear i will like it!

kazuya
23.02.10, 11:52
And I think story will be different. I mean it won't be a sequel to this one!

they tell it will maybe be so,who knows

saebrtooth
23.02.10, 12:33
Yes the rumours are true there has been confirmation about a sequel to be made.

Link (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/08/avatar-sequel-confirmed-by-james-cameron-and-heres-what-wed-like-to-see/)

Shortly before "Avatar" came out, director James Cameron told MTV that he has a larger story in mind for the movie's universe. "We'll follow Jake and Neytiri," he said. "I have a trilogy-scaled arc of story right now, but I haven't really put any serious work into writing a script."

At that point, there was nothing official to announce. People knew the movie was going to make money -- this is James Cameron we're talking about -- but no one could know just what a monumental success "Avatar" would become. Now that we know? Cameron's much more open to discussing what's next.

link (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i9ee4b481143e87d79516ecde091df129)

NEW YORK -- News Corp. is in very early talks with James Cameron about a possible "Avatar" sequel.

Asked about potential "Avatar" sequels, chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch said on his quarterly earnings call Tuesday that the conglomerate is in "very early talks about it." Director James Cameron "has ideas" for a sequel, he said, adding: "We will be pushing for one."

But he cautioned analysts not to "hold your breath for an early one" in a possible reference to Cameron projects often taking a long time to come to fruition.

News Corp. deputy chairman, president and COO Chase Carey interjected that both sides want to make another movie. "We certainly both intend to have one," he said.

The executives said financing of a sequel like of any movies these days would be key as News Corp. likes to lay off risk, especially since Cameron films tend to go over budget. But given the success of "Avatar," financing details could come together.

SBfreak
23.02.10, 14:49
I wonder if the second one will get "the most expensive movie" title again.:rolleyes2:

saebrtooth
24.02.10, 04:41
It will have to exceed the expectations of everyone. I think it will be up there same or exceeding the previous budget. But then the could reuse a lot of the computer models already used which would save them some money.

SBfreak
24.02.10, 15:37
But then the could reuse a lot of the computer models already used which would save them some money.
He could use some of the environment too,re-polished and with some tweaks..I'm not sure the second one's budget will go over the first one.

saebrtooth
25.02.10, 05:51
He could use some of the environment too,re-polished and with some tweaks..I'm not sure the second one's budget will go over the first one.

Yup, if they're smart. I remember whe nthe matrix came out it was massive, altho I enjoyed the 2nd one but critics always say the 2nd one isnt as good. High expectations.

If they depart from te original story its gona be much harder to make it a success like the first.

Se7Ven
27.02.10, 16:36
i think this movie is great and it tell us a deep truth inside the story its the fantasy about a race told from the point of view of white people in this world.

sure a classic scenario you've seen in epics from Dances With Wolves to District 9 its a apartheid flick about other races.

saebrtooth
28.02.10, 09:45
District 9 from the point of view of an academic or if the story is close to heart i would say it was an excellent story but from a common viewers point of view it was (to me any way) a total cinematic flop (if I was comparing it for immersiveness or story telling)

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Cry Freedom (1987) now that was story telling and immersiveness you cant have it both ways, usually, unless your unusual like Cameron's Avatar