PDA

View Full Version : Forum Script!

Blackkatt
09.08.09, 18:06
Hi guy's.

Whatever script/s your using on the forum slows down my load time A LOT! with the script on (not blocked) it takes about 25sec or more too load a page. With it off (blocked) it takes 3sec

anon
10.08.09, 17:11
Approved + what do you mean with script?

Blackkatt
10.08.09, 17:23
Thnx man!

I don't know what script/s are used. But I know that the script handles the different function, like smileys, and other things like the thank you button. Stuff like that.

anon
10.08.09, 17:24
Oh, you mean JavaScript. My guess is that either there's something wrong with your browser, or that it/your PC isn't fast enough, because they work correctly here. You should do a test with Safari or Iron, both of which have very fast JS VMs.

cheatos
10.08.09, 17:30
the forum is fast here,
sometimes you may need to reboot the modem, the router
it helps sometimes.

Blackkatt
10.08.09, 17:41
Hehe, thank both of you. I'am what you call elite! heh J/K but I know a lot about computers. Are both of you located in Germany? I think it can be, if some script are located else where. It can take some time for me to get a response. I'm gonna test IE to see. I checked before but I totally forgot :P

IE here i come! (Test)

anon
10.08.09, 17:42
Are both of you located in Germany?

I'm not. Our server is hosted on Luxembourg anyway :tongue:

Blackkatt
10.08.09, 17:45
I'm not. Our server is hosted on Luxembourg anyway :tongue:

IE was faster. So there's something wrong with my browser for sure. (I have checked before with IE, before I started the thread but even IE was slow then. Must have been an accidental occurrence) thnx guy's.

Luxembourg not in Germany? :P

PS: When I said what script/s are used I didn't mean what kind. I meant name and purpose :)

anon
10.08.09, 17:48
It's definitely that, then. Which browser are you currently using?

Perhaps Firefox and you've disabled TraceMonkey because of that vulnerability?

Blackkatt
10.08.09, 17:55
It's definitely that, then. Which browser are you currently using?

Perhaps Firefox and you've disabled TraceMonkey because of that vulnerability?

I think I got it sorted. Seems it was the add-on "Adblock plus"

ah that vulnerability. Got latest Firefox 3.5.2 where it's fixed.

anon
10.08.09, 17:56
Actually I didn't know of the TraceMoney vulnerability. Tell me more.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=14121

SBfreak
10.08.09, 18:11
Firefox 3.5.1 with noscript worked like sh*t on this forum.Works fine right now with 3.5.2.

anon
10.08.09, 19:53
Firefox 3.5.1 with noscript worked like sh*t on this forum.

Tried adding an exception for SB-I? I always browsed the board like that when using Firefox. Board functions like the Thanks button or Quick Reply rely on JavaScript to work.

SBfreak
10.08.09, 20:05
Don't worry I'm not that noob.....:tongue:.Of course I added to exceptions SB-i.
the only things not allowed are bin-layer.de and google-analytics.com.

anon
10.08.09, 20:06
Don't worry I'm not that noob.....:tongue:

Sorry - it's a v3.5.1+NS issue, then :biggrin:

Blackkatt
10.08.09, 20:40
Sorry - it's a v3.5.1+NS issue, then :biggrin:

well this forum has always been kinda slow for me. maybe it's our servers or it's just my ISP. But I have no other problem on ANY other forum so it's kinda strange. I visit maybe 5 other forums with server all over the world with no problem what so ever :rolling_eyes: :frown:

Just now it took 10 seconds for the redirection site to finish, then another 5sec to load this page.

hitman
10.08.09, 20:59
Page generated in 0.26921 seconds that was if you click on Home

looks fine for me. if you go to the bottom of the page you can see there the amount of time needed to build up the page.

depending on your country location and distance you should have a little bit more but 15 seconds is unusual.

ghostfucker
10.08.09, 21:20
Page generated in 0.26921 seconds
generating means building the page on server side, but not the load time on client side...thats a big difference!

anyway, sbi loads on my pc in less then three seconds.

hitman
10.08.09, 23:09
you are right but in general if the server would be slow would you not see there an incensement?

Blackkatt
11.08.09, 09:29
From here to Home took about 6sec. That tells me it's most probably due too the distance. Don't know what else it can be. Pinging sbi took 53ms, pinging a server located in my home country took 36ms :rolling_eyes: