PDA

View Full Version : The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

yoco
08.08.09, 10:50
Release Date: TBA
Studio: Davis Film
Director: Terry Gilliam
Screenwriter: Terry Gilliam, Charles McKeown
Starring: Heath Ledger, Christopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Lily Cole, Andrew Garfield, Verne Troyer, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Jude Law
Genre: Drama, Fantasy

"The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" is a fantastical morality tale, set in the present day. It tells the story of Dr Parnassus and his extraordinary 'Imaginarium', a traveling show where members of the audience get an irresistible opportunity to choose between light and joy or darkness and gloom. Blessed with the extraordinary gift of guiding the imaginations of others, Dr Parnassus is cursed with a dark secret. Long ago he made a bet with the devil, Mr Nick, in which he won immortality. Many centuries later, on meeting his one true love, Dr Parnassus made another deal with the devil, trading his immortality for youth, on condition that when his first-born reached its 16th birthday he or she would become the property of Mr Nick.
YouTube - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (Trailer 2009)

alpacino
10.08.09, 08:48
Very nice, I love fantasy films, and Johnny Depp and Heath Ledger? Count me in. Wait a minute... Heath Ledger? :confused: Digital sh*t, crazy times we live in. Well I guess this was filmed before his death, and the film was being edited or post production stuff.

Empoleon
10.08.09, 11:51
Al, Heath died during the filming of this movie, so your right by saying the rest of his scenes could have been CGI.

I dig the title name :)

SealLion
11.08.09, 00:36
So do I. I love fantasy films too. Who is that woman, though??

I really liked the CG in this one too.

Gonna have to remember to download this one when it comes out.

very good trailer too. Though, I hope that it doesn't 'over-rate' (sorry, can't think of the correct word atm) some of these films, you know what I mean??