PDA

View Full Version : utorrent 1.6xxx and utorrent 1.7xxx

zatoicchi
30.11.07, 07:42
Does anybody know to install utorrent 1.6 and 1.7 at the same computer with any conflicts between the two software????

A-Day
06.12.07, 22:58
you can put the .exe's in different folders. then create a settings.dat in each folder. this will make it use global settings for every user on your pc, if you have more than one user. :) i haven't tried it yet, but some of the old mods did it this way.

A-Day
13.12.07, 00:00
i tried this out and i wanted to run multiple instances of ut, but i couldn't. so i searched the ut forums and came up on this,

using multiple instances of utorrent.

1) Create a new folder
2) Copy utorrent.exe into that folder
3) Copy the .dat files from %appdata%\uTorrent into this new folder
4) Create a shortcut for this utorrent.exe in this folder
5) Edit the shortcut's target by adding /RECOVER to the end of the Target, outside of any quotation marks, and separated with a space.
6) Open this shortcut. Your settings should be retained, just edit the IP and/or port you want to bind to

Repeat for each instance you want.

i just tried this out and it works. i wanted to have 2 different instances because i use the stealth mod and it doesn't work well on public trackers like thepiratebay or eztv. it can get the peers, but the torrent doesn't start downloading. so i have the stealth mod running for private trackers and the regular utorrent running for torrents from public trackers. :)

if anyone can get the stealth mods to work on a fresh torrent from public trackers, let me know.!

zatoicchi
13.12.07, 02:41
A-Day
which version of stealth Mod are you running for privates trackers just curious because there are so many choices out there.plus im looking for the best mod i can use..i think my account at bitme just got disabled and i was not even using high upoloads or anything..just fake 8x at 8kbs max

A-Day
13.12.07, 04:52
i am using my own private stealth mod, which doesn't send <null> info in the announce string. trackers might detect a <null> string and ban you.

you can use an app called URLSnooper to find out the announce string that gets sent to the trackers. if you see a <null>, then it is a broken mod and you might get caught.