PDA

View Full Version : registry guide

starforce
24.07.09, 02:02
The Windows Registry Guide provides an extensive range registry tips, tricks & tweaks for optimizing, enhancing and securing the Windows operating system. Get started by exploring the categorized tweaks below or visit us online at

PC Tools Guides for Windows (http://www.winguides.com/)

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/945096/registry%20guide.chm 1.1 mb
1.1 mb
Disclaimer: Editing you registry involves inherent risk, backup any registry entry before changing it.
regards
starforce

anon
24.07.09, 18:34
The link was broken, I've fixed it. And please use the QUOTE tag when quoting text from other sites.

shadowww
24.07.09, 23:53
I don't know what is this program about, but i wouldn't recommend playing with such swiss-knifes. Too many things can go wrong for an average windows user. And there isn't really that much tweaking freedom in registry.

If u are into optimizing / tweaking your pc better use something reliable like Tune Up utilities.

anon
24.07.09, 23:56
And there isn't really that much tweaking freedom in registry.

There are some nice things, like the DisablePagingExecutive, for example.

From my experience, programs such as TuneUp Utilities of MagicTweak can't do anything you can't achieve via editing the Registry, my favorite way :biggrin:

They're easier to use though, and have less chances to screw up compared to deleting an important key by accident, for example.

shadowww
25.07.09, 00:25
Windows registry is such a mess that without proper tools you can hardly do anything by your own. Starting up regedit and wandering on random will not give you any success. This method is good only when you know exactly what value/effect you want produce/change.

By the way, linux systems does not have registry (or anything similar) at all. Makes one big advantage over windows and proves architectual inferiority of windows OS.

anon
25.07.09, 00:53
Windows registry is such a mess that without proper tools you can hardly do anything by your own. Starting up regedit and wandering on random will not give you any success. This method is good only when you know exactly what value/effect you want produce/change.

I know what to change, so no problem there :cool:

By the way, there are other third party registry editors, too, Lavasoft's RegHance for example - a neat piece of software.

Something like an undo or undelete function would be the best; in the meantime, I make daily backups.

starforce
25.07.09, 06:53
i love to play with my os format play with the Registry this is the best Way to be Advanced user it is Very Important not to be a noob in the internet it is a $hit Place to be a noob you cen get hackd all this tut is good to play end Learn.
what wont kill you well make you Strong :)
regards
starforce