PDA

View Full Version : The whole scene problem

SBfreak
22.07.09, 19:28
Well now I think I understand DarkSaibot.I feel empty inside somehow and I am sick of all this "scene".Probably because I don't understand how things work or probably I have all the trackers I need right now.:biggrin:
Let me explain what I understood till now.
There are like over 1000 trackers and most user target only max 30.The rest of them die slowly:eek13:.
And there are these l337:stupid: trackers that require so many proofs to join as if they were top secret while great tracker like TL,Demonoid and other amaze us everyday.
Am I correct?:cool:

anon
22.07.09, 19:29
I think you're basically right. Some users may have uses for those "l33t" trackers, but I personally am just fine with TL, FL.ro, Zamunda, etc.

However, there are people that need them for security reasons - a "secret" or community-based tracker is a lot safer for them that TL and its 200000 users, for example.

I made the mistake of trying to register at every tracker that opened in the past, until I realized it was only a few I needed - glad that was after RevTT opened, though :)

shoulder
22.07.09, 19:34
Trackers and in general P2P != Scene :wink2:

anon
22.07.09, 19:35
Yes, the core Scene doesn't like P2P because now anyone can get their releases. Yet some groups are seen stealing from trackers from time to time :rolling_eyes:

Although I'm not sure that's the scene SBfreak meant, since he enclosed the term between quotes in his post. LOL :tongue:

suroyo
22.07.09, 19:52
Considering what happened to OiNK , 'security reasons' doesn't hold much weight no ?

anon
22.07.09, 19:53
Yes, but OiNK wasn't "secret". I meant trackers like UK-T and FTN.

SBfreak
22.07.09, 20:05
Well we have a UK-T and a FTN review on SB-I so those trackers aren't that secret..

anon
22.07.09, 20:08
Not 100% secret, even CosaNostra got exposed. But UK-T, for example has disabled all invites, has a fake login page, doesn't keep any logs more than the necessary ones, etc.

My point is that such a tracker is safer for people that can get busted for P2Ping than TL, its 200000 users and invites that are given out like candy.

suroyo
22.07.09, 20:15
I don't understand the apparent animosity between the 'scene' and p2p. Their intents and motivations are something I doubt I'll get anytime soon.

arnold
22.07.09, 20:16
Trackers that needs proof give higher quality of service since it accepts only people who seed alot or "Make thier own upload" wwhich means mroe people will love it cuz it give them all what they do need which will increase the donations

So i think some trackers do it for money, while others do if for ads, more poeple = more clicks to ads

anon
22.07.09, 20:18
I don't understand the apparent animosity between the 'scene' and p2p.

Scene releases are meant to reach the Scene only. Basically, by leaking them to P2P, its users make law enforcement groups pay more attention to sceners as well, which probably wouldn't happen if they were only available to a few selected members.

This is how I've always understood it...

shadowww
22.07.09, 21:27
So thanks to the scene leaks we got access to scene stuff i guess?
Anyway, at TL i see much scene releases uploaded by "anonimous" uploader, exposing very little information thus making it hard for any law enforcments guys to track them down, seems very safe to me.

anon
22.07.09, 21:28
So thanks to the scene leaks we got access to scene stuff i guess?

So it is.

That "anonymous" thing is just for looks - you think Staff members see "anonymous", too? :wink:

And if TL keeps logs, their IPs will still show up there.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.07.09, 21:36
Not 100% secret, even CosaNostra got exposed. But UK-T, for example has disabled all invites, has a fake login page, doesn't keep any logs more than the necessary ones, etc.

CN has a great desing thought but the l\s numbers are the same that ptn has .

Well i can ask only one single question and simple one

What can i find on this elite trackers like uk-t ftn and i can't find one filelist.ro or tl or revtt?

Anon pointed out that elite trackers are elite cause they like do be anonimous.

I will say that beside that a lot of so called elite trackers are elite just to make money.

Who will consider the donate or buy and tl invite when you can find that everywhere? and all want to buy or donate on ftn or others elite trackers because they invites are so few.

anon
22.07.09, 21:37
Well i can ask only one single question and simple one

What can i find on this elite trackers like uk-t ftn and i can't find one filelist.ro or tl or revtt?

To quote shoulder, "Nothing". And add that to the fact that with the right tools, every tracker is ratio-free.

alpacino
23.07.09, 00:37
anon and DarkSaibot I completely agree with you on #2 and #14. The scene wants to remain anonymous and yet they compete each other with the so called "races". Not only that, they write nfos to describe releases, and also sometimes to cuss each other thus leaving a trail of logs all around.

Scene releases are meant to reach the Scene only. Basically, by leaking them to P2P, its users make law enforcement groups pay more attention to sceners as well, which probably wouldn't happen if they were only available to a few selected members.What about the paid FTPs? :tongue:
I'm inclined to think some sceners are profiting from this scene thing.

anon
23.07.09, 00:39
What about the paid FTPs? :tongue:
I'm inclined to think some sceners are profiting from this scene thing.

The core Scene hates those, though.

And NFOs aren't mean to reach the public, either ^^ But sites like NFOrce and SceneNotice make them available to everyone, just like with trackers.

alpacino
23.07.09, 01:07
The core Scene hates those, though.

And NFOs aren't mean to reach the public, either ^^ But sites like NFOrce and SceneNotice make them available to everyone, just like with trackers.Yes I'm aware of that. And I think no matter what they do, they will never be anonymous, it's simply impossible. And besides, I think deep down they don't wanna be anonymous. I mean, which human being don't want to draw attention? It's in the blood :biggrin: Which group don't want to brag about being the first to release this or that, or the first to crack that "impossible" protection, etc?

anon
23.07.09, 01:08
Yes I'm aware of that. And I think no matter what they do, they will never be anonymous, it's simply impossible.

Specially not at this point.

Which group don't want to brag about being the first to release this or that, or the first to crack that "impossible" protection, etc?

Yes, its competitive fashion is one of the Scene's characteristics. :tongue:

anonftw
23.07.09, 04:24
The P2P scene and the whole attitude of I'm better than you because I have access to this tracker and have 10 TBs uploaded and a huge ratio sickens me. It would be great if we could all share openly and let the media flow like water from a tap ! Unfortunately, this is simply not possible because this world does not share a universal value system and we also have too many different political structures involved in this scenario. Security and network resources are also at stake and for so many reasons it's just way more complicated than that to be possible.

There will always be those trying to profit from any system or situation. From those that can afford seedboxes to gather their "bitwealth" to those trying to profit from the sales of those seeboxes, the person that tries to profit from creating private "an elite" private tracker and collecting much more than necessary to run and maintain the servers and those that collect tracker accounts to make themselves feel better about themselves.

"The Scene" has been around much longer than P2P and is mostly just trying to play the never ending games of faster and more. Exclusivity is created due to security reasons and also for the self-importance of having won the game of getting it first. Publicity was never meant to come into play ............... :eek3:

.............Wow ! I'm going to stop before this turns into an essay or a book. :biggrin:

LOL Basically, I just wanted to say that their are many sides to this and we don't live in a perfect world. Make the best of it ! Don't take it all too seriously ! :top:

noobglitch
23.07.09, 09:18
Just leave them be... Just leech & seed. P2P will never die :biggrin:

Scene politics :rolleyes2:

anon
23.07.09, 18:06
"The Scene" has been around much longer than P2P and is mostly just trying to play the never ending games of faster and more. Exclusivity is created due to security reasons and also for the self-importance of having won the game of getting it first. Publicity was never meant to come into play ............... :eek3:

I think the same, too. Great text wall, anonftw :top: