PDA

View Full Version : The Strangest Airport in the World.

SealLion
17.07.09, 07:08
I found this via StumbleUpon.

It is really bizarre.

You have to go to the link;

slightlywarped.com's Curiosities (http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/curiosities/2009/gibraltarairport.htm)

It's really worth it to go and see the pics there.

Enjoy :)

anonftw
17.07.09, 07:14
Wow, this reminds me of those bridges that close down to let large ships through. Of course, that seems OK as it isn't feasible to build a tall bridge on a road with little traffic. But, this is bizarre.

darkside
17.07.09, 09:00
Waoo i have never thought airport would also be like this strange.

Mihai
17.07.09, 11:35
Wow.Now that i see this airport i don't consider the little airport in my city that shitty.:biggrin:

darklight
17.07.09, 16:23
strange man and i thought the airport in my city has less space:biggrin:

anon
17.07.09, 17:24
Why do they have to do this? Lack of space?

And what if there's an emergency landing? :tongue:

SBfreak
17.07.09, 17:28
Emergency landing over the cars FTW:tongue:

alpacino
17.07.09, 20:26
And what if there's an emergency landing? :tongue:The pilot'd better have some serious skills. :biggrin:

SealLion
18.07.09, 01:38
I guess they have to do this b/c they don't have enough space.
That would be my reason since it's on Gibralter and perhaps most of the land there is occupied by people, cars, horses, cats, donkeys, houses, dog-houses, apple trees, hamsters, ...etc...etc......I think you guys get the idea, yes??

and if there's an emergency landing, my guess is that all the little people get out of thier cars and scram as fast as they can. :D

Hellboy
18.07.09, 02:44
imao this airport is strange :rolleyes2:

boggie1688
27.07.09, 10:41
Anyone else see the fighter jet in the first picture?

Kinda weird to have military aircraft and commercial aircraft at the same location.

suroyo
30.07.09, 12:29
Anyone else see the fighter jet in the first picture?

Kinda weird to have military aircraft and commercial aircraft at the same location.

That's because the airport is owned by the U.K MoD and is used by the RAF. Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory.

There aren't any squadrons stationed there anymore but is regularly visited by RAF for practice, such as the one in the first pic.