PDA

View Full Version : General Trackers

classyboy
15.07.09, 16:49
How often do you use open trackers like PB, mininova etc.?

As for me, I use piratebay or torrentz.com (tracks multiple trackers) not so infrequently.
And to mention, many a time, I have found stuff on Piratebay, not there on the private trackers I have. Just recently, was searching for moonwalker version of MJ's Smooth Criminal video, and it was not there on any private tracker I have, except on Zamunda (88MB), and on Piratebay (228 MB). I DL it from PB, and speed was fine for me. The quality is great.
There are also many FLAC collections there, which are not easily found elsewhere, and even if found on What or Waffles, they have barely a few seeders. As for xvids, no doubt it is good.

Of course, my bias would be, I have a hopeless download speed of 256 Kbps (actual speed of 24 to 28 KB/sec), which must be one of the slowest in the world. So I manage to get speeds of 24 KB/sec on even low seeded torrents on PB which have some 10 seeds or so.

shawshankraj
15.07.09, 16:56
I always use Btjunkie.org as a my search engine for Public tracker.
Actually I like Public tracker Movie Ripper like Keltz, newartriot, SecretMyth [My FAv. movie releaser]..I like him H264 Movie Superb Quality..

Also TPB is great plca to find OLD release and Some application,But personally I don't like their search engine..

anonftw
15.07.09, 17:16
I very rarely use TPB or Mininova anymore. I still use Demonoid on occasion to find oddities and it tracks stuff from TPB and others trackers. As a very last resort I use a public search engine like BTJunkie, but I mainly stick to private trackers though for speeds and safety.

anon
15.07.09, 18:07
I mostly use public trackers for content such as old movies and games I can't find on private ones. Speeds are almost always never the best, but I do bother to stay seeding 1:1 and some more. :smile:

Blocker
16.07.09, 04:22
rarely!

I just use them in case of a rare stuff

I also use BTJunkie

Dynamic
16.07.09, 06:10
I use Demonoid now because of the sellout of TPB. I find that I like demon more because it was my first and I feel at home with them. :)

However, private is for speed

anon
16.07.09, 18:21
However, private is for speed

_and_ security, remember the FSF article about people being hit by their ISPs from downloading Demonoid torrents?

Kyllyee
16.07.09, 18:31
Demonoid is basically a public tracker as anyone who wants in can easily find an invite anywhere.

I usually use Demonoid ( i think of it as being public ) for all sorts of really old and rare content, like old comics.

anon
16.07.09, 18:34
Demonoid is basically a public tracker as anyone who wants in can easily find an invite anywhere.

It's officially semi-private :biggrin:

Kyllyee
16.07.09, 18:36
It's officially semi-private :biggrin:

Just wondering, who gave it the *official* tag?? :smile:

SBfreak
16.07.09, 18:37
I use demonoid alot these days
and Torrents Search Engine (http://www.torrentz.com) too.

anon
16.07.09, 18:38
Kyllyee, well, finding invites is really easy, but without one, you can't browse old torrents. So it's not 100% public.

darkside
16.07.09, 18:55
Bascially i use demonoid , zumunda and rarbg for rare stuff only.

shawshankraj
17.07.09, 04:00
Bascially i use demonoid , zumunda and rarbg for rare stuff only.

IF u want to find rare stuff some time try emule if u have nothing to do..U can easily find good one on this .

SealLion
17.07.09, 06:29
Personnally, I don't think I've used a public site in a long time.

I kinda got over the use of them when, in the days of yore, that great and mystic SealSpirit flew me over the great cloud lands and didst shew me how sweet and godly the land of PrivateTorrent was.

After I had a taste from the land of Milk And Honey, I never did return.

LOL.

cutiepie
17.07.09, 09:18
I use Demonoid whenever I need to find something rare or whenever it's something extremely popular and I don't have to mess with my ratios on the more private trackers!

But then again, I can always cheat... :tongue:

CS Curse
17.07.09, 14:02
I'm always afraid if I use sites like "Torrents Search Engine", I will get fake torrent or virusses etc. Is my fear justified?

shawshankraj
17.07.09, 14:55
Is my fear justified?

YEs..
But If u real Public tracker user than always read Comment,that suggest that Quality of torrent..

shoulder
17.07.09, 15:05
I don't use public trackers, too dangerous in my country. :wink:

anon
17.07.09, 16:40
I'm always afraid if I use sites like "Torrents Search Engine", I will get fake torrent or virusses etc. Is my fear justified?

Oh yes it is :biggrin:

But you can use VerTor.com to search for public torrents. They check the files for malware and DRM.