PDA

View Full Version : [eMule] Are leechers really worth it?

Rasec
05.07.09, 19:46
Hi there. I've been wondering now with all the unlimited traffic adsl and cable access is there any real benefit from using leecher mods with emule besides all the options that normal mods can also have?
Ive been using leechers for years because i had traffic limits but now i dont and often use normal emules that are faster to open and close and i dont mind the 10kbs or more upload limit.

anon
05.07.09, 20:04
Well, some leecher mods have features that could speed things up, fake rank, community tag emulation, etc., for example.

But I'll have to agree with desodorante on that if you're able to, upload to the network. It already has enough problems with fake servers, files, ... :smile:

desodorante
07.07.09, 03:22
Did someone mentioned my name? :tongue:
I use Neo-RS, the most feature rich mod (that I know of). No leecher options enabled, I just found the balance between uploading and downloading. Mine is about 60% of my upload speed.

anon
07.07.09, 17:46
Did someone mentioned my name? :tongue:

That's got to be me :smile:

Your post proves mods with leecher abilities can be good, too :biggrin:

delphine0
07.07.09, 17:58
Hi

I think some people also use leecher mods and particularly No Upload mods to decrease the risk of beeing caught by police in some countries.

No share + no upload + no publish files help being a little more hidden

... even you can be caught by our ip while downloading

anon
07.07.09, 18:00
Hi

I think some people also use leecher mods and particularly No Upload mods to decrease the risk of beeing caught by police in some countries.

Yes, that's a point I missed. If your country doesn't ban downloading but yes uploading, a leecher mod can help you get your stuff safely. But better use private trackers such as TL or ScT if possible, whose huge userbase and amount of seedboxes, respectively, won't mind your leeching. :biggrin:

Rasec
07.07.09, 19:48
I dont think ill be arrested for using emule :p I live in portugal which its a very permissive country regarding internet.
I have some coleagues being warned by their isps because of p2p but mainly because traffic exceded 300gb/month.