PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about 3D Movie ?

joey
04.07.09, 12:12
Later this day I will see my first 3D movie "Ice Age 3".
It make real changes? or it's not really usefull the 3D effect?

maxyo2002
04.07.09, 12:19
It's different, it's just another way to see a movie, things change

joey
04.07.09, 12:25
I hope that it don't make headaches ^^

anonftw
04.07.09, 12:25
I actually like the Real-D or whatever it's called. It certainly beats the old ways they did 3D. I saw Star Trek and Coraline this way and is was definitely nice.

joey
04.07.09, 12:29
Star Trek must be impressive in 3D. I suppose that the space seems to be infinite like with the great planetarium ^^

splicer
04.07.09, 13:06
The 3D effect is there solely to entertain, and it's worth it; CGI movies are the best to view in 3D I think.

downtown
04.07.09, 18:55
joey, please tell us how it was. A little review would be nice so I know if it's worth seeing in the cinema :top:

naughtydog
04.07.09, 19:02
joey, please tell us how it was. A little review would be nice so I know if it's worth seeing in the cinema :top:

I believe advancements in technology means good and better things as well as improved features so the movie will be great. Try getting a BR and it will be a nice experience.... :top:

slikrapid
04.07.09, 19:12
as long as there are side effects like nausea, eye fatigue and whatnot combined with low user friendliness i would say it isn't worth it (surely not as frequent entertainment) - hopefully holographic technology can bring better experience

alpacino
04.07.09, 20:27
I still haven't tried 3D cinemas either, I have the opportunity to go watch Ice Age 3 these days, but I'm a little apprehensive, my local cinema charges a bit higher for 3D rooms and I'm a lens glass user, so I don't know how that will work. I think I will give it a shot during this week, let's see.

downtown
04.07.09, 20:39
Seems cool for sure. I'll look around for a 3D cinema where i live. I'm a lens glass user too so let's see about that :P

naughtydog
04.07.09, 21:13
haha it seems most of us are lens glass users including myself. Maybe there should new devices made for us. Sadly i cant think of any 3D cinemas near but you guys should share your experience here if you do see the movies... :D

pat67
05.07.09, 16:41
I think 3D it's not really usefull

joey
06.07.09, 14:37
It was cool :p particularly when there was speed action like birds flying or down a hill.
It's a good way to attract people in theaters :o)
I think 3d is especially for animation, action or Sci-Fi movie. A 3d romantic movie will not be great ^^

PS: Ice Age 3 is awesome :p the new character "Buck" is excellent ^^

downtown
06.07.09, 15:24
Nice. You conviced me! i'm off to a 3D cinema later this week, found one in the area where i live :biggrin:

RDK
06.07.09, 15:53
To me the 3D movies make bad to my eyes. :mad2:

James73
07.07.09, 00:43
I have downloaded Battle for Terra 3D but it looks like other movies... do I need a special client in my PC to see the new 3D quality?

splicer
07.07.09, 01:09
Good question; To be honest I don't think you can... if you happen to have those 3D glasses where 1 lens is red and the other blue try that out, but I don't know.

Interestingly NVidia have these products:
NVIDIA 3D Vision (http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html)

You may also want to read the torrent's comments... see if there is any info there.

alpacino
07.07.09, 02:21
Good question; To be honest I don't think you can... if you happen to have those 3D glasses where 1 lens is red and the other blue try that out, but I don't know.

Interestingly NVidia have these products:
NVIDIA 3D Vision (http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html)

You may also want to read the torrent's comments... see if there is any info there.

I don't think you will get good results using those blue and red glasses, this nVidia gear seems to be the "stuff" you need, but it may get seriously expensive, considering you must have all the set, i.e.: special glasses, compatible monitor, compatible 3d card and (according to nVidia) Windows Vista or Seven.

anonftw
07.07.09, 02:42
I notice that Coraline was released in 3D. But they used the old 2-color technology on the release and it is available on most scene sites. The theatrical version was way better with the stereoscopic 3D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealD_Cinema) method.

James73
07.07.09, 03:05
This thread reminds me a movie, "Strange Days" where the director imagines a future where we can see videos directly in our minds, through a wired machine connected to a small disk and applied in our heads! Perhaps one day this may become true...

nextor
07.07.09, 03:46
Guess I will give this a try. Ice age is fun anyways though! =)

noobglitch
07.07.09, 20:24
I think 3D movies will be like the electric car, video phone & webtv. Great but never got off.

downtown
08.07.09, 19:45
Do you get some kind of special glasses when you enter those 3D cinemas or how does it separate from ordinary cinemas? only the technic?

anonftw
09.07.09, 05:09
Do you get some kind of special glasses when you enter those 3D cinemas or how does it separate from ordinary cinemas? only the technic?

For the Real D movies, the usher gives you a set of black plastic-framed glasses when you buy your tickets and they have a recycling box to dispose of them when you leave.

noobglitch
09.07.09, 05:43
For the Real D movies, the usher gives you a set of black plastic-framed glasses when you buy your tickets and they have a recycling box to dispose of them when you leave.

Or you can take them home so you can download bluray 3D movies.

alpacino
09.07.09, 06:19

On my local 3D cinema they lend rent you a special kind of class, which can even be used along with lens glasses, though I didn't try them yet. But I talked to an employee who told me those were hi tech glasses and cost U$100 each :shockkk!:, I guess that's why they have those white parallel magnetic detectors (shop like) on the exit :biggrin:

anonftw
09.07.09, 06:32
Wow, I guess I am lucky to get to use them for free. I even have a pair around the house somewhere, but they are useless outside the theater. I thought maybe they would release something for home use that would utilize them. Looking now at how the technology works for that type of movie, it doesn't seem likely. But if they ever try to rent me a pair, I am set ! :biggrin:

asdasd22
09.07.09, 13:19
Well i ordered 3d glasses cost only like 2$ from dealextreme but it was not nice at all colors was bad all is shown red would beed 120hz monitor to get it work.

downtown
09.07.09, 20:47
I watched Ice Age 3D today and indeed i got those black glasses, but had to give them back when we left. The movie was great and it was a cool experience, especially in the beginning. After a while i didn't noticed the 3D anymore. Anyhow, it's fun but i don't feel it's worth 2x normal ticket price. Had to try though :tongue:

slikrapid
09.07.09, 22:14
Wow, I guess I am lucky to get to use them for free

somehow i think your 3d glasses aren't the same as al's rented ones :wink:

After a while i didn't noticed the 3D anymore. Anyhow, it's fun but i don't feel it's worth 2x normal ticket price. Had to try though

agreed, the technology has to be better to make a significant difference

Smiths
20.12.12, 14:32
It's good every once in a while. More of an entertaining gimmick than anything else. And once you've experienced the extent of it, that's about it

almogbla
15.05.13, 17:56
im my opinion until the technology will be able to work without glasses (or with completely transparent glasses ill keep going to regular movies)