PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program & Windows 7 Pricing - Bring on GA!

anon
26.06.09, 15:40

So here's the low-down on pricing for Windows 7. The estimated retail prices for upgrade packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

And the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99

Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program & Windows 7 Pricing ? Bring on GA! - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog (http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/06/25/announcing-the-windows-7-upgrade-option-program-amp-windows-7-pricing-bring-on-ga.aspx)

slikrapid
26.06.09, 16:29
a bit clearer (even though there is still the 'upgrade' nonsense, allowing for a higher full version price), unlike the vista package mess and naturally still to pricey

btw did you check the Win 7 p2p market value :wink:

Dynamic
27.06.09, 04:55
Of the people using it right now how does it compare to lets say XP and or Vista?

cheatos
27.06.09, 12:22
Of the people using it right now how does it compare to lets say XP and or Vista?

many of my friends says its very very fast and stable :wink: ..,

and thats a bit too much price :mad2: ..

coolio256
27.06.09, 12:45
I thought an upgrade version from XP to 7 should be for free !?:confused:

splicer
27.06.09, 14:08
Hehe, I formatted my 8 year old system's HDD, which used to have XP on it, and installed Ubuntu 9.04 on it; fuck M$ and 7... open source feels good. I was thinking about getting 7, but my mind has been hijacked by Ubuntu since I installed it on my laptop.

slikrapid
27.06.09, 14:14
I thought an upgrade version from XP to 7 should be for free !?:confused:

afaik no previous win upgrade was free - guess we'll have to wait until linux really takes over on a larger scale - now that could even force them to go with a free win (it surely would prove the power of free software :biggrin:)

anyways, i probably won't be getting it until the first SP

anon
27.06.09, 17:58
(it surely would prove the power of free software :biggrin:)

Bill Gates has already publicly stated Linux is their biggest competitor (as I posted yesterday, if I'm not mistaken). I can even respect him for saying that :smile:

Will try 7 myself anyway, but again, once eXPer1ence mods it. His custom ISOs are awesome and bloat-free. :top: