PDA

View Full Version : The rise and fall of elite trackers

nishant
16.06.09, 06:41
What makes a tracker hot and what not? I just got this mass PM from ScL (mass PMs always scare me, I'm afraid it's a PM about potential cheating, questions about speedtest, etc)

ScL Mass PM

Yes you read it right!

We would like to kick it with over-all Free Leech, Yeah we said it! Not just the packs but on all content on the tracker will be free leech as of friday 0:00 19th of June GMT for one week in total.

Now to add a little challenge to it. We decided to grant you over-all double upload (except packs) when the members/peer ratio hits 3.0 (comes down to only 3 torrents a member) within these 7 days. If this goal is reached a full week will be added to the additional one.

Now to even add more challenge to it. We will give everyone 1 invite when the members/peer ratio will hit 4.0. Yeah we said it! This invite is yours for another full week. So the sooner this goal is reached, the more new members can enjoy the Free Leech and Double upload.

It is noted that the fact that a lot of people complain that there is a lack of leechers well here is you chance to do something about it instead of just talking. And with the pre times back to 'normal' we suggest you benefit from it!

The countdown has begun!

Right now ScL's member/peer ratio's an abysmal 1.02, while SCC's somewhere around 9. I remember ScL use to be a cool, uber l33t tracker, and now it's meh. Hell, I'm so unenthusiastic that I won't even bother to cheat anymore (already have a 2TB buffer).

Trackers are somewhat like stocks, they go up and down. But what makes them go up and down? ScL's selection is just as good as GFT's, even though the latter is a lot more popular at the moment. Hell, GFT's only cool because it's ratioless, but with the right tools any tracker is functionally ratioless.

SealLion
16.06.09, 07:07
what an interesting question you've posed here.

Maybe it's the idea that people move on to other sites, like the one's you've mentioned and see that it has better material over the other one.

As a result, you continu to participate in the forums (??), you then upload, what you feel is good content, to the site; therefore, making it even better as others do likewise.

As others do likewise, more and more pple also follow suit.

More and more pple download and also upload ( good content over the other site) to that same site.

It basically becomes a domino effect and of course, the other tracker falls from it's previous grace.

alpacino
16.06.09, 07:11
(mass PMs always scare me, I'm afraid it's a PM about potential cheating, questions about speedtest, etc)I share this fear, since when I started cheating. :redface:

Dynamic
16.06.09, 07:37
It seems ScL is just threading water at the moment. Hope they recover. The speeds are good but there just seems not enough people are there.

Mihai
16.06.09, 11:58
Yeah well scl doesn't seem like a top tracker.I even wanted to trade my acount because it's not with my mail and a guy said he would love it because he was lookung for it and when he saw my proof and saw a few seeders and leechers and some torrents he was surprised.I asked him why and he said:"Lol man i just wanted it because i heard on a forum that it's good.But it's shit.Lol."

shoulder
16.06.09, 17:10
You need to define what's an Elite Tracker to be able to answer that question. :wink2:

Is it hard to get in, fast speeds, good pretimes, ... ?

ScL's selection is just as good as GFT's, even though the latter is a lot more popular at the moment.
ScL's is better, way better.
On GFT all torrents got deleted yesterday. :tongue:

TD21
16.06.09, 17:14
Yeah i was stunned when GFT only had 1 torrent up lol! Imo GFT has great pretimes but its got an abysmal amount of seeders or leechers.

SBfreak
16.06.09, 17:16
On GFT all torrents got deleted yesterday.:frown:.....LOL.
Anyway I just found out that my account over there at SCL died of inactivity:tongue:.Are the peers nearly the same as 3 months ago because I might be interested in joining again.

shawshankraj
16.06.09, 17:34
Anyway I just found out that my account over there at SCL died of inactivity.Are the peers nearly the same as 3 months ago because I might be interested in joining again

Some good Peer now B'coz of their last Giveaway of invite to their user...

nishant
16.06.09, 22:09
You need to define what's an Elite Tracker to be able to answer that question. :wink2:

Is it hard to get in, fast speeds, good pretimes, ... ?

ScL's is better, way better.
On GFT all torrents got deleted yesterday. :tongue:
Mostly it's hard to get into.

GFT is a terrible tracker, yet people are still paying for invites. The only rationale is to gain epenis (and rep) at some invite forum (read: torrent-invites.com), which isn't worth wasting your money for.

alpacino
16.06.09, 22:15
GFT is a terrible tracker, yet people are still paying for invites.IMO it's an OK tracker but it's not all that people been talking about, it's very over hyped.

SBfreak
16.06.09, 22:23
it's very over hyped.
That happens with every rare tracker...IMO Torrentleech ownz GFT

Black Orchid
17.06.09, 01:52
That happens with every rare tracker...IMO Torrentleech ownz GFT

I can name probably 10 trackers better than GFT. It not as great as advertised. Just 0-day site with lot of thing pre'd (XXX imgsets) to make look better than it is.

TD21
17.06.09, 10:29
My only use for GFT are the 0day apps.

fooltoo
17.06.09, 13:48
gee, the world chnaged in GFT when i wasnt online..

yeah, now GT seems shit, its seeders thing was shitty anyway!