PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner Inspires Ridley Scott's New Web Series

anon
10.06.09, 21:47
It took Ridley Scott 25 years to perfect his "director's cut" for Blade Runner, but now he is jumping back into the future with a new sci-fi web series.

Titled Purefold, the package of five- to 10-minute webisodes is set shortly before 2019, when Blade Runner took place.

"It's actually based on the same themes as Blade Runner," series co-producer David Bausola told The New York Times. "It's the search for what it means to be human and understanding the notion of empathy."

Blade Runner Inspires Ridley Scott’s New Web Series | Underwire | Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/06/blade-runner-inspires-ridley-scotts-new-web-series/)

Dynamic
11.06.09, 06:32
Oh man! I would so love to see them! I can't wait! Blade Runner is such a good movie. One of the only movies I actually own via DVD!

slikrapid
11.06.09, 19:00
i have a feeling he was playing with the idea to make a Blade Runner 2 (which might be nice), but didn't have enough to make a full movie so this is a way around such a problem - this could be a way to gain interest and eventually get a script/storyline big enough to make the movie sequel :klatsch_3:

edit:

25 years to perfect his "director's cut"
ROFLMAO nonsense

alpacino
12.06.09, 09:03
Blade Runner is amazing. I need to watch this film again along with many other classics. Just watched "Midnight Express" these days, it's from 1979! Regarding Ridley Scott, he's awesome, I love his films. Hope this project does well.

assault
12.06.09, 10:44
yeah blade runner is really magnificent movie.....

Just watched "Midnight Express" these days, it's from 1979!

its just a information...

Alen parker,who is Director of the movie, accused Oliver stone,who is screenplay of the movie, each time about the movie and oliver stone too accused Alen parker each time about the movie, and Billy Hayes, who is player of movie,have come recently turkey and he was frequently apologizing when reporter asked him about movie....i know these because as i am a turk , i live in turkey :smile: