PDA

View Full Version : Half Life Episode 3 is canceled?

assault
10.06.09, 18:00
i'd have wanted to place youtube link of hl-ep3 on this page....i have waited for just one trailer since E3-2009 started...and it havent, though there's some games that no-shown on E3(like max payne-3)

if you want to have look at ,here is the link

Big Download Blog (http://news.bigdownload.com/photos/e3-2009-the-pc-games-no-shows/2069032/)

there isnt any information about hl-ep3 on internet
i hope the game is not canceled....

cheatos
10.06.09, 18:32
yeah same here i was also looking for Diablo 3 new gameplay or trailer at the E3 but found nothing :frown:.

and for HLe3, Valve wont cancel a successful selling game :biggrin:

nextor
10.06.09, 19:32
Ye, I have no clue if it's cancelled but I surely hope not. Great game series.

There was a great lack of big titles on E3 this year, or maybe I'm just failing to see them... Where is my D3 :confused2:

SBfreak
10.06.09, 19:46
I'm sure that if EP3 was cancelled the whole internet would've already known:tongue:.I think it will be released after L4D2

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
10.06.09, 20:20
As i sayd before..every big release will be delayed on purpouse until Christmas Hollidays..so i think that ep3 will be released over that date ofcourse if everything it's ok with the add-on.

assault
10.06.09, 21:15
I'm sure that if EP3 was cancelled the whole internet would've already known

hey @SBfreak i hope L4D2 never come out:tongue:

@DarkSaibot, i hope it'd be like you said:wink:

SBfreak
10.06.09, 21:18
@SBfreak i hope L4D2 never come out

Why not?? No high requirements(uses the same source engine) and valve promised that L4D mods will work with L4D2 too.

assault
10.06.09, 22:45
Why not??

because my friend valve rather gives priority to L4D2 than Hl-ep3 thats why i said so:biggrin:...at first hl-ep3 must be finished then L4D2:redface:...

but i admit L4D is a funny/scary game as well:wink:

alpacino
10.06.09, 23:04
Damn. assault you got me scared here for a second, don't do that again :mad2: :tongue: I thought you had concrete proof it was cancelled.

I think exactly like others, an award winning and succesful game like Half life series wouldn't go down like that. Hey wait a minute... succesful game... Duke Nukem... mmmm

Now regarding Left 4 Dead 2, it seems a lot of legit users are angry at Valve due to some broken vows, here's an interesting read: Over 10,000 Steam Members Pledge to Boycott L4D2: News from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174667)

What's this? Another example of good and paying users getting screwed over by the people whom they get support from? :confused:

assault
11.06.09, 00:16
Damn. assault you got me scared here for a second, don't do that again

sorry my friend it wont be again:biggrin:

i am just curious about....
Hl-ep2 had come out in 2007...since two years even there is no a picture...
Hl-ep3 is just a episode not a whole game...i almost forgot Hl2, Hl-ep1,ep-2 :baeh:

... succesful game... Duke Nukem
what a game!(had played on pentium 90 16mb ram), i still remember "Shake it baby":tongue:....

assault
13.06.09, 16:04
breaking news:smile:

at last Valve head man Gabe Newell has talked about Hl-ep3...

Valve: There are "very good reasons" for lack of Half-Life 2: Episode 3 info (http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/11/gabe-newell-there-are-very-good-reasons-for-lack-of-half-life/)

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.06.09, 17:24
breaking news:smile:

at last Valve head man Gabe Newell has talked about Hl-ep3...

Valve: There are "very good reasons" for lack of Half-Life 2: Episode 3 info (http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/11/gabe-newell-there-are-very-good-reasons-for-lack-of-half-life/)

Well..from what i have read overthere i'm getting one ideea...that EP3 will be a surprise..and not what us aspect.."just an add-on for hl 2"
Maybe it will be a final for a new begineing...maybe it will be something like Hl2 original long and more deep in story..but for sure ..100% it will be a surprise in the ideea " the final episode" it will be the final and the start for a new story.

I bet That it will be something like Half-Life 3 :biggrin:

anon
13.06.09, 19:18
I bet That it will be something like Half-Life 3 :biggrin:

Valve has stated that episodic content is what they originally planned to be "Half-Life 3", if I'm not mistaken.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.06.09, 20:37
Valve has stated that episodic content is what they originally planned to be "Half-Life 3", if I'm not mistaken.

Well ..that's the reason for all that delay between 2 episode's and the 3'th one..the 3'th one will be an episode with only the name ..beside that it will be a totally new game ..that's why all the secret's and nobody don't say nothing..
But still i'm pretty sure that in the last two mounth of this year or 100% in the first mounth on the next year (if not sunner ) it will be launched.

To bad that until then i have to buy another pc..since mine that i have'it right now has stoped to run Hl after Ep 1 :frown:

assault
13.06.09, 21:22
yeah thats right valve had stated officially HL-3 when ep-1 came out but three years have gone by since this statement....

i dont think that valve will complete hl-ep3 this year... they still work on L4D2

to me valve works on new "engine" for hl-ep3 like source-2 thats why hl-ep3 will take long...

alpacino
14.06.09, 08:46
I remember seeing a video where critics bashed valve for not showing anything about ep3 on E3, and also bullied them: "why take many years to make a 5 hours game?" <- lol.

assault
14.06.09, 17:21
"why take many years to make a 5 hours game?"

its a good point @alpacino thats why i am angry at valve:redface:

well, valve had made HalfLife-1 by using renewed "Quake-1 engine" in 1998

then they had made halflife-2 by creating a brand-new engine,source, in 2004...

i think they work on new engine for hl-3/hl-ep3 and thats why halflife-ep3/hl-3 takes long because i cant find a other reason:wink2: ...they moreover plan to come out L4D2 first:rolling_eyes:

anon
14.06.09, 18:25
I remember seeing a video where critics bashed valve for not showing anything about ep3 on E3, and also bullied them: "why take many years to make a 5 hours game?" <- lol.

Heh, yes, HL2 took so much time to develop, and a speedrunner finished it in two hours - around the same time it took me to win Portal. :redface: