09.06.09, 16:35
A shortened URL is easier to type than:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?t
ype=3&campid=5336224516&toolid=10001&customid=tiny-
hp&ext=unicycle&satitle=unicycle

For example. :tongue:

slikrapid
09.06.09, 17:35
at the same time it is troublesome since you don't know whats the real site address until you open the shortened link

and sometimes these short links use a spam protection site so before you get the redirection you have to type the captcha and waste time on such actions, or if a redirection site goes down - no way to know what the original links were and so on...always a few catches, eh? :wink:

shoulder
09.06.09, 18:26
Seems a little bit like a tinyurl clone.

But if you have a look at a shortened URL you will notice the URL bar doesn't show the real URL.
The URL bar doesn't even show a "real" URL after following a link.

Could be used for phishing ...

DriftKing
09.06.09, 19:15
I am using tinyurl for a long time. but this one be good too !

anon
09.06.09, 20:11
at the same time it is troublesome since you don't know whats the real site address until you open the shortened link

and sometimes these short links use a spam protection site so before you get the redirection you have to type the captcha and waste time on such actions, or if a redirection site goes down - no way to know what the original links were and so on...always a few catches, eh? :wink:

Yes, those are indeed some issues. But they do pay off when you're away from your bookmarks and have to remember a five-letter code instead of a full URL. :smile:

TinyURL also has a "preview" feature which you can use to know where you'll be led to before it happens. That's very useful to avoid shock and scam sites.

Blocker
10.06.09, 04:23
Very useful site,I never see this kind of web tool,

Maybe bookmarks are better for me ,

Nevertheless I'll try it

:top: