PDA

View Full Version : AMD Graphics Processor, First to Embrace DirectX 11 in Windows 7

anon
04.06.09, 18:33
AMD is the first to embrace DirectX 11, the successor of DX 10.1 with a graphics processor unveiled at COMPUTEX 2009, Taipei. The next generation of Microsoft's graphics technology will be made available not only as an integral part of Windows 7, but also for Windows Vista, as a standalone download. However, backward compatibility stops with Vista. Just as DirectX 10, version 11 will not be offered for Windows XP. AMD is working to deliver the first DirectX-capable graphics cards in time for the availability of Windows 7, which has been confirmed for October 22, 2009.

AMD Graphics Processor, First to Embrace DirectX 11 in Windows 7 - But also in Windows Vista - Softpedia (http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-Graphics-Processor-First-to-Embrace-DirectX-11-in-Windows-7-113244.shtml)

alpacino
05.06.09, 05:47
And I didn't even eXPerienced Directx10 :frown: , I wonder which will be nVidia answer to this.

anon
05.06.09, 14:30
Me neither. And that "DirectX 10 for XP" pack that's around the Net won't do anything if your GFX card doesn't support it. :biggrin:

Mine's supposed to be DX9-ready, but can't handle anything higher than 8.1. :redface: