PDA

View Full Version : How to listen to music

nishant
04.06.09, 00:06
How to you find music, and how do you listen to it? Some connoisseurs really "listen", do nothing but listen to experience a new album. I never find the time to do that. I usually explore by using pandora, then download the artists discography from demonoid or waffles, and just put it in a playlist and do something else. If a song catches my tune I'll put it in a permanent playlist, then delete the rest. My library's full of half albums and whatnot.

anon
04.06.09, 00:08
I download random albums of the music genres I like and put them on Winamp's playlist to listen to them at the same time I surf, game, etc. Going to Grooveshark, loading some tracks you like and turning Autoplay on is also a good idea.

SBfreak
04.06.09, 00:29
Well hard to say.I usually search for artists not songs.If I like one song from one of their albums I listen to all of their songs then chose wich ones remain and wich ones I delete.Games have great soundtracks also.If you liked a game you should look for it's soundtrack.

slikrapid
04.06.09, 01:29
Some connoisseurs really "listen", do nothing but listen to experience a new album.

i believe this is the best way - to give it your full attention and properly experience its beauty, unfortunately people rarely have enough time to live as they should so they try to do multiple things at the same time - multitasking is not really our strength

personally i try to keep up with the genres i listen to, with occasional adventures into other genres, but its difficult and many albums are left unheard; from those that i do hear, i usually extract some favorites (songs and/or albums) for repeated listening and try to get a complete discography hoping for more listening pleasure :biggrin:

Dynamic
04.06.09, 02:44
What programs do you guys use to surf new music to listen to?

I use winamp radio to check out new stations but I don't think its that efficient.

anon
04.06.09, 14:27
What programs do you guys use to surf new music to listen to?

Using Grooveshark (http://listen.grooveshark.com/), loading a few tracks you like and hitting the Autoplay button (that of a gear with a "play" symbol inside) is great to discover new music. :smile:

nextor
04.06.09, 18:29
I allways search by genre and download randomly. If I find something good I just download there whole discography, put it on iTunes and listen to it when I have time.

I allways have whole albums and it has to be good quality, or else it's just useless to me.

desodorante
04.06.09, 20:24
I use some artist mapping sites that do make good suggestions, then look for some streams to check a few tracks, and then if we are good to go, I use ed2k, kad, bt and slsk to find the artist. Then it dies in my HDD in some emergency created folder in another HDD and I never listen to it :biggrin:

nishant
07.06.09, 00:15
i believe this is the best way - to give it your full attention and properly experience its beauty, unfortunately people rarely have enough time to live as they should so they try to do multiple things at the same time - multitasking is not really our strength

why isn't multitasking not the strength of something people? I do that all the time and it works out great.

slikrapid
07.06.09, 14:28
why isn't multitasking not the strength of something people? I do that all the time and it works out great.

well, good for you :biggrin:

what i meant is that when multitasking usually its hard to have full attention to all tasks - this can be seen when you do something and listen to music at the same time - eventually you'll notice that you're not fast enough when doing that task (it kinda slows down, decreases efficiency) or that parts of the songs just pass and you haven't even noticed them

anon
07.06.09, 19:19
this can be seen when you do something and listen to music at the same time - eventually you'll notice that you're not fast enough when doing that task (it kinda slows down, decreases efficiency) or that parts of the songs just pass and you haven't even noticed them

Yes, I think you're right with that. Some people seem to be able to multitask just fine, but I personally can't focus on the music if I'm working, for example, and viceversa.

I agree on that what nishant said on the first post about sitting down, and "really" listening to the music without doing anything else is the best, but it seems there's no time for that nowadays.

slikrapid
07.06.09, 22:42
Some people seem to be able to multitask just fine

or they don't mind/care for the things they missed in the meantime

I agree on that what nishant said on the first post about sitting down, and "really" listening to the music without doing anything else is the best,

or lying down in a darkened room with headphones and closed eyes --> BEST :top: