PDA

View Full Version : FTP client

SBfreak
02.06.09, 22:05
What FTP client do you guys use?? I use FlashFXP 3.8

anon
02.06.09, 22:07
I very rarely use FTP, and when I do, it's either Windows's ftp.exe or Opera's built-in function.

Dagon
02.06.09, 22:22
i prefer SmartFTP

in older times the 1.0 version and nowadays the 3.0 version

there u can connect maximum 128 times

Mfg Dagon

splicer
02.06.09, 22:56
I've use 3 in the past; Filezilla, WinSCP and FlashFXP, and I honestly prefer FlashFXP. It looks good, but still has numerous features, as well as the ability to choose the connection encryption type per stored FTP.

coolio256
02.06.09, 23:09
You can use Filezilla or its portable version...

alpacino
04.06.09, 01:19
I used SmartFTP in the beginning, but not anymore. Now I use FlashFXP. Filezilla is too confusing for me :P

kazuya
04.06.09, 11:38
I use Filezilla and FTPsurfer

DriftKing
04.06.09, 13:11
In past used Filezilla but now FlashXP. I prefer Flashxp to everyone !

labrat
04.06.09, 20:43
filezilla & flashfxp as well (used cuteftp before)

darkvideo
31.08.09, 11:16
i use filezilla and cute ftp

Empoleon
31.08.09, 14:18
I is a noob when it comes to ftp, however I have used WinSCP on the few occasions for my iPhone.

thecoolest
31.08.09, 16:08
fireftp on firefox..& ftp rush for personal use

narutox
01.09.09, 16:24
i use flashfxp and totalcommander

TheBlackSheep
02.09.09, 16:39
I use FTPRush and it rocks ;)

th3villain
06.09.09, 00:53
recently switched to flow (its for osx). used to use transmit

zipang
07.09.09, 21:30
For me, 3D FTP is best.

Darth
08.09.09, 15:17
I'm still using FlashFXP v.2.4 :) That was the best version for FXP back then ;)

ridosa
14.09.09, 14:02
i use filezilla very good for me

khangiskhan
21.09.09, 08:10
flashfxp is the only app that comes to mind that
I use regularly

rom08
21.09.09, 22:00
Anon I need help I don't see integrated ftp client in opera
Can you tell me where to find it please

anon
21.09.09, 22:00
Simply try to browse an FTP directory. For example:

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/

SBcheater
21.09.09, 23:08
I use WS_FTP Pro ..decent amount of answers on the web for any problems that pop up. Also easy to manage .. Very straight forward.

Also, I have used cuteftp; I liked the application for the same reasons listed above.

I also had an experince of using FileZilla and i found that it has the same speed as CuteFTP and WS_FTPPro, or SmartFTP moreover FileZilla is a development one, open source, support quite a lot of thing (resume, connection manager, etc).

FileZilla - The free FTP solution (http://filezilla.sourceforge.net)

With FilaZilla I always have 5-6Mbps on LAN and 52kbps on 512 ADSL line (which is maximum - so great), of course with a reliable server. It also support bandwidth reservation - you can surf while downloading without experiencing any downgrade.

And FileZilla doesnt have problem with passive mode as some others may experienced. Sometime CuteFTP freezed when open a FTP link, or your got disconnected.

The only problem with FileZilla so far is not in term of speed but I can not remove the quick connect site

A TIP in case you don't have FTP installed in your PC and are in need of FTP Browsing facility

In your Internet Explorer (or just plain Windows Explorer) address bar, just type the ftp address with this structure:

ftp://username@www.yourftpsite.com

. .and you can save your password once prompted. Then you create a shortcut on your desktop for this FTP location, and the next time you double-click it, you have what looks like a standard Explorer folder window, but it's actually a window into your ftp root folder. You can drag and drop, rename, delete--everything you'd expect, but it's just like working with a standard windows explorer folder view.

use this method if you dont have any FTP client installed

In case if you have an ftp client installed beaware that some ftp clients hook into the Explorer syntax above, so you need to unhook it. otherwise when you type the example i listed above (or just click it), your installed ftp client will intercept the request and launch its own app. unhook this if it happens so that Explorer/IE handles it

My personal recommendation is of using WS_FTP Pro due to the reason I menioned in first paragraph

ironace
14.11.09, 20:54
I use FileZilla when i have to. It has a simple layout and its easy to use.

banneduser
14.11.09, 21:12
firetftp in firefox

Instab
14.11.09, 23:13
leapftp for winblows, fetch for osx and gftp for unix/linux. if you're a purist ncftp might make you happy :redface:

and btw i do not recommend browser plugins of any kind. browsers just can't handle the ftp protocol very well.

chilla
15.11.09, 18:51
I use WinSCP after trying to carry out issues with FileZilla.
With WinSCP I don't have problems with interrupted down/uploads or wrong transferred files.