PDA

View Full Version : Free Microsoft Software

Nobody
02.06.09, 04:44
EDIT: MS Stopped this. Links do not work. Accounts have been taken.

Click here for UK. (https://om2.one.microsoft.com/offer/technet_emea.aspx)

Click here for US. (https://om2.one.microsoft.com/offer/technet_na.aspx)

Click link. Fill it out like your buying. False info is OK. You'll be technet subscriber.

Technet is subscription service for developers. Lets them get free software to use on they're network. Keys taken do not expire either.

Log in, click downlads, find what software you want, click "key", click "get". Microsoft makes key for you.

It's bug, use it and get as many key as you can, while you can.

Inside, looks like this ("Get another key" button is so glorious, lol):

http://f.imagehost.org/dl/1810b56437a8e1ff20b450400becc6a6/0228/untitled_8.jpg

SealLion
02.06.09, 04:48
did you get anyting from there yourself??

I went to the link, I guess some of the stuff there looks ok.

Though I'm just wondering how this site would compare to other places like eBAy.

Nobody
02.06.09, 04:49
Yes. I have ten Vista Ultimate Keys, Server 2008 keys, Office Keys...

Compare to eBay? How do you mean? Technet subscription is direct from Microsoft. Get key from them, download from them

Edit: Moved some info up to OP

SealLion
02.06.09, 06:54
So you didn't have to pay for anything for any of those, did you??

You got them fro free??

The reason why I"m asking is because with some items there are prices attached to them. I can't remember what I saw that did have prices but it's just a question. :)

Nobody
02.06.09, 07:08
No I don't pay. Technet subscription gives you access to those products, and the link I gave is a bugged technet subscription for $0.

Just golook. Maybe you look at the original slickdeals link (a deal forum) before I edit and saw stuff on sale. I change that... now it is direct link to bugged technet sub page.

SealLion
03.06.09, 01:58
wow. Nice. I'm gonna check it out right away.

I didnn;'t know that it was a bugged technet link. VEry nice of you. :smile:

Lucky that you came across it too, I guess. :smile:

anon
03.06.09, 18:50
I didnn;'t know that it was a bugged technet link. VEry nice of you. :smile:

Lucky that you came across it too, I guess. :smile:

Use it while it lasts! I doubt Microsoft will continue to "offer" software for free much longer.

SealLion
04.06.09, 01:59
You know, right after I finished my post above yesterday. That's when the links must have died and gone to internet-heaven.

Because I came across the real MS links, then.

What a schmuck-a-roo!!

Nobody
04.06.09, 03:44
Doh. Sorry

Now we wait to see if keys remain valid. They could blacklist, but today after site went down people still use keys okay.

SealLion
04.06.09, 04:49
Well, that's ok. At least some people got something out of it, yes??

anon
04.06.09, 14:50
I saw other sites posting this trick as well. That's definitely why it didn't last long. But if they keys aren't blocked this is/was still useful for those that got in before they patched this. :smile:

splicer
04.06.09, 15:53
I still maintain faith within The Scene; I'm running a BIE release of Vista Ultimate x64, from about a year and a half ago, which, having updated to both SP1 and 2, has not bothered me with a WGA announcement to date. Hence it's more than likely that another group will start up soon, as BIE where dedicated to Vista, a new group will be to 7.

Nobody
04.06.09, 23:07
Someone actually had balls to call Microsoft and asked, hahaha:

At this time MS will not be canceling the technet accounts.
They are in a suspend status.

Previously generated keys will continue to work.

MS has not made the determination of what to do next. (This means their doing math and talking to their legal team.)

Several options are being discussed including:
Closing the accounts
Sending the surveys to all registered accounts, and closing those that don’t reply
Suspending the accounts indefinitely and offering a discounted rate for those who wish to continue.

They probably see more business for Technet now that more people know about it. May be a good thing in teh end.

SealLion
05.06.09, 02:10
What kind of nonsense is this:

Sending the surveys to all registered accounts, and closing those that don’t reply

That is horse-hockey...

YOu have to reply to some suryey where they take your email and, in addition to the generated info they've got from you, they also put your email on a spam list for other companies to send garbage to.

One of my spam email accounts is so heavy with trash, its a miracle it even opens up for me to see if there's anything worth wile there.

alpacino
05.06.09, 07:55
I had signed-in but didn't know where to retrieve keys. Damn, now the account is kind of demoted, with many things greyed out :frown: Well, I really don't care though.

Nobody
05.06.09, 09:47
YOu have to reply to some suryey where they take your email and, in addition to the generated info they've got from you, they also put your email on a spam list for other companies to send garbage to.

One of my spam email accounts is so heavy with trash, its a miracle it even opens up for me to see if there's anything worth wile there.

Well... original bugged page came from the end of survey. You finish survey with satisfactory answers, and you get to test technet account for a year. So offer to give survey to all is very generous--means you have chance to get Windows 7 keys if you pass the survey.

anon
05.06.09, 15:43

You should switch to disposable addys - GuerrillaMail and Trash-Mail work wonders on 95% of the sites I've tried them on :biggrin:

Nobody
05.06.09, 22:40
Sad day!

All of the subscriptions that are listed under the TechNet Consumer
Service Pilot have been taken offline and placed "under examination".
Any subscriptions created by legitimate ITAC members with valid
contact information will continue to have a valid subscription. For
those who are not a member of ITAC and signed up directly with the web
address will have their subscriptions revoked and any claimed product
keys will be placed on a blacklist with Microsoft Genuine Advantage
and Product Activation to prevent against software piracy."

So only the static (non-retail) keys will work. It was good preview of technet. I will wait for promodeal and subscribe with friends for W7. Ten friends for less than 35 dollars each is not bad for OS.

SealLion
06.06.09, 01:36
a 35 dollar OS??!!

that's unreal.

that is DEFINITLY a deal worth going for.