PDA

View Full Version : Another EliteTorrents Uploader Facing 10 Years in Prison

CoreCore
19.11.07, 15:17
The fallout from the FBI raid on EliteTorrents in 2005 continues, with a seventh defendant associated with the uploading of Star Wars Episode III facing the prospect of 10 years in prison coupled with a $500,000 fine.

FBI

Every few months it seems the FBI manages to come up with yet more people to charge in connection with Operation D-Elite - the joint ICE and FBI raids against the US-based BitTorrent tracker, EliteTorrents, in 2005.

Read the full story here:
TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/another-elitetorrents-uploader-facing-10-years-in-prison-071117/)

Butcho
19.11.07, 15:28
Oh fuck 10 years and 500000$ that's much...
I can't belive it the people only upload a stupid movie and don't sale drugs or rob banks...

0ldboy
19.11.07, 22:18
I totally agree with Butcho's statement :top:

Its just a "virtual crime" you know... Poor guy, he didn't kill anyone or something like that... hmm:

http://imgnow.de/uploads/325103mpaafuckoffthumb5c3jpg.jpg

Manas
19.11.07, 23:14
People steal things or do even worse things and won't get punished as hard as a filesharer will. It's just unfair. The government is only interested in things they are personally involved in. If they get damaged the punishment will be as high as possible... If a normal citizen gets damaged they don't really care and the real criminials won't be taken care of.

So where's the justice? It's all about the ****ing money... I really hate that :icon_angry[1]:

takomania
19.12.07, 21:07
what the authorities need to understand is that everything that people download is not a lost sale - i wouldn't buy 25% of the stuff i've downloaded - like many other people, i do it because i can...

...not that that justifies it, but 10 years in jail is just idiocy...

Manas
19.12.07, 21:12
You're absolutely right. I think they just search for an excuse for their low benefits... But the reason is simple isn't it? The quality of movies, games etc. have never been so low. Most of my recent cinema visits turned out to be a waste of money :rolling_eyes:

takomania
21.12.07, 14:33
too true - money controls the industries now, much more than the passion behind creativity...

creativity is far from dead, it's just that it's too risky for the men with the money to invest in as it doesn't guarantee sales...

mat
19.01.08, 13:06
they canīt stop piracy cause there are always people that donīt got money to buy originals. i spoke for me i donīt got money to bought a original vista...and much more programs that i use.
but in the same way i need to use that programs so i have to use piracy software! theres no other way.

regards,
for all

kokolizo
31.01.08, 15:01
Oh fuck 10 years and 500000$ that's much...
I can't belive it the people only upload a stupid movie and don't sale drugs or rob banks...

Itīs all about the money... you CAN have a prostitition organization, and you will be fine... all of that shit really sucks.