PDA

View Full Version : SceneLife.net (ScL) is about to prune inactive accouts

alpacino
19.05.09, 06:23
Hi everybody, I just saw this PM today:

ScL clean up! From - System 2009-05-16 17:58:00
Dear ScL member,

In a week or so SceneLife will perform a massive userbase clean up. If you have the following stats you will be DISABLED

0 - Download
0 - Upload
0 - Forums posts
0 - Torrent comments

Others close to these stats will be reviewed. It is noted that if you are disabled due to this cleanup help in our #support channel of IRC, will NOT be given, as you already have been giving the opportunity to be a part of this community and be active.

With this cleanup we hope to improve the quality of our userbase. Cause we do not run this community for collectors and inactive members.
But for those who actually use it.

Kind Regards,
SceneLife crew since 2007
This time it doesn't matter if you log in the tracker from time to time to avoid auto disabling, you have to actually participate in the tracker. So collectors, start now before it's too late :biggrin:

In my opnion this could be a good move to enforce the user to actually use the tracker. But on the other hand, I think ScL desperately needs more users. You can see most their torrents have low number of seeders (even though 10+ torrents usually are fast) and 0 leechers, which could be a trouble to maintain ratio.

anonftw
19.05.09, 07:57
I already made the rounds there posting and commenting my butt off. I noticed that the Packs section on the top bar disappeared and I thought they had a 0day/music one as well. I am new there, so they may been there just for the pack contest. Everything is still available, I just miss the bars. Maybe I am confusing it with SCC, but weren't there buttons up there for packs ?

alpacino
19.05.09, 08:54
Yes, I think there were bars in the past, as I'm missing them too. Take a look at this, I found in their foruns:

Hey everyone!
There has been popping up a lot of questions about the ongoing merger of the torrent sections, so I will try to clear out the confusion.

Right now packs are still freeleech and separated from the rest with the blue bg color. Music torrents on the other hand are currently not freeleech. The torrent multiplier applies for all torrents now, including packs and music. However, this is not quite finished yet so there might be changes. When it's finished we will inform you all with a news post.It clarifies that there were changes in the categories arrangement :smile:

Dynamic
19.05.09, 09:03
I think they are pruning to open up invites. I do agree that SCL needs more people as like you said the torrents only have a few seeders and leechers...

I don't know about the new design though as torrents/music/packs being separated was a very good for me.

takomania
21.05.09, 14:23
I think they are pruning to open up invites.

that's exactly what i thought when i read the post! here's hoping :biggrin:

anon
21.05.09, 21:15
Have a look at this forum post:

If you wonder if you are safe, you probably are.

Please read the thread. They don't want to force everyone to comment, post, download and upload, they are just saying they will remove users that does NONE of these things.

Those affected are those who got an account, forgot about it, and never used it again. If you have read the message, you are probably safe (which makes one wonder if the message should have been sent out in the first place, but that's another question :wink:)

Source: ScL

shoulder
21.05.09, 21:33
I think they are pruning to open up invites.

Invites are not in the near future.. As we want to focus on who we have now first
Doesn't seem so.