PDA

View Full Version : The Road

yoco
17.05.09, 19:22
YouTube - The Road (Trailer 2009)

:top:

Dynamic
17.05.09, 19:39
You know there have been a large amount of movies about the end of mankind lately...Are they trying to tell us something?

Blocker
17.05.09, 22:56
You know there have been a large amount of movies about the end of mankind lately...Are they trying to tell us something?

It's true! ,More catastrophe movies are in recent years why? or maybe is just a great bussines topic.Nevertheless seems to be a interesting movie with Charlize Theron and Viggo Mortensen

Nobody
18.05.09, 02:26
The book was good. I'm eagerly awaiting this one.

I'm still kind of bitter for Oprah branding a lot of old classics and new classics. It's awesome promoting reading, but I run in to soccer Mom's talking about books like this without any real depth or reasoning.

SealLion
18.05.09, 06:43
I'm still kind of bitter for Oprah branding a lot of old classics and new classics. ......

I don't understand. What do you mean??

Did Oprah make some comment about books and classify them all into something??

Also, one of the reasons that moviemakers might be making films about 'the end of mankind' or some abract title like that is because they've probably run out of other ideas. I am sure that there are other ideas too of course. And yes, it probably is a great business idea to put your bet on newer ideas such as the end of the world themes.

I think that Hollywood and other film industries don't want to make films about terrorists because of the general label that'll bring upon Muslims and so they figure that it's a safer bet to make films about the end of mankind.

Most especially relating to historical figures, such as Nostradaemus, or other mildly to moderatly related stuff like the DaVinci Code (which dealt with its own theme of course) talking about the end of earth, the destruction of earth, etc...etc....

alpacino
18.05.09, 18:56
Seems like a nice flick, I didn't know it was coming out. About the messages, I just think hollywood is running out of ideas, and the "end of the world" is the current theme everywhere nowadays. There's been a lack of originality lately... but I really don't mind, as long as the film gives me some thrills.

yoco
04.09.09, 18:05
YouTube - The Road New Trailer

SealLion
05.09.09, 01:24
seem ok, yoco. I think that AlPacino summed it up in the right way, though. Hollywood is coming up with another idea of making films with and it just happens to involve 'the end of civilization' theme.

actually, if it was the end of civilization, things in that movie would actually be much worse of then they are portrayed in being.

Here's an example.

With all the world's nuclear reactors now heating up b/c no one is watching the reactor's temperature and cooling systems, eventually those would increase in temp and explode and of course, you'd have a nuclear reaction.

Most of everyone would suffer from radiation sickness, vegetation would not flourish until quite some time has elapsed.

I'm sorry, yoco.

Don't mean to ruin your thread, but still it would seem like an interesting story to watch still. Most especially with Charlize Theron.

She is such a good actress. And pretty actractive too. I think her role and character in this film was well chosen to have her act as the part she's in. :)

alpacino
05.09.09, 05:53
I'm expecting this to be a good flick, since it's from the "No Country for Old Men" film author. I liked that one a lot.

slikrapid
05.09.09, 06:23
here have been a large amount of movies about the end of mankind lately

i haven't noticed that, i did however notice a significant decline in movie quality since that writer strike happened

Did Oprah make some comment about books and classify them all into something??

she does that regularly on her show - promoting books, movies, artists...

Hollywood and other film industries don't want to make films about terrorists

there was a slow down around 9/11 but after a few months such themes returned (with a larger amount of middle-eastern terrorists)

Most of everyone would suffer from radiation sickness, vegetation would not flourish until quite some time has elapsed.

to realize how a nuclear war might look like & its consequences watch Threads (1984) - was available on youtube/google videos too

yoco
05.09.09, 11:42
Why can't I edit my first post? Anyway, can somebody add this plz?

Release Date: October 16, 2009
Studio: The Weinstein Company
Director: John Hillcoat
Screenwriter: Joe Penhall, Nick Wechsler
Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Robert Duvall, Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce, Kodi Smit-McPhee
Genre: Thriller

Academy Award nominee Viggo Mortensen, Academy Award winners Robert Duvall and Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce and 12-year-old Kodi Smit McPhee star in the big-screen adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's best-selling, Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, "The Road" – the story of a man (Mortensen) and his young son (Smit-McPhee) traveling through a desperate, post-apocalyptic world.

slikrapid
07.09.09, 01:39
Why can't I edit my first post?

if i remember it correctly its because more than 48h have passed since you posted that thread

yoco
07.09.09, 12:17
Didn't know that, thnx for answering and if someone can edit my first post with that info above.

nextor
09.09.09, 15:21
Viggo looks hot in that beard.. nah.. just didn't see it was him to start with.

And ye, this looks like kind of a good movie. My type; the end of the world thingy. We will get there one day so why not have our laugh about it now? =)