PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Boxes - Packaging Design

anon
12.05.09, 16:46
With the Release Candidate of Windows 7 available for public download, Microsoft has moved onward with the development of the operating system. The next stage in the evolution of the next iteration of the Windows client is RTM. Only after Windows 7 will be released to manufacturing will the platform hit the shelves, marking General Availability. A critical aspect of GA is the packagings for the retail versions of Windows 7. While Microsoft has yet to make public the official design for the Windows 7 retail boxes, there are box concepts available in the wild.

Link (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-Boxes-Packagings-Design-111288.shtml) :thumbsup:

drakonis
12.05.09, 18:32
anon what you think of Win7?
i think its going to kill vista and bring happiness to every good gamer and user

Xardas
12.05.09, 20:17
i plan to get it,is it really that superior to vista?

splicer
12.05.09, 20:30
From reviews I've read, and from a little experience, yes. It runs much faster than Vista, even on lower end systems, but still maintains a Vista design.

kazuya
12.05.09, 21:01
it's not much faster.it's faster then vista but the difference may be barely noticeable to users

alpacino
12.05.09, 22:15
I hope it will be good, as I haven't experienced dx 10 yet :frown: Let's wait and see what happens in december :)

antiseedbox
16.05.09, 00:48
I am looking forward to it!

nextor
20.05.09, 16:25
I'm really looking forward to it aswell, and yes: It's supposed to be a lot faster than vista and it might even compete with XP. But then again, it's still Microsoft we're talking about :p

Aurion
20.05.09, 17:04
I don't think it will edge out the now available OS until they implement real time solutions in order to avoid what most users used to experience while using any new MS product.