PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down

anon
07.05.09, 19:20
Original story: A very reliable source close to Duke Nukem Forever developer 3D Realms today confirmed to Shacknews that the development studio has shut down.

The closure came about as a result of funding issues, our source explained, with the shut down said to affect both 3D Realms and the recently resurrected Apogee. Employees of both entities have already been let go.

Update: Apogee Software and Deep Silver have issued a statement to Shacknews, confirming that the situation at 3D Realms has not affected the development of Frontline Games' upcoming handheld Duke Nukem Trilogy.

"Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms," a representative for the companies told us. "Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."

Update 2: Duke Nukem Forever publisher Take-Two has confirmed to Shacknews that it was not funding ongoing development of the 3D Realms project.

"We can confirm that our relationship with 3D Realms for Duke Nukem Forever was a publishing arrangement, which did not include ongoing funds for development of the title," said Take-Two VP of communications Alan Lewis in a prepared statement.

"In addition, Take-Two continues to retain the publishing rights to Duke Nukem Forever," he added.

Update 3: 3D Realms webmaster Joe Siegler has commented on the shut down, stating: "It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time."

Siegler's post also reflects the unexpected nature of the situation, as he was unaware of the impending shut down during an interview conducted yesterday afternoon.

Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (Update 3) - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58519)

hitman
07.05.09, 19:47
oh no it ended now to be duke nukem for never. a bad news for gamers and duke fans

kazuya
07.05.09, 20:14
Damn,i played once that game and was so cool.Nasty little pigs,they where so fun.

anon
07.05.09, 20:15
i played once that game and was so cool

Duke Nukem Forever? I doubt you got to play it :biggrin:

Either way, yes, now we can lose almost all hope to ever see DNF be released. :frown:

kazuya
07.05.09, 20:22
No not Duke Nukem Forever,i meant older game,i played it on PlayStation, i think PlayStation 1

anon
07.05.09, 20:23
Duke Nukem: Time to Kill for PSX? I have played that one too :smile:

kazuya
07.05.09, 20:26
i think yes,it started with this pigs in bar and so :biggrin:

YouTube - Duke Nukem: Time To Kill (Playstation)

slikrapid
07.05.09, 20:40
the endless prolongation of Duke Nukem Forever had a high chance of such outcome, but imo because this is a very popular 'brand' someone will step up and make the game eventually

anon
07.05.09, 21:11
imo because this is a very popular 'brand' someone will step up and make the game eventually

A lot of expectations have been put on that game, even if it has also won vaporware awards. This may be wishful thinking, but I doubt this is it for DNF.

alpacino
08.05.09, 08:32
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I can't believe this man, it can't be real, no, no and no. I refuse to accept that! :frown::frown::frown:

I am such a huge fan of duke nukem, I used to play the first 2 2-d games from apogee. Then later me and friends used to lanparty the 3d version and play all dawn. Good times. :smile:

the endless prolongation of Duke Nukem Forever had a high chance of such outcome, but imo because this is a very popular 'brand' someone will step up and make the game eventually
I am inclined to believe that too slikrapid, Duke Nukem is such a strong franchise that it would be a shame to see it dying.

Sometime ago I remember this video had given me many hopes. Check it out:
tSnNYUbNdfg

slikrapid
08.05.09, 17:53
lazy basta**s !!!! :icon_angry[1]:

just having fun, and no work done! :rolleyes:

vin123321
23.05.09, 22:03
I was really hoping to play this game once it went gold. :(