PDA

View Full Version : GLADINET - Deliver Cloud Services onto Desktop

anon
07.05.09, 18:15
Gladinet Cloud Desktop mounts cloud storage as local folders and integrates online applications with the local desktop.
It is a personal cloud agent for internet users and a desktop delivery agent for cloud service providers.

Link (http://www.gladinet.com/) :thumbsup:

slikrapid
07.05.09, 21:28
cloud computing brings benefits mostly to those who need lots of computing power, so i would say it best suited for business

a big issue is privacy both for users and their data (monitoring, espionage,...)

as for desktop/laptop ordinary users

- the cost of storage & memory is dropping constantly
- personally i would feel much better knowing my digital data isn't being sent to some unidentifiable cloud of servers no matter how trustworthy they may be :mad:

anon
07.05.09, 21:32
- personally i would feel much better knowing my digital data isn't being sent to some unidentifiable cloud of servers no matter how trustworthy they may be :mad:

And even if it was no problem for you, there's always the issue of someone intercepting the transfer. Good encryption should be enough to back off most would-be hackers, though.

slikrapid
07.05.09, 21:50
Good encryption should be enough to back off most would-be hackers, though.

for lower level targets or hackers it probably would

for organized high level hackers or industrial espionage or government monitoring probably not

anon
07.05.09, 21:53
for organized high level hackers or industrial espionage or government monitoring probably not

You can be sure of that, specially about the government - they have the necessary computing power to break any encryption in minutes.